• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie5

Finally, Alice for 5€! For some reason Europe has gotten shitty sale on Alice for so long.

Hmm, how are the single player for Medal of Honor and Airborne? Worth playing? Costs only 3,74€ and 2,49€.

Edit:

Nvm, bought them all :)

Garcia

i recommend this order:

king's field iv --> shadow tower: abyss --> demon's souls --> dark souls --> dark souls 2

A very competent suggestion for anyone who wants to understand the underlying design choices being used by FS for 2 decades.

I would add Kings Field 2 (Jap) as a bonus just get the whole picture.

wtf
bugsjpg.png

Miguel81

A very competent suggestion for anyone who wants to understand the underlying design choices being used by FS for 2 decades.

I would add Kings Field 2 (Jap) as a bonus just get the whole picture.

That's my favorite FROM game, and I went through the trouble to play the original as well.

Sine Mora. I would not have bought this game as bullet hell shmups [as I believe you cool kids call them] are all a bit too frenetic for my old man brain. Heh, I was awful at arcade Space Invaders as a teen! However, in a moment of typical generosity I let Hawkie dump this and a bunch of other games and misc inventory crap on me one day when we were chatting. You're welcome Hawkie.
<3 Hawkie

I died predictably early but enjoyed what I played far more than I expected. It's a pretty game and I do like the art design. I can readily see what fans of the genre enjoy about it and will keep it in my inbox to go back to for short bursts of gameplay. I think it's going to take me awhile to learn the ropes but there's enough there to encourage me to put in the effort. The story element I could do without but at least they are kind enough to allow one to fast forward through all that extraneous crap.

Pleasantly surprised.

Next game up!

Seems like Miss Slocombe is here. I hope we'll get a Mr. Humphries too.

That's Mrs Slocombe to you young man.

Incidentally, has anyone seen my pussy?

[That went so far over my head as a child. Such an innocent child, lol. Still that was in the days when the internet was literally science fiction, lol.]

Monaco is amazing in multiplayer, especially if you have someone like duckroll on the team. That moment when you hear that 'oops', you know the stealthy heist is going to turn into a frantic everyone for himself escape attempt.

I'll probably finish it... sometime, but the main story really has 0 interest, because it's such a hot mess, suffering from the AAA theme park ride disease and it's telegraphing its horrible cliché-ness from the start. It was obviously rewritten from 5 wildly different versions and then badly stitched together.

Yes but I wouldn't want to be dead weight :(. Why can't I play offline solo and at least get an idea of how the game works? :/

:/ I hope you got it uber cheap!

Curse you fat fingers and iPad auto correct!

You just want someone to reply "I'm Free!" don't you? Well not on my.. oh wait?

Not really :). I have issues with that character as you might imagine.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The store pages weren't pulled but you'll notice that you can't actually purchase the games.
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted.
I already have them on Steam so I wasn't actively searching for the Add to cart button :p

EDIT: LOL, added Arkham Knight to the wishlist and it shows as "Zeppelin" XD

dani_dc

Thankfully collectors hoover up unwanted collectables off eBay like nobodies business. Might even be able to make the majority of your outlay back by just dumping the pieces you don't want.

That'd be a good way to curb the cost of it, unfortunately my OCD would never allow me to do such a thing without feeling immensely guilty and regretful about selling the statue, so I'll just be keeping it. Got it for 65 pounds which isn't too bad.

Relax.MX

My last post about Dark Souls: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93189703&postcount=10297

I tried again Dark Souls and I do not like, RPGs is perhaps my favorite genre, the high difficulty has always been an encouragement to me, but it just does not give me click when i play it.

There are 3 things:

. 1 - Not my kind of game
. 2 - Is not the time to play it, maybe I need to play other things and then come back.
. 3 - I have bad taste

And now:

Yesterday after a friend told me I was a pinche pendejo and needed to try again, and I went back ... and was incredible definitely an exhilarating experience, in that post I put up 3 Reasons and today and I noticed that none was reason to dislike.

What was it to let me go by the talks of all who talk marvels of this game, I was way too scary, like happened to me the first time I played Amnesia, both spoke to me it was very scary end to predict everything and introduce in an area of comfort.

Now that I went back to start I discovered a lot, the game must discover for itself and dying is how you learn, you must forget the stigma of the other games here is not a matter of statistics, is a form of play, it is not a question of knowing defend, is to know when to attack. It is a matter of being cautious but not fearful.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
According to the page, the game's release date is October 14. Was that announced before? I thought they only said "2014"

And thus the countdown to Arkham Origins GOTY begins. Please be a separate app.

Edit: Fun fact: Arkham Knights' codename was Zeppelin:
The separate GOTYs were due to GFWL, probably Origin's will be like the the Zenimax games :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Why? Sold way too much? ; )

That's part of what has me confused about all of this, was there some error in communication? It's not like the game is selling badly, it's one of the top sellers right now and it's not even prime-time in the US yet when most people get back from work/school. It's just one of the first times I've seen a daily deal go down part of the way through the day, so I guess I'm just really curious. I'm sure it's happened before though.

Garcia

My last post about Dark Souls: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93189703&postcount=10297

And now:

Yesterday after a friend told me I was a pinche pendejo and needed to try again, and I went back ... and was incredible definitely an exhilarating experience, in that post I put up 3 Reasons and today and I noticed that none was reason to dislike.

What was it to let me go by the talks of all who talk marvels of this game, I was way too scary, like happened to me the first time I played Amnesia, both spoke to me it was very scary end to predict everything and introduce in an area of comfort.

Now that I went back to start I discovered a lot, the game must discover for itself and dying is how you learn, you must forget the stigma of the other games here is not a matter of statistics, is a form of play, it is not a question of knowing defend, is to know when to attack. It is a matter of being cautious but not fearful.

The game hits some right spots but also misses many others. It is a fairly competent and refreshing approach to the old-school idea of "find out things on your own". It's good to read you enjoyed the game.

Still, I find myself in the minority of people who completed the game, liked specific sections and battles yet didn't enjoy it as a whole.

catabarez

According to the page, the game's release date is October 14. Was that announced before? I thought they only said "2014"

The separate GOTYs were due to GFWL, probably Origin's will be like the the Zenimax games :p

Yes that has been known.

X05

Yeah, I realise GFWL made game + DLC bundles a headache, but I'm choosing to be optimistic. ;)
You and your game collecting shenanigans <3

Yes that has been known.
Ah, cool, everywhere I read only mentioned the year, and both Arkham Knight topics were long to wade through for a date :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The latest version of Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox (5.9.1) has just been released.

Changes from the previous version include:
  • Added a link on user profiles to their wishlist
  • Added back the achievement section to app pages that Valve mysteriously removed
  • Added sorting options to achievement pages, and the ability to sort by date unlocked
  • Added badge completion and value of card drops to badges page based on avg card price
  • Added badge page sorting options
  • Added Enhanced Steam features to Steam Tag pages
  • Added extended options for DLC checkboxes that are accessible by clicking "Options &#9662;".
  • Added price options to search results pages letting you easily filter results by price
  • Incorporated coupon codes into lowest price data
  • The "Remove" links on the wishlist no longer require the page to reload
  • Added regional pricing to sale pages
  • Fixed a bug in market transaction total caused by change in API by Valve
  • Updated code according to Mozilla's requests
  • Removed header link insertion
  • Removed feature links as they were implemented by Valve
You can download the add on directly from Mozilla or it should update automatically the next time you restart Firefox.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Omerta - City of Gangsters demo. Pretty game. Irritating hold your hand intro with extra irritating talky bits. Quit out of it after only a few minutes which is not a good sign but I would be interested in playing the full game if uber cheap and/or in a bundle at some point.

Oh, you definitely can. It's just a lot more fun in multi ;)

Yeah, AMD rewardsed it.

How? :/

Phew! Just your broken heart [that it's a travesty of a Thief game] and not a broken wallet too then :p.

Tomodachi

They backed off from the sale because it was selling too much? This is too damn ridiculous even for Crapcom.

EDIT: or maybe it was actually intended as tomorrow's daily and Valve screwed up. I tend to jump to conclusions, don't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom