• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTEmK8U.png

Excellent news!

We tried that. I'm having him uninstall, rename his Steam dir to steam.old and then reinstall it. I figure he can try one game real quick to see if a file is messed up.

Might just be ISP related then. Mine occasionally does that, downloads in small spread out chunks during peak times. I usually just reset the download or restart steam to fix it and if that doesn't help, I just wait till later.

DryvBy

Might just be ISP related then. Mine occasionally does that, downloads in small spread out chunks during peak times. I usually just reset the download or restart steam to fix it and if that doesn't help, I just wait till later.

Gotcha. I've never seen that before and his other downloads are working fine. Just thought it was weird. Thanks for the info.

about dota outpost...they key on the right side of the trade window is what they want for the game? some guy wants 1 songle mann key for walking dead s2? or am i missing something.

Been like this for a few days, since my new OS install. Which is weird because it's worked fine with reinstalls of my OS (Win 7) before.

Whenever I try to connect, it gives me the unable to connect message. Now, I can get at least on Steam temporarily if I type 'run' into my Start menu and then Steam//FlushConfig and then do a restart.

But then I exit Steam and I need to do the entire thing over again.

Another thing, when I *am* on Steam, it shows me the community and store pages like normal, but when I go to a new page, everything Errors as if I was never on the internet in the first place.

My ports are open and fine for Steam.

It's been like this for days. I'm at the end of my rope.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
about dota outpost...they key on the right side of the trade window is what they want for the game? some guy wants 1 songle mann key for walking dead s2? or am i missing something.

that just means he is trading for keys, klick on the button with the three lines in the header to open the info/notes window

zkylon

zkylewd
was looking for new steam skins and oh wow this is like early winamp's homer simpson's brain skins all over again

pic42.png

the homer simpson thing might be only an argentina thing lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
was looking for new steam skins and oh wow this is like early winamp's homer simpson's brain skins all over again

pic42.png

the homer simpson thing might be only an argentina thing lol
Wow, that's incredibly terrible.

Damn, I saw Resident Evil: Revelations was on sale, went to the store to go pick up some wallet cards and when I get back the damn thing is back to regular price...

lol

Garcia

fuck framerate, i can't stand all those pop ups at 60fps.

going 30fps and cranking everything up :<

This is one of the reasons I decided to stay away from PS3 Bioshock's "Unlock Framerate" option. Not only does it make the game look uglier, it ruins the flow with constant spikes whenever you defeat all the enemies on screen.

Lizardus

Hey GAF, looking for your opinion on Asetto Corsa. Is there a better racing sim on steam? What racing wheels are recommended?

fuck framerate, i can't stand all those pop ups at 60fps.

going 30fps and cranking everything up :<
I might just cap it at 30fps myself. The super erratic framerate is driving me nuts. And do I have to force AA externally? I don't see any in-game at all, unless the off-duty Max Payne filter that P enables/disables is supposed to be the AA...

Pffft.

Steam just got back to me.

"Restart your computer and reset your firewall to accept the Steam application."

How - I don't even -

Anteater

This is one of the reasons I decided to stay away from PS3 Bioshock's "Unlock Framerate" option. Not only does it make the game look uglier, it ruins the flow with constant spikes whenever you defeat all the enemies on screen.

yeah not very useful when you're not getting higher framerate in combat

You have the right mindset for this port!

It doesn't even play too well so I may as well just drive around with fancy graphics lol

I might just cap it at 30fps myself. The super erratic framerate is driving me nuts. And do I have to force AA externally? I don't see any in-game at all, unless the off-duty Max Payne filter that P enables/disables is supposed to be the AA...

I think so, there aren't really much options ingame, the icenhancer mod injects fxaa, game looks good with that mod but it's a bit too dark at night. Someone did mention pressing P will enable FXAA with vanilla so yea I think that's it.

Garcia

Oh jeebus! I just discovered that you can unlock the framerate in Vice City. Game now runs at constant 60 FPS. :D

I tried to take some screens but the F12 key won't work? :-/ I can't switch back to the client either with the shift+tab combo. Dafuq?

Oh jeebus! I just discovered that you can unlock the framerate in Vice City. Game now runs at constant 60 FPS. :D

I tried to take some screens but the F12 key won't work? :-/ I can't switch back to the client either with the shift+tab combo. Dafuq?

Rockstar has probably flagged the app to not allow the In-Game Overlay to work.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF, looking for your opinion on Asetto Corsa. Is there a better racing sim on steam? What racing wheels are recommended?

I haven't messed with it yet (I'm waiting for it to move from open beta to a release version), but my friend who is a racing nut seems to be very keen on it even with it being a early release title.

Card Boy

Banned
Okay.

New question.

How do I add people to my Family Plan?

I've already authorized my computer.

I think they both have to be authorized on your computer (and on their computer), at least thats what i did. When they are both authorized then you get the option to request a game. I could be doing it the wrong way but that Steam description is terrible.

Vecks

Wait, what the hell? Revelations is no longer on sale?
Nooooo.
This is what I get for trying to cash in some cards first. ;__;

Garcia

Rockstar has probably flagged the app to not allow the In-Game Overlay to work.

strange,how come?

I'm still trying to find out what could be going on. I saw a couple of screenshots being uploaded less than an hour ago to the community so I'm asking those guys how did they do that.

Also, there's this strange bug that activates once you unlock the framerate. . . For some reason you're not able to reverse while driving a car. >_<

I think they both have to be authorized on your computer (and on their computer), at least thats what i did. When they are both authorized then you get the option to request a game. I could be doing it the wrong way but that Steam description is terrible.

But why can't they just authorize? How does the computer KNOW it's your buddy logged in as you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom