• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so paranoid of the Dark Souls Steamworks update, because I'm going to lose the save I've been working on for the past year or two. I'm almost 2/3rds of the way done, but I can feel that thing getting closer. I'm at around 40 hours, and have been actively working to wrap it up.

I've set it to not automatically update. That'll buy me some time hopefully, right? I really don't want to lose this years + worth of progress.

--

Speaking of purchases, why will Steam not let me purchase Unholy Heights? I have more than enough in my Steam Wallet, but the transaction just repeatedly fails with no reason and a message to contact steam support.

Seems like a problem on Valve's end, there were more people complaining about the same error.

def sim

damn I missed that :(

That's too bad. I recall many people being generous and giving it away.

Ah ok, they both added unknown apps but why would Dark Souls be in there in the first place though? I know I'm looking into it too much but I'm really hyped for gfwl removal and achievements.

..I'll just go play south park now..

OR WHATS THIS?!

eStateComingSoonNoPreload

Ok ill stop..

I've adjusted my expectation to "sometime within this month." I think Ace Combat comes first for them.

Grief.exe

I'm so paranoid of the Dark Souls Steamworks update, because I'm going to lose the save I've been working on for the past year or two. I'm almost 2/3rds of the way done, but I can feel that thing getting closer. I'm at around 40 hours, and have been actively working to wrap it up.

I've set it to not automatically update. That'll buy me some time hopefully, right? I really don't want to lose this years + worth of progress.

Just back up the save. Someone will figure out how to transfer it over.

I would rather just start over fresh, trade with Gaffers for the weapon achievements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It is!
Should've been 100

That'd clutter up my scalping spreadsheet a little too much. ;) Speaking of, I think I'll e-mail Valve and ask for the Saints Row 4 Child's Play DLC packs to be removed from my inventory and the $9 refunded to my Wallet as it's still available on Amazon and the Humble Store (the whole "limited time only" spiel was a load of bull). Despite the language here:

refundy8fax.jpg

The functionality still isn't present for unused gifts.

JustinBB7

Wait, so Dark Souls is definitely coming to Steamworks then?

I'm holding off until it does.

Grief already found achievements tied to it:

"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_01",
"percent": 41.860466003417969
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_02",
"percent": 31.395349502563477
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_03",
"percent": 29.069766998291016
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_25",
"percent": 25.581396102905273
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_05",
"percent": 24.418603897094727

Grief.exe

Grief already found achievements tied to it:

"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_01",
"percent": 41.860466003417969
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_02",
"percent": 31.395349502563477
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_03",
"percent": 29.069766998291016
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_25",
"percent": 25.581396102905273
},
{
"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_05",
"percent": 24.418603897094727

Those are from Dark Souls II by the way.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Hopefully they find a way to do an official save transfer or something. Otherwise just keep a backup and someone might find a way to do it (like with the Arkham games)

The_Monk

Oh my Buddha, they want me to play Dark Souls all over again. HNNG, okay, set priority updates to "High" on the game properties.

Turfster

Humble Popcap bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Peggle Deluxe
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Bookworm Deluxe
  • Escape Rosecliff Island
  • Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe
TIER 2: 6$
  • Plants vs Zombies GOTY
  • Peggle Nights
  • Zuma's Revenge

Hopefully they find a way to do an official save transfer or something. Otherwise just keep a backup and someone might find a way to do it (like with the Arkham games)

Just back up the save. Someone will figure out how to transfer it over.

I would rather just start over fresh, trade with Gaffers for the weapon achievements.

Good idea. I hadn't followed the post Steamworks release of Batman/Bioshock 2 to see if they figured that out, but I guess if there's any community that'd figure that out, it'd be Dark Souls fans. Gonna get on that! Thanks.

Nabs

Yay. Origin keys.
I don't know why everyone is so eager to buy that game immediately.

There have already been some better deals than what Steam is offering and chances are there will be more in the weeks to come.

Some people have card/hat money just sitting there waiting to be used.

HoosTrax

Note, one Steam key for this:
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe

Another Steam key for these:
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition, Peggle Nights, and Zuma's Revenge

(In case anyone was wondering if they were all separate, individual Steam keys or no.)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Origin keys :/

As much as 8 x 11's earlier comment about playing a review copy of the PC version and recommending it makes me want to buy Year Walk, I should probably wait.

Levyne

Banned
I don't know why everyone is so eager to buy that game immediately.

There have already been some better deals than what Steam is offering and chances are there will be more in the weeks to come.

I'm not going to fret over ~10 dollars. I also had 40 dollars in wallet funds.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If you bought anything from the Gamefly 2k sale last week, check your emails. Just received my Spec-Ops key

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hmm, already have Peggle Deluxe and PvZ, but want Peggle Nights and Bookworm. What to do what to do...

Backlogger

I think I am just going to grab tier 1 for a buck. I already have P vs Z GOTY on Steam and the other games don't interest me enough to pay an extra 5 bucks.

On another note. My brother and I have been using Family Sharing. He bought Bundle Stars bundle yesterday and couldn't add some of the keys to his account because I already had them.

I had to deauthorize his PC from family sharing in order for him to claim the keys. Seemed like a bug, but was wondering if anyone else had heard or experienced similarly?

Turfster

Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead Steam keys for Bundle of the Undead and Build a Meridian 4 bundle available on desura, apparently.
(I missed both bundles, so I can't check)

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble PopCap Bundle -- MB-16BABF01B7574752 - Taken by NingenJanai. 21 entrants total.

t1394134077z1.png

steam keys

edit: this is for the minimum tier only, and it's a bundle link. sorry for confusing post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead Steam keys for Bundle of the Undead and Build a Meridian 4 bundle available on desura, apparently.
(I missed both bundles, so I can't check)

How in the world did I miss both? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom