• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

I don't know why everyone is so eager to buy that game immediately.

There have already been some better deals than what Steam is offering and chances are there will be more in the weeks to come.

I don't have any Amazon credit and can't use GMG. Most other sites don't save me enough for the hassle.

Grief.exe

That Watch Dogs downgrade.

Granted, the good footage is likely from PC and the bad from XBO/PS4.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

Dr Dogg

Nothing feels quite as good as Steam community members funding my purchases.

I find it bizarre that peeps would rather spend $20-$40 on digital dress up stuff and trading cards than buy a new game. Then again TF2 and hats sowed the seeds of madness for some of these people.

I think Dark Souls and being stuck in Lower Undead Burg on my first game is telling me I don't have the video game stones to deal with the sequel anyway.

By the time I get through it, DS2 will probably be in the $10 range anyway.

derExperte

https://www.humblebundle.com/devolver

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Austin High
The Poisoning
One Couch at a Time

Pay $10 or more get all of these items!

Defense Technica
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Cosmic DJ (Debut!)
Good Game (Debut!)
MARS

No idea what half of the stuff is.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
There are rumblings on the Japanese side of the net that the English Vanguard Princess release may have been unauthorized.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, the more people struggle with the Capra Demon, the more I just have to assume I got lucky and glitched him out or something.

I'm not even good at Dark Souls and I beat him in 3 attempts.

Nabs

I've had a go at the Capra Demon about 15 times, get annihilated, so, yes, I know, means it's me not the game and I know that's DS, but, man it's aggravating.

I've played through the game 5 or so times and the Capra Demon is still a dick to face. Kill off the dogs and the fight is a walk in the park.

Dolor

I find it bizarre that peeps would rather spend $20-$40 on digital dress up stuff and trading cards than buy a new game. Then again TF2 and hats sowed the seeds of madness for some of these people.

I'm probably one of those mad people you are referring to because I like collecting the badges. To me, it's just a nice way to collect a memento from games I've played that I like. I like being able to see my profile page and see some kind of keepsake (even if it is digital) of my favorite games.

And ultimately, my limit on gaming is primarily time and not money, so I don't view my purchases of cards as so much of a competition with my purchases of games as a complement of them.

Kind of like if you go on a trip, you might want to buy a souvenir to complement the experience.

I've had a go at the Capra Demon about 15 times, get annihilated, so, yes, I know, means it's me not the game and I know that's DS, but, man it's aggravating.

This exact thing happened to me. Kept getting one-shoted and wasn't fast enough to get around behind him. That's when I put it down for good.

FloatOn

upgrade your claymore. use gold pine resin. kill the dogs first. run to the back and up the stairs for breathing room.

Finally that popcap bundle. My wallet is saved.

Or is it???

vvvvvv

https://www.humblebundle.com/devolver

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Austin High
The Poisoning
One Couch at a Time

Pay $10 or more get all of these items!

Defense Technica
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Cosmic DJ (Debut!)
Good Game (Debut!)
MARS

No idea what half of the stuff is.

Any good games other than DN3d and Shadow Warrior which I already own?

JustinBB7

Man, the more people struggle with the Capra Demon, the more I just have to assume I got lucky and glitched him out or something.

I'm not even good at Dark Souls and I beat him in 3 attempts.

I don't get it either, I never died to him once, and I beat the game 3 times fully, and I'm helping a friend and beat him there as well, and put my summon sign down and killed him a bunch more times. Never died once. Just walk in and block his attacks, I don't see the problem.

The only reason I can think off is that people go in with shitty gear or low levels. And I guess magic classes might have trouble maybe?

Colin.

About time the Popcap bundle appeared. Think I'll just go for the lower tier though, since I already own Plants vs Zombies.

Nabs

I don't get it either, I never died to him once, and I beat the game 3 times fully, and I'm helping a friend and beat him there as well, and put my summon sign down and killed him a bunch more times. Never died once. Just walk in and block his attacks, I don't see the problem.

The only reason I can think off is that people go in with shitty gear or low levels. And I guess magic classes might have trouble maybe?

My characters are basically as squishy as possible, so I get trampled by the dogs every time. I'll usually rock Aural Decoy if I'm running magic.

If you can't survive his initial attack it can be very difficult and time-consuming to work out a different tactic to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom