• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

This two weeks I've been banned I've been pretty disconnected from the Steam universe. Apart from Battleblock Theater coming (registered in the beta already), the Gabe AMA and Family Sharing going full release (shame that my college has Steam blocked because I would share my games with my friends), what's been happening?

I'm #726 in line. Not really into these games so don't care if I don't get one. I'm sure it will end up in some other bundle in the next 6-12 months anyway

Total units: 11

Welp

We are some filthy leechers, aren't we?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, GAF is pretty consistent here: the Origin thread is in Gaming, as are the uPlay, Capsule, Gamefly, GameSpy, GameTap, and GameStop Digital Downloads threads.

It's a regular rainbow coalition of platforms here.
The absolute worst is the Direct2Drive thread. When it was closed, everyone lost their posts there.

masterkajo

Hm, just wanted to activate my South Park code which I got from mmoga.de but apparently it won't activate due to Ubisoft screwing up and not removing the swastika for the German and Austrian version. Since I live in Austria it won't activate for me now. VPN doesn't help, my best guess is because the code is for a German version.

Anyone got any experience with Greenmangaming? Will the code from Greenmangaming work in Germany/Austria. Would I have to use US, UK VPN to activate? I want to play now and not wait for a even more censored version.

Thanks guys.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Burrito Galaxy Z 64: Mega-Tortilla Scrolls Saga 30X6: Planetoid SAL-5A XIV Directors Cut: Candy Edition: Push it to the edge PRO

// WARNING! : THIS GAME HAS NO GUNS, BLOOD, OR ZOMBIES, THEREFOR IS NOT A REAL GAME \\

WELCOME TO
" Burrito Galaxy 64: Mega-Tortilla Bean Saga 30X6 - Planetoid SAL-5A XIV Directors Cut: Extreme Edition : Push it to the limit "

GRAB UR BURRITO N SUIT UP, ITS TIME TO BEAN IT UP!

SLAP, BURP, AND SWACK YOUR WAY THROUGH COUPLES OF PUZZLES, SOME OF DUNGEONS AND TWO OF BOSS.

BECOME GUAC - THE FIRST FEMALE BEAN COMMANDER IN BURRITO GALAXY - AND DELIVER THE INTERSTELLAR BEAN PAYLOAD!

EXPLORE ALIEN PLANET WHERE IN PIRATES HAVE TAKEN YOUR BEAN CORE.

HOW WILL GUAC DELIVER THE BEANS NOW!?

FEATURES -
GROOVY COOL TUNES
WIGGITY WACK HAND DRAW ART
SUPER SWAG ITEMS AND COMBAT
TOTALLY TOOBULAR CONVERSATION WITH ALIENS AND HIDDEN RAPPER GIRL
IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? CAN YOU ASCEND YOUR MORTAL HUSK AND LEAVE BEHIND THIS WASTE OF A LIFE IN PURSUIT OF HIGHER BURRITOS?
tweet us up to tell us whats up - @magdev_ @mushbuh // music buds - @kayfaraday @mimigamansion

I love the concept of Greenlight.

Grief.exe

This two weeks I've been banned I've been pretty disconnected from the Steam universe. Apart from Battleblock Theater coming (registered in the beta already), the Gabe AMA and Family Sharing going full release (shame that my college has Steam blocked because I would share my games with my friends), what's been happening?

Let's see

South Park and RE4 released, they are awesome.
Year Walk tomorrow.

Dark Souls registry file updated to clear the way for Steam Achievements.

I always find it super annoying when games don't properly track game time on Steam. The Quake 2 mission packs register as just Quake 2 while you're playing and only add time to that, and not the individual packs.

Thankfully that doesn't happen too often, with the only other case I can think of being Invisible War. It was wacky and had different executables for the main menu and the game itself, making Steam not even show you as in-game once you actually started playing. But I want Steam to know how much I played. I want it to know.

Oh hey, anyone post this? On green man gaming, steam keys for Binary Domain are going for $3.74, and bundles with it, the Dan Marshall pack, and the multiplayer pack are going for for $5.74.
tumblr_mw2dnrymlJ1qjjrq2o1_1280.png

tumblr_mw2dnrymlJ1qjjrq2o2_1280.png

Grief.exe

I always find it super annoying when games don't properly track game time on Steam. The Quake 2 mission packs register as just Quake 2 while you're playing and only add time to that, and not the individual packs.

Thankfully that doesn't happen too often, with the only other case I can think of being Invisible War. It was wacky and had different executables for the main menu and the game itself, making Steam not even show you as in-game once you actually started playing. But I want Steam to know how much I played. I want it to know.

tumblr_mw2dnrymlJ1qjjrq2o1_1280.png

tumblr_mw2dnrymlJ1qjjrq2o2_1280.png

Wow that is really goofy. You couldn't run the main menu executable after you were already in game?

Didn't know where to ask this but figured this was the best place

Anyone know of a fix for Windows 7 Ultimate constantly defaulting my monitor to 59hz? I tried something in nvidia control panel making a custom res and setting the refresh rate to 60.001hz but it never sticks with the custom res and just defaults back to 1920x1200 regular. Really annoying :|

Sarcasm

Flash or html5 regardless is still a crap shot for me on youtube.

For everywhere else either is fine.

Do note that yt runs awesome on my Z1.

Salsa

Battleblock Theater is coming? rad

I gave up on proper gameplay tracking once cards came out.

it's an easy decision between being tracked correctly (when it can also fail for a number of reasons) or free money for 'idling'

Grief.exe

Was trying to test it out now but IW is being more of a hassle than normal, so I'll have to see whenever I end up replaying it. Certainly seems like it would work.

I can understand the frustration, I enjoy going back through the 'games played' list as it gives me memories of some great games.

tumblr_m2qhmnrgOp1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Do you have any idea if the achievements are the same from GFWL?

The PS3/360/PC achievements are all the same so I would venture a guess that they would continue that trend for the Steamworks version. They already have all the hooks in place for those achievements anyways.

Levyne

Banned
Someone in here mentioned the "top of the tule tree" in guacamelee earlier today. I now know what you mean. Just did it x_x

And the fucking troll chicken at the top,
KuGsj.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hm, just wanted to activate my South Park code which I got from mmoga.de but apparently it won't activate due to Ubisoft screwing up and not removing the swastika for the German and Austrian version. Since I live in Austria it won't activate for me now. VPN doesn't help, my best guess is because the code is for a German version.

Anyone got any experience with Greenmangaming? Will the code from Greenmangaming work in Germany/Austria. Would I have to use US, UK VPN to activate? I want to play now and not wait for a even more censored version.

Thanks guys.

Buy a key from Nuuvem. It'll be for the uncensored version and you'll get it instantly.

I've been looking on GAME.co.uk as they have a sale for BAFTA nominated games, and i just noticed their physical copies of games are cheaper than digital downloads.

QRjygFz.png

That's just the BAFTA games, the rest are more or less the same.

Is it cynical of me to think they're doing this on purpose or am i missing something?

Turfster

Is it cynical of me to think they're doing this on purpose or am i missing something?

Physical copies are stock that takes up space. You want that space back, so you can drop the price. (Physical PC release prices for the UK have always been much lower than pretty much everywhere else due to rather stupidly competitive pricing anyway)

Lunaniem

I've been looking on GAME.co.uk as they have a sale for BAFTA nominated games, and i just noticed their physical copies of games are cheaper than digital downloads.

QRjygFz.png

That's just the BAFTA games, the rest are more or less the same.

All those games register on Steam so it could just be trying to get rid of stock.

Physical copies are stock that takes up space. You want that space back, so you can drop the price. (Physical PC release prices for the UK have always been much lower than pretty much everywhere else due to rather stupidly competitive pricing anyway)

All those games register on Steam so it could just be trying to get rid of stock.

I didn't think of them trying to clear out stock, that would explain why Brink is only £3 haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom