• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
4xlN0Mx.png

I might have enjoyed it a bit too much.
Holy shit. That requires godlike abilities from what I hear.

Wok

https://www.humblebundle.com/devolver

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Austin High
The Poisoning
One Couch at a Time

Pay $10 or more get all of these items!

Defense Technica
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Cosmic DJ (Debut!)
Good Game (Debut!)
MARS

No idea what half of the stuff is.

I have shared the trailer about GG: The Movie, and the girl is on the cover.

If you can't survive his initial attack it can be very difficult and time-consuming to work out a different tactic to beat him.

Right, so, after I posted, I went in (after having put it down for a while) to see how exactly I was getting destroyed by the Capra Demon.

First hit immediately after walking in the door hits half my life, his second hit takes the next 25%, finished off by another 25%. 3 hits. Fight is over in about 10 seconds. I don't get in a swing. Holding my shield up the whole time.

FWIW, I'm level 26, I have a buffed Hollow Soldier Shield at about +3 and an Axe about +3 as well. The gargoyles weren't much work, this guy seems to be a wall.

And yes, tried the get around him, up the stairs, jump down, etc, I know the pattern, but....well, it's me not you.

Grief.exe

Right, so, after I posted, I went in (after having put it down for a while) to see how exactly I was getting destroyed by the Capra Demon.

First hit immediately after walking in the door hits half my life, his second hit takes the next 25%, finished off by another 25%. 3 hits. Fight is over in about 10 seconds. I don't get in a swing. Holding my shield up the whole time.

FWIW, I'm level 26, I have a buffed Hollow Soldier Shield at about +3 and an Axe about +3 as well. The gargoyles weren't much work, this guy seems to be a wall.

And yes, tried the get around him, up the stairs, jump down, etc, I know the pattern, but....well, it's me not you.

You might want to drop some armor so you can roll faster.

Roll under his first strike, kill dogs, profit.

You can also cheese the battle by killing the dogs, climbing up the stairs onto the far side of the ledge, letting him fall off, then diving onto the top of him.

That Devolver bundle.. hmm..

That new Cosmic DJ game looks kind of fantastic, but *holy cow* does that MARS movie look atrocious. It's like they took the jankiest parts of the rotoscoping programs they used to rotoscope Waking Life and turned it into an ugly sort of "low-color" "cel-shader" filter.

FloatOn

katherine heigel boobs redeems the over abundance of ronan avatars in this thread.

2 hours until I get to have more adventures in the new vegas wasteland.

FloatOn

immediately roll as soon as he jumps in. while you roll you are unable to get hit. use this to your advantage. I would recommend getting a weapon up to +5 at least at this point. which you can then make do even more damage with gold pine resin.

I'm not sure what type of endurance you have at this point but seeing as how you are using a 100% physical damage reduction shield I would say that you don't have enough. The main thing is at all costs is to roll under his big both arms attacking at once move.

also, capra is only really needed if you want to go to the depths and the top of blight town. if you have the master key you can avoid all of that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Should we buy many copies of it before it's getting removed?

I don't know, but according to the blog summary I'm reading, no one has had contact with the creator of the game for over a year, and he kind of disappeared from the Internet around summer of 2011. Not only that, but people are pointing out that although the game was made in "Fighter Maker," this eigoManga group has failed to credit Enterbrain, and most likely does not even have a license for "Fighter Maker," which makes this an illegal distribution of a game using the engine.

yuraya

Dark Souls 2 nearly 2 months away and its already number 2 in best sellers. So many 2's. Stuff like this should be celebrated and other Japanese studios/publishers need to release certain games on PC as well and not just consoles.

*cough Konami cough Ground Zeroes cough"

Steam Client Beta Update - Mar 6

We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General
Fix SteamGuard UI problem preventing login in rare configurations

Big Picture
Fixed a bug in Web browser where big pages would be erroneously clamped.
Fixed UI for pre-loading games

In-Home Streaming Beta
Audio is now muted when the client is minimized
Implemented controller support for Euro Truck Simulator 2, Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2
Fixed bandwidth estimation at the beginning of the stream and during loading screens
Fixed FPS reporting for loading screens in D3D11 games

Steam Music Beta
Simplifying Library Setup
Crawling Drives should work now on Windows
Putting API in place for the next SteamWorks SDK update

I don't know, but according to the blog summary I'm reading, no one has had contact with the creator of the game for over a year, and he kind of disappeared from the Internet around summer of 2011. Not only that, but people are pointing out that although the game was made in "Fighter Maker," this eigoManga group has failed to credit Enterbrain, and most likely does not even have a license for "Fighter Maker," which makes this an illegal distribution of a game using the engine.

What a mess. I thought they had permision from original creator.

Dark Souls 2 nearly 2 months away and its already number 2 in best sellers. So many 2's. Stuff like this should be celebrated and other Japanese studios/publishers need to release certain games on PC as well and not just consoles.

Dark Souls is at the top, even above South Park when I look at the top sellers in Steam.

Amazing.
And yes, Japanese developers should take note.

By the way: do not go to the community hub if you want to avoid headaches. Some threads/posts there...

In my case I was a Deprived warrior that used a lowly club (+3 maybe?) and shield, though I don't recall my SL. I was shut down in the first 10 seconds in 90% of my attempts. I found getting past the dogs and then defeating them was the hardest part in my case. As I recall, that was one of the few bosses that I defeated with, like, 10% of my health remaining (I generally don't survive when at less then half health.). I think fast-rolling/dodging was also integral to my victory.

My biggest regret for that part of the game is not understanding/being afraid of using kindling. Would have been a fair bit easier with a kindled bonfire...

My advice would be. 1) keep at it, 2) take a break, and 3) try a different approach, no matter how small a change it may seem to be.

Dr Dogg

I'm probably one of those mad people you are referring to because I like collecting the badges. To me, it's just a nice way to collect a memento from games I've played that I like. I like being able to see my profile page and see some kind of keepsake (even if it is digital) of my favorite games.

And ultimately, my limit on gaming is primarily time and not money, so I don't view my purchases of cards as so much of a competition with my purchases of games as a complement of them.

Kind of like if you go on a trip, you might want to buy a souvenir to complement the experience.

Hahaha nah dude you're not that mad (well I hope not). I some times dabble in the card market now and then if the prices is right but some folks spending redonclious sums on DOTA 2 stuff does have me perplexed. But fuck it, it's their money and they can do what they want with it. Who am I to judge.

Ok, I see.

I was hoping to see other shops offer the Black Armor edition.

Well their site does say you get "the Steam Black Armour Edition". So short of getting a SteelBook and physical soundtrack the contents would be the same. You actually get more fluff, albeit digital, with the Steam preorder (also on GMG) than the European physical BAE release.

Thanks, guys. Knowing that Demon can be a whore to beat (or easy, maybe, for some) I'll keep trying to knock him out. Maybe change up my gear, level my endurance, etc.

I have no master key, so, I believe I have to get through him to continue on...

aku:jiki

So what happens if the game does get taken down? I've never experienced a delisting on Steam. Does it stay on the owner's profile and stuff or is it just evaporated from the entire service?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what happens if the game does get taken down? I've never experienced a delisting on Steam. Does it stay on the owner's profile and stuff or is it just evaporated from the entire service?

It's very consumer-friendly. Everything still works, it remains in the account of anyone who still purchased it, you can delete and redownload, and unredeemed gift copies or keys in the wild will all continue to work. Similar to XBLA except there's more of an after-market because lots of copies are in the wild because of Steam's gifting features.

Why is that suprising? PC version was announced today. Let's see what legs it has.

Man, the more people struggle with the Capra Demon, the more I just have to assume I got lucky and glitched him out or something.

I'm not even good at Dark Souls and I beat him in 3 attempts.

I beat O&S in three attempts, but I can still recognize how it could be a hard fight.

Capra Demon is easy on its own. However, if you don't already know to expect it and if you try to go right after going through the wall of light, you can very easily get pinned by the dogs and get stun-locked to death. It wasn't until my fifth attempt that didn't get stuck and decided to run up the stairs, in turn making the fight a cakewalk.

I've found planning out attacks and having good spatial awareness is more useful than pure combat skill in this game.

Tellaerin

Did they say people don't have a working email for him, or just that he's gone dark on messageboards/hasn't been answering his mail? I mean, they may be right, but I don't want to assume that nobody contacted this guy just because some dudes on a messageboard haven't heard from him in awhile. Some people have a nasty habit of assuming the worst in cases like this.

I'm also curious about the license issue. I know that the various versions of RPG Maker allow you to sell games made with the program as part of the terms of the license. I'm assuming that the terms are similar for Fighter Maker, as they're both Enterbrain programs. Does that mean that the publisher needs to purchase a license in addition to the developer, if they're not the same individual? That seems strange, if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom