• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is the Black Armor Edition of DSII exclusive to consoles? The steelbook is sooo sexy

Salsa

Well, I can confirm that you can play games that display this warning anywhere (I'm in Germany right now I can play MGR besides of what is said on the store page). I guess this warning must refer to the activation of gifted copies.

it only applies to South America and Eastern Europe (so far)

Is the Black Armor Edition of DSII exclusive to consoles? The steelbook is sooo sexy

Y6jPBgm.jpg

Not in Europe, no idea about NA.

Dark Souls II comes out at a terrible time, last month of a rather busy semester jam packed with exams and assignments. I won't be able to join until mid June at the earliest :(

But then you can pick it up on
a reallly small
sale!

Pretty sure its a console exclusive.

edit : wrong. listen to the Grief.

graywolf323

Yes, I have heard nothing but fantastic things about it. I'm very excited, but to be honest I've heard next to nothing about the game. Which I want to keep until I played it.

But from every mention I've seen of the game, it's been outright praised, and I know in my horror cult circles they call it one of the best horror games on phones.

it's a horror game? *removes from wishlist*

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/learning-to-praise-the-sun/1100-4858/
This article by Patrick Klepek sums up my thoughts on Dark Souls' undeserved reputation for masochistic difficulty that (in addition to not being true) completely overshadows all of the amazing qualities the game has.

I'll read the article later, thank you for linking it.

I know they are. I'm certain he was trying to play it like Skyrim. I'll see if I can convince them on trying it again I probably can. Though it might be a uphill battle, None of them have really been much into the games I like. AKA games that require a little more work to play.

If they like games with instant gratification trying to make them like the same games you like may be a hard battle. D:

I put in my share of hours the PS3 Dark Souls and only recently picked up the PC version just to have it.

Still, I was this close to buying 2 on console. (You can tell how close by the italics.) 10 bucks cheaper on Steam and half of that paid for by selling a Dota 2 courier and a little more in CS:GO boxes, in exchange for a 6 week wait...

Jawmuncher

If they like games with instant gratification trying to make them like the same games you like may be a hard battle. D:

Yeah thinking about it, I can't recall anything they have played that doesn't fall into that category aside from Rogue Legacy. Shame since I still find that some of the best in gaming usually needs some work to get to.

def sim

If I bought that, admittedly, great looking case it'd just go in a drawer after I use the steam code inside it.

I bought the Dark Souls strategy guide because I thought it was pretty. I didn't even open it; I don't use guides!

Hasney

That looks amazing, but I can't have more boxes in my life.

I'd kill for a high res, clean, amazing wallpaper version.

#unlessyoureallywantitandhavenoproblemwithwhatisbeingoferedintheprepurchase

#oryoucanfinditstupidlycheapthenyoudontevenmindgettingagoddamnObsidangame

Tizoc

Is anyone having problems with the Steam iPhone app? I kep trying to see what games and sales are available atm but it's not loading anything.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
#oryoucanfinditstupidlycheapthenyoudontevenmindgettingagoddamnObsidangame

#butiwanttoplaythegamewhenitcomesout #not6monthsfromnow #soimightaswellprepurchaseit #becauseiratherexperiencegamesmyself #thanreadaboutthem

This bad joke has to stop. I know I started it, but it has to stop.

Turfster

#butiwanttoplaythegamewhenitcomesout #not6monthsfromnow #soimightaswellprepurchaseit #becauseiratherexperiencegamesmyself #thanreadaboutthem

This bad joke has to stop. I know I started it, but it has to stop.
#there'snostoppingthistrain.

Krater was added to the groupees scandinavia bundle.

Ethan: Meteor Hunter is the most frustrating game i've played in a while. The Pogo level took me about 30 minutes because of how spongy the controls are. UGHHHHHH.

Levyne

Banned
ibnYVzuHlJXsJ6.PNG

Would I be able to run the PC version of Dark Souls 2?

Easily...

Edit: From the steam page:

(Recommended)
Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD® A8 3870K 3.0GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 6870 or higher

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What's up with this Resident Evil 4 not working with Family Sharing? Me and a bro have to copies we want to share with two of our bros. We have all bought it on previous platforms like 2-3 times, jesus Capcom.

Jawmuncher

What's up with this Resident Evil 4 not working with Family Sharing? Me and a bro have to copies we want to share with two of our bros. We have all bought it on previous platforms like 2-3 times, jesus Capcom.

Might be worth crossing into Steam Community to see if Capcom will answer. Might be an oversight.

Capcom put DRM on their PS3 digital releases to block gamesharing, and they're the only publisher that I know of to do it. They don't want your friends anywhere near your purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom