• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, the capra demon requires a bit of luck (I feel) in getting the dogs out of the way, after that, if you die it's entirely your fault (I mean, it's your fault regardless, but you really have to screw up to die to him on his own)

Melted77

Seems like the Marketplace is a bit screwed as old listings aren't showing up in search. Had to relist some cards and they sold immediately.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So how region locked are the various versions of Dark Souls 2 ? Not too worried since you can get it for around £20 anyway but was curious if they locked it down or not.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Seems like the Marketplace is a bit screwed as old listings aren't showing up in search. Had to relist some cards and they sold immediately.

this is on top of the marketplace page

We're currently working on rebuilding the search index. Older listings may not be shown, but will come back soon. Searching in languages other than English, Russian, and Chinese may temporarily show incomplete results.

Uraizen

Banned
4xlN0Mx.png

I might have enjoyed it a bit too much.

Welcome to the club, son. We have metaphorical shirts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

yuraya

Why is that suprising? PC version was announced today. Let's see what legs it has.

Unless the reviews for the game turn out to be bad I think sales will be good. Heck there is nearly 5k players playing the first Dark Souls right now and that game has been out for some time plus it comes with all the gfwl headaches.

Tizoc

I need to finish up LoS2 by tomorrow, if I keep playing ti for trophies then jump into Yaiba I'd be burned out from Character action gameplay @_@

Thanks, guys. Knowing that Demon can be a whore to beat (or easy, maybe, for some) I'll keep trying to knock him out. Maybe change up my gear, level my endurance, etc.

I have no master key, so, I believe I have to get through him to continue on...

Of course, I say this, then decide to give him another run. This time, I'm hit within about a second and he takes off 90% of my health, and I'm dead within 5 seconds.

Ah well, it was kinda fun, but, I think that's all she wrote on this one for me. Have fun with the sequel. :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a mess. I thought they had permision from original creator.

Even if they did, that doesn't mean they had a license from Enterbrain to distribute a game on the Fighter Maker engine.

Did they say people don't have a working email for him, or just that he's gone dark on messageboards/hasn't been answering his mail? I mean, they may be right, but I don't want to assume that nobody contacted this guy just because some dudes on a messageboard haven't heard from him in awhile. Some people have a nasty habit of assuming the worst in cases like this.

I'm also curious about the license issue. I know that the various versions of RPG Maker allow you to sell games made with the program as part of the terms of the license. I'm assuming that the terms are similar for Fighter Maker, as they're both Enterbrain programs. Does that mean that the publisher needs to purchase a license in addition to the developer, if they're not the same individual? That seems strange, if so.

I'm not really sure about the details, just reporting on what I'm reading from Japanese blogs. It seems like they have sufficient reason to be suspicious of the project.

Zia

I'm only a little bit of the way through as I have a killer migraine, but the PC ver of Year Walk is spectacular. I was afraid it'd lose something without touch, but that hasn't been the case so far, and the additions seem super respectful.

FloatOn

Of course, I say this, then decide to give him another run. This time, I'm hit within about a second and he takes off 90% of my health, and I'm dead within 5 seconds.

Ah well, it was kinda fun, but, I think that's all she wrote on this one for me. Have fun with the sequel. :)

man... this bums me out. Capra is the first real "holy shit dark souls is tough" moments in the game. Once you get past that hump though things get even harder but you have the confidence to press on.

About to purchase DS2 from GMG for 38$. Is it safe for Europeans since it has the "(NA)" on it?

I want to pull the trigger on this, but being in Latin America I rather not risk a possible block because Scamco being Scamco :(

(In theory it should work, it only has the trading flag active so there shouln't be an issue, for now)

Cool! Gyromancer finally got updated!

But there's another problem. My GPU is processing like hundred frames per second and is getting hot and making that whistling noise!

When one thing is fixed, another problem arises! This is why we can't have nice things! *cry*

Anyway, any GPU wiz's here? Is there any way I can make the game go 30fps or 60 so that way my GPU won't work overtime for no reason at all?

But there's another problem. My GPU is processing like hundred frames per second and is getting hot and making that whistling noise!

When one thing is fixed, another problem arises! This is why we can't have nice things! *cry*

Anyway, any GPU wiz's here? Is there any way I can make the game go 30fps or 60 so that way my GPU won't work overtime for no reason at all?
What brand GPU do you have? You could try forcing Vsync in your graphics card's control panel and see if that helps you any. (right-click your desktop and the option for the CP should be there, if you're not sure how to find it.)

Edit: Would anyone happen to know why I can launch Deadly Premonition just fine on my laptop, but on my desktop it crashes immediately upon launch? I'm trying a reinstall right now to see if that helps any, but I dunno. Laptop has an AMD APU, desktop has a GTX 760. So weird. . .

What brand GPU do you have? You could try forcing Vsync in your graphics card's control panel and see if that helps you any. (right-click your desktop and the option for the CP should be there, if you're not sure how to find it.)

Edit: Would anyone happen to know why I can launch Deadly Premonition just fine on my laptop, but on my desktop it crashes immediately upon launch? I'm trying a reinstall right now to see if that helps any, but I dunno.
I did. Still the same problem. :(

AkuMifune

Banned
When a game on my wishlist goes on sale and I still don't know if it's low enough, I really start to wonder if I'm a terrible person.

Alice, I'm still thinking about it.

Relax.MX

Help me with FF7 i just started the second "disc" after the big "spoiler". Im in the city with snow i take the map and the snowboarding table and when I enter the minigame the screen goes black.

GaussTek

So, who wants the Popcap Humble Bundle for Origin? (below $6, includes: Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Humble Popcap Bundle (Origin) -- MB-08C857F0C039D782 - Taken by Evrain

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wonder if Return to Mysterious Island, which was in a bundle a little while ago, will get a Steam key. I've got an old disc copy from years ago and would love to continue jettisoning retail junk.

Evrain

So, who wants the Popcap Humble Bundle for Origin? (below $6, includes: Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe).
Thanks! Been wanting to try Bejeweled (I own the board game. And no, I don't want to remember how I was forced to buy it. And yes, it involved boobies)

Edit: Would anyone happen to know why I can launch Deadly Premonition just fine on my laptop, but on my desktop it crashes immediately upon launch? I'm trying a reinstall right now to see if that helps any, but I dunno. Laptop has an AMD APU, desktop has a GTX 760. So weird. . .

You need to install PhysX again. Just get it from their website and install it. You might also have to make the exe run under Win98 in the compatibility options.

Hanzou

I could have sworn that Resident Evil 5 originally had GFWL. I finally booted it up and I did not have to log in. Was GFWL removed and I just missed that news?

For situations like that I use MSI Afterburner which is a fantastic program for many reasons, but mainly because it can limit any game to 30/60 FPS.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm (warning extremely terrible website)

After some crappy game tried to fry my card with 1000 FPS, I always have it running and limit everything to 60.

I could have sworn that Resident Evil 5 originally had GFWL. I finally booted it up and I did not have to log in. Was GFWL removed and I just missed that news?

It did have GFWL... can you connect to online for mercenaries or co-op?

Per the store page:
To play online, activate an online account using a product key. Limit one account per key. One product key included.

Games for Windows–LIVE System Requirements: Multiplayer play and other LIVE features included at no charge; games may offer additional downloads that may require additional fees. LIVE is not available in all countries, visit www.gamesforwindows.com/live/countries for more information.
Features and system requirements may change without notice. Subject to Terms of Use (at www.gamesforwindows.com/live/termsofuse). Broadband Internet service required (sold separately). Some broadband services may not work with LIVE and performance may vary. Under 13 requires parental consent. See www.gamesforwindows.com/live for full details.

You must accept the enclosed License Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom