• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

I will recommend everyone to buy Unity of Command. It's on sale as a weeklong, so the sale ends when the store updates on monday.

It is a really good turn based strategy game, I especially love the design.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You and your game collecting shenanigans <3

Speaking of, my Pat & Mat stockpile is complete:

fiftyb5oan.jpg

This will prove to be either very wise or very stupid. Time will tell.

Dr Dogg

yeah, South Park is amazing

kiiiiinda wish it was a little bit harder tho, even on hardcore

Just use low level gear and outfits with no weapon or item strap-ons and it's a wee bit harder. Though some of the later abilities, especially ones that cause bleed damage are stupidly over powered.

Omerta - City of Gangsters demo. Pretty game. Irritating hold your hand intro with extra irritating talky bits. Quit out of it after only a few minutes which is not a good sign but I would be interested in playing the full game if uber cheap and/or in a bundle at some point.

This will blow your mind but the game never changes. It continues to hold your hand and repeat the same objectives over and over again. I played for about 5 hours before saying "screw this" and uninstalling it. Worst game I've ever spent money on, and considering the developers made Tropico very surprising.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

he expects it to get delisted because it's licensed. once it's delisted, he expects to resell his copies for a profit (which is not difficult considering the game cost 0.69). if he can sell for $2.50 a copy he'd make a 5-fold or more profit.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Omerta - City of Gangsters demo. Pretty game. Irritating hold your hand intro with extra irritating talky bits. Quit out of it after only a few minutes which is not a good sign but I would be interested in playing the full game if uber cheap and/or in a bundle at some point.

How? :/

Phew! Just your broken heart [that it's a travesty of a Thief game] and not a broken wallet too then :p.

Thief was one of the choices in the AMD never settle bundles. The bundle is over though.

Salsa

Just use low level gear and outfits with no weapon or item strap-ons and it's a wee bit harder. Though some of the later abilities, especially ones that cause bleed damage are stupidly over powered.

eh, im not big on doing that kinda thing myself on purpose really. game just isnt meant to be challenging

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You and your silly get rich quick schemes! Remember the summer sale foils.

When my Summer Sale foils are the only ones on the market in 5 years' time, who will be laughing? :p

he expects it to get delisted because it's licensed. once it's delisted, he expects to resell his copies for a profit (which is not difficult considering the game cost 0.69). if he can sell for $2.50 a copy he'd make a 5-fold or more profit.

I'm aiming much higher. Pat & Mat will, indirectly, aid me in finding mankind's last remaining Steam copy of Wheelman.

dani_dc

They backed off from the sale because it was selling too much? This is too damn ridiculous even for Crapcom.

EDIT: or maybe it was actually intended as tomorrow's daily and Valve screwed up. I tend to jump to conclusions, don't I?

Considering Capcom has actually pulled off promotions before, I wouldn't be too shocked that they decided to pull this one off for whatever reason, and Valve ended up putting L4D as a quick fix.

Grief.exe

Just sent in a ticket to Steam support about the Splinter Cell: Conviction store page.

It doesn't advertise the game as using Uplay and adding the, 'Uplay,' tag has been banned.

The_Monk

Just sent in a ticket to Steam support about the Splinter Cell: Conviction store page.

It doesn't advertise the game as using Uplay and adding the, 'Uplay,' tag has been banned.

I didn't knew about this, why is that? That would be a useful tag for some people who do not want any extra DRM.

Dr Dogg

eh, im not big on doing that kinda thing myself on purpose really. game just isnt meant to be challenging

I did it more by accident after the end of the first day forgot to swap my
PJ's
over to a better set. Wondered why I was burning through items. Regardless of challenge is still was corking fun both in story and gameplay terms.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Hey SteamGAF,

someone here who can help me out with an uncut copy of L4D 1? Pay with Paypal :)

Grief.exe

I didn't knew about this, why is that? That would be a useful tag for some people who do not want any extra DRM.

The whole store page is very strange.

The only Ubisoft game that doesn't have Uplay somewhere on the page and the only game that doesn't allow Uplay as a tag either.

EDIT: AC2 doesn't have it on the page either but allows you to add the Uplay tag.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are you going to be dropping ES for Firefox? Because I've been using Chrome and, jesus christ, it's super bloated and hogs resources like no other. And that's with only 10 tabs open.

I don't plan on dropping support for Firefox. However, I'm gearing up for a major re-write to make it work with Firefox 29+ (which is currently in beta and breaks a lot of Enhanced Steam functionality)

Backlogger

I missed the news that Hawken was going Free to Play. Not sure if that's good or bad. Kinda cheapens it in my mind, but I guess now I can try it out for free?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I missed the news that Hawken was going Free to Play. Not sure if that's good or bad. Kinda cheapens it in my mind, but I guess now I can try it out for free?

The game was always F2P. It's just that they recently moved it to Steam and only allowed existing accounts or those that bought the DLC to play it until now.

It's always been a F2P game, they just limited it to people who bought item bundle packs when they initially switched over to Steam to stop them from getting swamped with new players right after changing all their matchmaking etc.

Miker

I just got an update for Metal Gear Rising. Anything significant?

A new patch for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE went live this morning (3/7/14) to correct some of the most common issues as reported by internal teams and fans. Including:

- Fixed issue where game would crash when resolution was adjusted at certain points in the game.
- Fixed crash that would occur when no "C Drive" was found. Game no longer crashes, but saved data will not synchronize with Steam Cloud unless there is a "C Drive" on the system.
- Fixed bugs where Armstrong would not drop Repair Nanopaste and would not trigger the final QTE when framerate was set to less than 60fps.

A few bug fixes.

okayfrog

Banned
  • Added back the achievement section to app pages that Valve mysteriously removed

omg thank you

EDIT: Still unable to view achievements for games I don't own. Dammit, Valve...
EDIT2: Actually, couldn't this be fixed in Enhanced Steam by having the achievements link go to the global achievements rather than the player's personal stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom