• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

Would either of you be interested in helping me translate Enhanced Steam to Portuguese? PM me if interested. :)

Sure. I can help!

As Monk said, there's a difference between the Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal, even with a recent agreement that tried to soften it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let me know how I can help. Remember that there's Portuguese from Portugal (the "official" language) and there's Portuguese from Brazil which is different in some words, accent and spelling. I'm still recovering from my tiring day and it's not even over, PM me so I don't forget, please! ;)

Thanks! I've sent a PM with the details. We have a (mostly) complete Brazilian Portuguese translation already, but not a Portuguese one. It would be a great help.

Sure. I can help!

Thanks as well. PM sent!

The_Monk

having dark souls 2 in my steam library is like a perfectly prepared filet mignon sitting on the dinner table and not being able to eat it.

You once said to me that if I didn't get Dark Souls II in March I would be dead for you. But the game is only getting released in April so I'm very confused now. :(

...In fact I might only get my copy in May if International shipping slows my order!

ngt

Can anyone confirm that South Park bought from Russia using the glitch works fine? I still haven't had a chance to try it.

Grief.exe

Can anyone confirm that South Park bought from Russia using the glitch works fine? I still haven't had a chance to try it.

Many of us went that route and the game works fine. As long as you activated it before Ubisoft closed the hole.

allansm

it only applies to South America and Eastern Europe (so far)

My account is a Brazilian account. I moved to Germany temporarily (for a 2 years stay only) and I do not intend to request a region change from Valve, as the prices in Euros are too expensive. So I still buy games paying Brazilian prices and, until now at least, I can play them here in Germany, despite the warning on the store page. For example, I can play MGR, Thief and South Park (using a USA VPN to unlock the game as it is not available in Germany yet). So, like I said, it seems that games bought in South America are only being region locked regarding gifting and activation, you can still play them anywhere.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Edit: I love that Ubi gives the middle-finger to console DLC exclusivity:

The very same thing (PlayStation-"exclusive" content being rolled into the PC DDE) happened with Black Flag and AssCreed 3.

The "PS exclusive" DLC in Ass Flags was pretty sweet too.

Grief.exe

Year Walk released

5ifOv8t.png

Well, theoretically Scamco could make an NA-specific sub and lock it to North America, but it's highly unlikely to actually happen; regardless, GMG's labelling isn't indicative of anything.

Didn't UBI pull something like that with the RU subs?

I can't risk to buy from GMG in this case, my region doesn't match. I have two options now: Nuuvem or some friendly Gaffer from Brazil (I'm a cheapskate)

FloatOn

You once said to me that if I didn't get Dark Souls II in March I would be dead for you. But the game is only getting released in April so I'm very confused now. :(

...In fact I might only get my copy in May if International shipping slows my order!

"March" = as soon as actually possible

you are good in my book Monk. One of the best.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The "PS exclusive" DLC in Ass Flags was pretty sweet too.

The Aveline missions? I still need to get around to finishing LibHD.

Didn't UBI pull something like that with the RU subs?

I can't risk to buy from GMG in this case, my region doesn't match. I have two options now: Nuuvem or some friendly Gaffer from Brazil (I'm a cheapskate)

Yeah, but that had nothing to do with retail keys, just the Steam Store subs. I'm hoping Watch Dogs will be in a similar situation, but South Park was region-locked from the off (despite a bunch of people over at the Ubi forums arguing otherwise as they were silly enough to buy the actual RU version), so short of someone stuffing up I'll probably have to get the game through a Brazilian.

BruteUA

I just bought Dark Souls 1. Now that I have a real GPU, I might as well see what it is you guys are going nuts over.

Thanks, jerks.

Wanna thank whoever noticed the gta complete set for ~$6 on nuuvem. Been wanting to get those games for the PC for a long time. Now, to go through the hassle of setting up Ginput and set up the widescreen hack. It'll either take 10 minutes or 3 hours, like all PC things do.

JaseC

Join intrepid sailor and recent island castaway Mina as she explores the hidden secrets within the Jules Verne classic inspired Mysterious Island. Gather key articles left from the island’s previous inhabitants and combine them in unique and interesting ways to stay alive and stay hopeful for rescue.

33% off ($6.69 or $10.04 for the 1 & 2 Bundle) for the next week.

JaseC

Are not 2 weekend deals max?

Yes, the spotlight is limited to two games/franchises.

Edit:

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is a turn-based strategy/role-playing game based on the award winning Call of Cthulhu RPG. Set in the midst of World War One, the game pits your team of investigators and soldiers against an ancient enemy, one older than humanity itself...

$4.99.

Backlogger

Sad that Watch Dogs is uPlay only. Why does uPlay have some games on Steam (that still require the uPlay launcher like Far Cry 3), and other games that aren't on Steam at all? Its infuriating. Seems like the exclusivity of certain games on uPlay costs them sales in the long run.

Edit: Edited to make more sense.

Nabs

Yes, the spotlight is limited to two games/franchises.

I've seen three, but the third is usually a Free Weekend along with a discount.

Sad that Watch Dogs is uPlay only. Why does uPlay have some games on Steam (that still require the uPlay launcher like Far Cry 3), and other games that do not? Its infuriating.

Uplay is forced internally. 3rd party devs aren't forced to use it.

Hmm. The Dark Souls II I bought on Steam was ROW and I'm in Canada. I thought that designation was for purchases outside of Canada.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the search on TF2 Outpost. I go to http://www.tf2outpost.com/search, I change the dropdown menu in the middle box to Steam Inventory, type the name of the game I'm looking for in the search field next to that, and hit Search! at the bottom but the results always turn up empty, even for games I know are in active trades.

I don't get it.

PriitV

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the search on TF2 Outpost. I go to http://www.tf2outpost.com/search, I change the dropdown menu in the middle box to Steam Inventory, type the name of the game I'm looking for in the search field next to that, and hit Search! at the bottom but the results always turn up empty, even for games I know are in active trades.

I don't get it.
Click on the game picture that turns up in the results.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, ROW stands for Reverse Osmosis Water, the preferred water filtration and purification method of most of North America and Western Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom