• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame BoneyardBrew never finished this:

88f44089dc91cbb03e86cba6f2cb1b33-d2khwsc.png

Turfster

Think it just depends on what card you got.
Got to anime Foils and sold them for 4 and 5 each. Then I got an anomaly foil that was worth 80 cents, sold that to. I've banked on all those foils within a day.

I have anime foils that haven't sold for almost half a year now, and they're not even listed that high (If you don't believe me, check the listing for Tamagami, for example) =p

Anteater

omg why is the controller movement so slooooow in gta 4 especially vertical movment, and why do i need to tap run to run, why is it so clunky, why is there an auto adjustment to my reticle whenever I'm behind objects, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

YtZXMda.gif

oh god maybe i'll just use keyboard and mouse

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
omg why is the controller movement so slooooow in gta 4 especially vertical movment, and why do i need to tap run to run, why is it so clunky, why is there an auto adjustment to my reticle whenever I'm behind objects, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

YtZXMda.gif

That's the price you pay for Oscar-worthy animation. :p

Knurek

So, is GTA4 the 2006 version of Skyrim?

Jawmuncher

No one should even bothering playing GTA4 on any platform. Stick with the episodes. Both of those are what the original game should have been. GTA4 was 20 hours of itsfuckingnothing.jpg

Also I have to say I have surprisingly been skipping a lot of bundles lately.
I seem to have gotten over the hump of needing to see my library number rise.

Anteater

That's the price you pay for Oscar-worthy animation. :p

For some reason I don't remember gta3 being so bad, lol, it's been so long since I played vice city.

So, is GTA4 the 2006 version of Skyrim?

haha yes, skyrim is actually less clunky, I'm terrified of getting into close combat in gta so I could avoid dying and not having to redo the entire mission of driving/stalking some guy again.

HoosTrax

Is The Dark Eye a German p&p ruleset like D&D? Been noticing a lot of games on Steam recently with the logo. (Chains of Satinav, Realms of Arkania, and also Drakensang is based on it I guess)

Backlogger

I think Bully has the same issue. Must be a Rockstar issue for those ports

_hekk05

Banned
So I managed to get stuck in South Park
at the 'taco bell'. If you shot the truck door close before getting the items inside, you miss out on it forever. Its a +50 frost dmg weapon strapon. Unfortunately, there's an alien probe nearby that can teleport you into the truck, but not out.

Man bleeding is so OP. Im playing as a dot mage.

AHA-Lambda

kind of ot but had to say, seen my first Saoirse Ronan film today, the grand Budapest hotel. great film and she's a good actress :)

JaseC

That's.. 25 euros.. damn :eek: it's 50 euros on steam.

How trustworthy is nuuvem and do you get it straight away or near release?

Nuuvem is an official digital retailer and so it should receive keys around the same time as Amazon, GMG and so on, but that's ultimately up to the publisher; for instance, Nuuvem was handing out MG Rising keys throughout the pre-order period but didn't receive South Park keys until after release.

What is ROW?

It stands for "rest-of-world", which is a blanket term to refer to all territories not covered by region-specific offerings.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is it a grey market key or is it a legit US key?

Nuuvem is an official digital retailer and so it should receive keys around the same time as Amazon, GMG and so on, but that's ultimately up to the publisher; for instance, Nuuvem was handing out MG Rising keys throughout the pre-order period but didn't receive South Park keys until after release.

Some of the page isn't translating correctly....is this safe to buy in the States?

Garcia

So the Nuuvem keys won't be region locked upon release? I'm considering about pre-ordering at that price instead.

JaseC

Some of the page isn't translating correctly....is this safe to buy in the States?

Yes.

So the Nuuvem keys won't be region locked upon release? I'm considering about pre-ordering at that price instead.

Even if for some asinine reason Scamco decides to make a region-locked BR-specific sub closer to release, Nuuvem, as it did with Saints Row 4, would source ROW keys for international customers who had pre-ordered (well, save for those in Japan).

Garcia

Yes.

Even if for some asinine reason Scamco decides to make a region-locked BR-specific sub closer to release, Nuuvem, as it did with Saints Row 4, would source ROW keys for international customers who had pre-ordered (well, save for those in Japan).

Thank you Jase, sounds great. :)

fantomena

Sounds satifsying. Will buy from Nuuvem now. :)

Dark Souls 2 Thread update: People claiming that the current console versions of the game look like shit and have constant framerate issues.

Could it be that bad?

Yes. Yes it could.
Think of it this way -- Demon's Souls had major issues in The Valley of Defilement. These issues were carried forward into Dark Souls in the similar Blighttown area.
This tells me that FROM learned nothing about how to fix their issues from original to "sequel". I hear that the port of the game to x360 (as I believe Dark Souls lead platform was the PS3) was even worse.

So is it possible the game looks like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls (since I didn't notice a huge jump in visual fidelity there) and has the same framerate issues that both of the previous games had? Hell yes.

And this is why I'm happy to wait for what should hopefully be the definitive version of the game on PC at the end of April.

I'm still holding out for that Black Armor Edition to show up somewhere in the states.

I've seen more than a fair share of people who traded the disc only from a PS3/360 steelbook copy (hi, I did it even) in to GS... so if the case really has nothing but artwork, my plan -- if I decide to pursue the steelbook at somepoint in the future) would be to just pick up the shell of a black armour edition on eBay or the GAF B/S/T thread.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Is The Dark Eye a German p&p ruleset like D&D? Been noticing a lot of games on Steam recently with the logo. (Chains of Satinav, Realms of Arkania, and also Drakensang is based on it I guess)

Jep, it's THE German P&P RPG, played it lots with my friends back in the day :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Schwarze_Auge

All Das Schwarze Auge (Dark Eye) games available on Steam:

header_292x136_german.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203830/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243200/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249650/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215630/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12640/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33770/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237550/
(got patched a lot and should be much better now)

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267670/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/270750/

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/270760/

I think that are all... we love our RPGs and Point & Click Adventures :p

JustinBB7

Yes.

Wait so Deepsilver gave them regionlocked keys right before it came out? And they gave people Row keys anyway? Basically losing money then right if they have to buy row keys for people..

Garcia

One Way Heroics is addicting and I've just scratched the surface of it.

Welcome! It only gets better the more you play it.

Yes. Yes it could.
Think of it this way -- Demon's Souls had major issues in The Valley of Defilement. These issues were carried forward into Dark Souls in the similar Blighttown area.
This tells me that FROM learned nothing about how to fix their issues from original to "sequel". I hear that the port of the game to x360 (as I believe Dark Souls lead platform was the PS3) was even worse.

So is it possible the game looks like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls (since I didn't notice a huge jump in visual fidelity there) and has the same framerate issues that both of the previous games had? Hell yes.

And this is why I'm happy to wait for what should hopefully be the definitive version of the game on PC at the end of April.

I'm honestly going to wait as well until the PC version gets released. It's not only cheaper but also the best bet by a long mile.

I feel bad for those who played an overhauled console demo only to be surprised by a downgrade of what they thought they were gonna get. Fuck Bamco (and every other developer) for pulling that shit to this very day.

Turfster

Wait so Deepsilver gave them regionlocked keys right before it came out? And they gave people Row keys anyway? Basically losing money then right if they have to buy row keys for people..

One would hope Deepsilver replaced the keys at no extra cost. Otherwise, they would be even bigger money-grubbing asses than they already are =p

Garcia

Do they say it's worse than Demon's Souls and DS1? Their image quality was already subpar and DS1's framerate tanked badly in certain parts.

People who played the demo back at Comic Con claim that the difference between the final release and the one they saw before is like night and day. Lower resolution and textures, lighting is pratically gone, watered down areas and many other issues that are quite evident in the final build.

This would only explain the review embargo for the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom