• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A new patch for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE went live this morning (3/7/14) to correct some of the most common issues as reported by internal teams and fans. Including:

- Fixed issue where game would crash when resolution was adjusted at certain points in the game.
- Fixed crash that would occur when no "C Drive" was found. Game no longer crashes, but saved data will not synchronize with Steam Cloud unless there is a "C Drive" on the system.
- Fixed bugs where Armstrong would not drop Repair Nanopaste and would not trigger the final QTE when framerate was set to less than 60fps.

A few bug fixes.

That's... underwhelming, considering the other issues that people have had. Thanks, though.

Grief.exe

From Chroma forums

How do I change screen resolution?
For development reasons the build is currently locked at 720p, that is not our shipping intent but for the sake of performance this is the current state of the game.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
yeah, South Park is amazing

kiiiiinda wish it was a little bit harder tho, even on hardcore
Yeah, thus far there is only one fight SPOILER:
the ManBearPig
that took me a bit of time (but not particularly difficult)

Speaking of, my Pat & Mat stockpile is complete:

fiftyb5oan.jpg

This will prove to be either very wise or very stupid. Time will tell.
Amazing, even if you end up selling them for $1 it'll be profit :)

When my Summer Sale foils are the only ones on the market in 5 years' time, who will be laughing? :p

I'm aiming much higher. Pat & Mat will, indirectly, aid me in finding mankind's last remaining Steam copy of Wheelman.
Me?
I still have ONE foil
At this point I think you'll have a higher chance of finding one of those older Korean Football Manager editions than Wheelman :p

ok tired again of default steam skin

how is metro, pixelvision, etc. these days?
Metro is real nice, it's being updated constantly as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
omg thank you

EDIT: Still unable to view achievements for games I don't own. Dammit, Valve...
EDIT2: Actually, couldn't this be fixed in Enhanced Steam by having the achievements link go to the global achievements rather than the player's personal stats?

This change is already in the latest development build of the Chrome version. It'll make it's way to Firefox in the next version.

In the Chrome dev, it shows your personal achievements if you own the game, and the global stats if you don't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At this point I think you'll have a higher chance of finding one of those older Korean Football Manager editions than Wheelman :p

I'm still um'ing and ah'ing over making a thread about that. Seeing as ROW copies of 2009 and 2010 are still plentiful due to old stock there is a chance that some store in Korea still has them. If only Amazon had a presence in Korea. :(

okayfrog

Banned
This change is already in the latest development build of the Chrome version. It'll make it's way to Firefox in the next version.

In the Chrome dev, it shows your personal achievements if you own the game, and the global stats if you don't.

lol, always one behind
This weekend if I'm not lazy, I'll totally look into switching to Chrome... probably not, though, as I've used Firefox for ten years now and have gotten used to way too much.

Teknoman

A new patch for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE went live this morning (3/7/14) to correct some of the most common issues as reported by internal teams and fans. Including:

- Fixed issue where game would crash when resolution was adjusted at certain points in the game.
- Fixed crash that would occur when no "C Drive" was found. Game no longer crashes, but saved data will not synchronize with Steam Cloud unless there is a "C Drive" on the system.
- Fixed bugs where Armstrong would not drop Repair Nanopaste and would not trigger the final QTE when framerate was set to less than 60fps.

A few bug fixes.

Aww...still no 1080p black bar fix ; ;

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm still um'ing and ah'ing over making a thread about that. Seeing as ROW copies of 2009 and 2010 are still plentiful due to old stock there is a chance that some store in Korea still has them. If only Amazon had a presence in Korea. :(
I'm pretty sure there might be some equivalent to amazon or ebay... maybe there is a GAFer there that could offer a hand?

which one guise
Metro.

Copons

Uuuuuhhh, just playing some TF2. Dropped a supply crate. Is there some use for it or it'll just fill my inventory forever?

Copons

You can probably get 3 cents for it... in about 5 years, when everyone else's 3 cents crate sold.

Super cool!

Immediately after the drop, someone asked me to trade but I was all like "eh no, I'm gonna be rich with this crate"!

Someone wanna trade a crate with some cool hats? :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why the bloody hell wouldn't they just leave it as is if its been on sale for six hours?

Six hours is but a small fraction of the 48 that Dailies run for.

Edit: Following on from yesterday's report that Napoleon: Total War's Mac port is coming to Steam, it seems Empire is following suit:

5 minutes ago Added name – Empire: Total War OSX Comp
5 minutes ago Package was published in the database

Locust

Family Guy and Fast & Furious: Showdown subs had a change done in them.

Weekly deal next week, you heard it here first.

Grief.exe

Achievements for Betrayer

• name": "EJAGA_FindXNotes",
  • "name": "EJAGA_KillXThieves",
  • "name": "EJAGA_FindXPunished",
  • "name": "EJAGA_UnlockXLocations",
  • "name": "EJAGA_FindXClues",
  • "name": "EJAGA_FindXChests",
  • "name": "EJAGA_FindXGraves",
  • "name": "EJAGA_KillXEnemies",
  • "name": "EJAGA_FindAllNotes",
  • "name": "EJAGA_DiscoverAlicesName",