• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Not sure if there's much to brag about. Mobile version of 780 or not, I wouldn't call gaming on a laptop a great experience unless you love throttling due to overheating.

Out of all the things to brag about, a gaming laptop is low on the list. I'm presuming the question was legitimate.

They are nice in a pinch, I replaced a stolen laptop with a "gaming laptop" in 2012 because, hell, I needed a laptop, but it feels relatively good to actually have a customization tower now instead.

I like the reasons given in the gaming laptop OT though:

I've always held that the want for a gaming laptop should be about fulfilling one of very few things: necessity, luxury, or a combination of the two. They're a good option for:

Frequent travelers - you spend a lot of time away from home and will rarely see time in front of your desktop.
Students - You need something portable enough to take to class/studies and back home for holidays.
Casuals - A cheaper laptop to play some games on the couch, or to compliment a more powerful desktop
Ballers - Because you want one.

DARK SOULS™ II landed!

capsule_616x353.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430/

Is it region locked? Russia has it for only £14!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not sure if there's much to brag about. Mobile version of 780 or not, I wouldn't call gaming on a laptop a great experience unless you love throttling due to overheating.

It doesn't overheat so far. Bless my MSI Dragon Edition 2.0

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam Gifts have the nocrossregiongifting flag so you cant trade for cheaper copies
The steam keys are region free though and are €22 atm on kinguin and other such sites

As I said earlier, I'd recommend waiting until closer to release before buying a cheap retail key. Remember that Nuuvem got caught up in a bit of a mess with SR4 after Deep Silver decided late in the game to make a region-locked (activation-only) sub for Brazil.

Edit: Though to clarify, you're safe when it comes to actual stores provided there's no mention of region-locking -- to continue with the aforementioned example, Nuuvem did good and requested ROW keys for international customers who'd pre-ordered.

The_Monk

The Dark Souls II Steam version is much more expensive than all the places I searched for. I have the Steelbook edition pre-ordered from Amazon that will also come with the Artbook and physical soundtrack and a local store in here have it for 29.99€ instead of the price on Steam, 49.99€ this is quite a difference.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder who will have Dark Souls 2 cheaper. GMG most likely. Let my laid off ass wait for offers.
;_;

fantomena

Dammit. I want to stop being greedy. I have over 110€ in my Steam wallet from trading cards and Im unable to use them because Im greedy. GODDAMMIT I NEED HELP!

Reckoner

The Dark Souls II Steam version is much more expensive than all the places I searched for. I have the Steelbook edition pre-ordered from Amazon that will also come with the Artbook and physical soundtrack and a local store in here have it for 29.99€ instead of the price on Steam, 49.99€ this is quite a difference.

29.99 is a pretty good deal. What store is it?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
If you have a shit laptop, sure, throttling will happen. Doesn't seem to be this case, as that is a MSI gaming one (GT70).

The_Monk

29.99 is a pretty good deal. What store is it?

It's a physical edition from a local store in here (Portugal) with 2.5€ for shipping. I can give you the link in case you are interested since it's from a different country than you are, probably.

Dammit. I want to stop being greedy. I have over 110€ in my Steam wallet from trading cards and Im unable to use them because Im greedy. GODDAMMIT I NEED HELP!

That's two Dark Souls II copies.

Reckoner

It's a physical edition from a local store in here (Portugal) with 2.5€ for shipping. I can give you the link in case you are interested since it's from a different country than you are, probably.

That's two Dark Souls II copies.

Oh, Monk, I'm from Portugal too. I have you on Steam and everything.

masterkajo

First things first. Thanks, JaseC for the help with South Park yesterday! I gave up and went to bed before I read your post.

Also, Dark Souls II. I am overjoyed. I won Dark Souls during the last summer seal from sullichin (thanks again!!) and it is my most played game on steam right now with over 200 hours.
I will get the sexy physical Black Armor edition for €49.99. When looking at the steam page it says you also get a digital artbook and comic. Is it known yet if you will also get this when you activate your retail copy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
50 euros is the normal price for any new big release on PC. console versions of new releases are 70. Im not defending Scamco or anything but yeah, all these new releases at 40 were, well, shocking to me

edit_ also Monk, not to be a dick, but will that Portugal store fulfil the price? because that sounds like a placeholder price to me before they knew what the actual price would be

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also, is the 25th date official now? didnt Scamco deny it when it started flowing around?

The_Monk

50 euros is the normal price for any new big release on PC. console versions of new releases are 70. Im not defending Scamco or anything but yeah, all these new releases at 40 were, well, shocking to me

edit_ also Monk, not to be a dick, but will that Portugal store fulfil the price? because that sounds like a placeholder price to me before they knew what the actual price would be

They never failed me and they had amazing support in several occasions. I only pre-ordered with them a couple of times but I bought from them many times for me and friends. They even refunded me 10€ once when they found there was another store offering a cheaper versions but there is always a risk, I believe. Either way I never had a issue with them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, Monk, I'm from Portugal too. I have you on Steam and everything.

Would either of you be interested in helping me translate Enhanced Steam to Portuguese? PM me if interested. :)

The recommended system requirements for Dark Souls 2 seem fairly moderate, don't they?
Also increased texture resolution. I like what I see. Will wait gladly for this.

Rhaknar

They never failed me and they had amazing support in several occasions. I only pre-ordered with them a couple of times but I bought from them many times for me and friends. They even refunded me 10€ once when they found there was another store offering a cheaper versions but there is always a risk, I believe. Either way I never had a issue with them.

fair enough, is this a local store? all mine dont even have PC games, is just console stuff (and by console I of course mean Playstation stuff, as you know, since 360 was virtually non existant here, and xbone is ACTUALLY non existant :p)

JaseC

Does "(NA)" mean I can't activate the game if Im not using VPN?

GMG just makes that distinction sometimes for reasons unknown.

Edit: I love that Ubi gives the middle-finger to console DLC exclusivity:
SONY EXCLUSIVE CONTENT:

• 60 min of additional gameplay – 4 exclusive missions

• A unique DedSec White Hat Hacker suit unlocked upon completion of the missions.

• Hacking Boost (Add 1 Battery Slot)

• A deeper knowledge of DedSec, an important faction in the Watch_Dogs universe.

The very same thing (PlayStation-"exclusive" content being rolled into the PC DDE) happened with Black Flag and AssCreed 3.

Rhaknar

Does "(NA)" mean I can't activate the game if Im not using VPN?

says EU for me and price is 40 also (40 euros of course) with coupon. Yay for dollar=euros. Will still buy it from GMG of course, 40 for DS2? yes pls

The_Monk

Would either of you be interested in helping me translate Enhanced Steam to Portuguese? PM me if interested. :)

Let me know how I can help. Remember that there's Portuguese from Portugal (the "official" language) and there's Portuguese from Brazil which is different in some words, accent and spelling. I'm still recovering from my tiring day and it's not even over, PM me so I don't forget, please! ;)

fair enough, is this a local store? all mine dont even have PC games, is just console stuff (and by console I of course mean Playstation stuff, as you know, since 360 was virtually non existant here, and xbone is ACTUALLY non existant :p)

It's local but they are in the North. I'm from "Margem-Sul" but when I order from them and I always get via signed mail in my house. I have my pre-order on amazon.uk this time since I got DS II secured for a decent price but if you need anything I can help you with then by all means let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you on what I can. :)

Have to put some text here:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-FFF77713A55CFE39 - Taken by okayfrog. 5 entrants total.

t1394128452z1.png
Here you go. Enjoy the game, if you can.

FloatOn

having dark souls 2 in my steam library is like a perfectly prepared filet mignon sitting on the dinner table and not being able to eat it.

JaseC

So everything should be fine? No VPN needed?

Well, theoretically Scamco could make an NA-specific sub and lock it to North America, but it's highly unlikely to actually happen; regardless, GMG's labelling isn't indicative of anything.

Rhaknar

Let me know how I can help. Remember that there's Portuguese from Portugal (the "official" language) and there's Portuguese from Brazil which is different in some words, accent and spelling. I'm still recovering from my tiring day and it's not even over, PM me so I don't forget, please! ;)

It's local but they are in the North. I'm from "Margem-Sul" but when I order from them and I always get via signed mail in my house. I have my pre-order on amazon.uk this time since I got DS II secured for a decent price but if you need anything I can help you with then by all means let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you on what I can. :)

nah Ill just get it from GMG for 40. in fact Im gonna do tht right now and not think about it for the next month and a half. feelsgoodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom