• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
chances rockstar removes gfwl for gta iv?

Take from this what you will:

Well, the GTA4 store page was supposedly recently updated with the following:

Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days’ notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms.

I can't confirm this, though, since Steam's age gate trips up Archive.org's crawler, so it's impossible to see an older state of the page.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I have no idea what to play. I am terrible with procrastination.
Don't play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD unless you like being incredibly disappointed :(

Time zones and regions though
Returning home wasted at 1am is considered quite early here in the River Plate region, most clubs/pubs are practically empty until that time or later.

Oh cool, a booster pack! Let's see what's in it...

TEJBakB.png

Oh. Thanks.

Good thing I just sell all my cards on the marketplace. If I was going for badges I'd be annoyed by the number of times I get 2-3 of the same card in a row.

Also, this is super late, but I won I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream from Hinomura a couple weeks ago and just remembered I forgot to thank him for it >_<. I was actually super pumped to win it - I don't play a lot of adventure games, but this one has been on my radar for a while (before it came to steam or GOG). I have a thing for disturbing stories. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though I did manage to install it on my old-ass linux laptop, which was something of an accomplishment considering it can barely run the steam client.

Well happy birthday to me. I'd buy myself a game on steam but I work in the morning sadly and I'd rather smart and wait for a steam sale.

Anteater

Story? GTA IV is just "CAAZIN LET'S TAKE REVENGE ON THE GUY FROM OLD COUNTRY"

caazin needs to stop asking me to play pool :(

well it takes a lot of rockstar detours into filler characters and more filler characters but i dunno, it worked for me, tho i'd say it's not really too good

again gay tony is 10 times better on that regard

hmm I'll probably jump on gay tony if I get fed up with the game, it's not bad so far, didn't want to download 15gig yet, lol.

this game looks so good tho with mods

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm I'll probably jump on gay tony if I get fed up with the game, it's not bad so far, didn't want to download 15gig yet, lol.

this game looks so good tho with mods

i didn't have much faith going into it since well, it's called ballad of gay tony and i kind of hate rockstar writing but they actually pulled it off

the one gay character from main gta 4 story is also pretty good, at least is less dislakeable than most rockstar characters, so I really wish gta 6 is set on 70s san francisco or something

Here's a little something to give back to the community. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-B37526943CDB1E2A - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-AD070D14E9410D3D
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-BF169852BDD105A6

t1394270928z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished The Walking Dead, Season 2: Episode 1.

I felt like they did a great job of capturing all of the things that made the first series great. I'm planning on playing Episode 2 tomorrow, then the rest as they're released. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the beginning of season 2, but I think it's off to a great start and I can't wait to see what happens.

Sarcasm

well it takes a lot of rockstar detours into filler characters and more filler characters but i dunno, it worked for me, tho i'd say it's not really too good

again gay tony is 10 times better on that regard

not sure about your specific error but gut tells me you should turn off antialiasing :p

Game has black bars on top and bottom of the screen.

Apparently it was a mistake to even be on sale in the first place.
Well I'm thankful to whoever accidentally pressed that button. Now can he or she press the same button for RE6? I wanna round out the collection. :p

Speaking of REvelations: is resident evil.net supposed to be so gorram slow?

Hey guys. What's a foil card?

GOD DAMMIT STEAM! LET ME HAVE A FOIL CARD DROP! A worthwhile one. Not one of those 10 cent foil cards. :mad:

Levyne

Banned
I'd replay Dragon's Dogma on PC. I was a dumbass and beat the game after unlocking all of the paths in Bitterblack Isle but not before beating it, and didn't really want to restart. A shiny new PC release would be motivation to go at it again :)

Echoplx

Having some issues with Enhanced Steam, getting CPU usage spikes and lag on the all games page, seems to be caused by the "Show achievement stats on "All Games" page" setting.

Could someone else see if it happens to them?

JaseC

Having some issues with Enhanced Steam, getting CPU usage spikes and lag on the all games page, seems to be caused by the "Show achievement stats on "All Games" page" setting.

Could someone else see if it happens to them?

There's an increase in CPU usage and page lag while the achievement data is loading but not to the point of being concerning.

Oh cool, a booster pack! Let's see what's in it...

TEJBakB.png

Oh. Thanks.

Good thing I just sell all my cards on the marketplace. If I was going for badges I'd be annoyed by the number of times I get 2-3 of the same card in a row.

Also, this is super late, but I won I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream from Hinomura a couple weeks ago and just remembered I forgot to thank him for it >_<. I was actually super pumped to win it - I don't play a lot of adventure games, but this one has been on my radar for a while (before it came to steam or GOG). I have a thing for disturbing stories. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though I did manage to install it on my old-ass linux laptop, which was something of an accomplishment considering it can barely run the steam client.
Well, you used a Throne Room to Throne Room I guess.
Dominon Joke
Throneroom.jpg

Garcia

Dark Souls 2 Thread update: People claiming that the current console versions of the game look like shit and have constant framerate issues.

Could it be that bad?

Echoplx

There's an increase in CPU usage and page lag while the achievement data is loading but not to the point of being concerning.

It's causing my entire browser to freeze up and everything lags for a few seconds, even just switching tabs. This is on Chrome btw.

In the console there's an error that keeps repeating: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null"

JaseC

It's causing my entire browser to freeze up and everything lags for a few seconds, even just switching tabs. This is on Chrome btw.

In the console there's an error that keeps repeating: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null"

Ah, I checked using Firefox.

Dr Dogg

Dark Souls 2 Thread update: People claiming that the current console versions of the game look like shit and have constant framerate issues.

Could it be that bad?

Compared to the DSfix'ed PC version, PS3 and 360 versions of Dark Souls look like shit and have constant frame rate issues. I'm not that worried (yet).

Copons

For christ sake you people playing South Park would you just STOP sharing your goddamn screenshots on Steam, on Facebook, everywhere?

I don't wanna know FROM YOUR SCREENS, BEFORE EVEN BUYING THE GAME about every single fucking easter egg and fan-only reference and minor characters who make their appearance in the fucking game, and customization possibilities (although RionaaM's chinballs almost made me pull the trigger :D ).

You have basically spoiled a lot of the fun I was supposed to have with this game. Screw you guys.
I'm going home.

_hekk05

Banned
For christ sake you people playing South Park would you just STOP sharing your goddamn screenshots on Steam, on Facebook, everywhere?

I don't wanna know FROM YOUR SCREENS, BEFORE EVEN BUYING THE GAME about every single fucking easter egg and fan-only reference and minor characters who make their appearance in the fucking game, and customization possibilities (although RionaaM's chinballs almost made me pull the trigger :D ).

You have basically spoiled a lot of the fun I was supposed to have with this game. Screw you guys.
I'm going home.

Ha. You could buy the game. Or just not go on facebook or check your activity.

I knew i made the right decision by not investing my time into facebook.

Dr Dogg

That's true.

Well that's not to say it doesn't have issues (I'm not touching that thread until 25th April) but expectations might be higher due to the PC release took Dark Souls a step up. If the impressions are from folks playing a retail release then it might carry weight but if it's just people commenting on streams or from anecdotal evidence from other players I'd just ignore it until release day when far more people have it their hands.

aku:jiki

I just checked out Data Jammers, since I got it in whatever bundle, and I have no idea what just happened. It's some kind of lane racing game that's very stylish and has cool music but it moves so goddamn fast that I have no idea what's going on! I guess I'm supposed to dodge enemies and make them smash into the friendlies but it just moves way too fast for that to make any sense and it doesn't feel like I'm in control of anything I do.

On top of that, I spent 29 minutes on it according to Steam and I beat 2 out of 3 available chapters and got 11/21 achievements. It is only €1.99 even without a sale/bundle so I guess that's okay.

I did get the achievement for ending up in the top 10% of scores on my first attempt at a level, though, so I now crown myself king of SteamGAF and master of all games.
I also have no clue how that happened. Some random shit I didn't notice happened and I got lots of points.

JaseC

Damn , just noticed Substance painter on the sales page and nearly choked on my coke when i saw the price .

Yes. i know it is a 3D painting app .

Speaking of software, I just noticed that Black Ink had its RU base price increased from 1300 Russiabucks to 4000, which more or less brings it in line with that of the US. I knew I should have jumped on it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom