• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought Left 4 Dead 2 yesterday but it also gave me a "Left 4 Dead 2 Beta" in my games list, should I just erase that one?

You can hide it away in a junk category as it isn't necessary but you can't actually remove it from your library.

Pachimari

You can hide it away in a junk category as it isn't necessary but you can't actually remove it from your library.

Okay, super dumb question, but I added it to a Junk category but can't find the category anywhere and it's still in my general games library.

Edit:
Oh, it just groups together the games..

So I can't remove it from my games list, because it looks ugly with its grey box sticking out in Grid view.

Okay, super dumb question, but I added it to a Junk category but can't find the category anywhere and it's still in my general games library.

A category won't appear if nothing is in it. I use ZZ-Junk to force it to the bottom of the list as well, means I never have to scroll past it. That and ZZZ-Terrible!

JaseC

So I can't remove it from my games list, because it looks ugly with its grey box sticking out in Grid view.

Valve can only remove games at the package level, not the app level, so unfortunately there's no way to request that the beta be removed from your account without also losing L4D2 proper in the process. That said, CS: Source and TF2 also had beta apps in the past and they were eventually removed, so there's a good chance that L4D2's beta will meet the same fate in due time.

Tellaerin

This may be a silly question (I don't use grid view myself), but can't you assign custom icons for games in grid view? I was under the impression you could do that now. If so, it seems like the easiest answer would be to find or make a custom icon for the game, no?

Pachimari

This may be a silly question (I don't use grid view myself), but can't you assign custom icons for games in grid view? I was under the impression you could do that now. If so, it seems like the easiest answer would be to find or make a custom icon for the game, no?

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

JaseC

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Here are a couple from the grid view thread:

96d7b19dfbec825412d5a252f3310bf62f09694b.png
086246a1ff39ee0112c6ff31f811208f24e90756.jpg

Thought I would finally check out some Loadout this weekend.

10 minutes searching for a game and still nothing(Australia). Guess there goes that idea.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A call-out to KISS, who went the extra mile to provide keys to bundle users. They weren't the ones who distributed the old DRM-free Nosferatsu games to Indie Gala Bundle for their Halloween and Dwarfs bundles, but they got in contact and providing keys for those who bought the game in bundle already.

So keys for those who bought either of those Indie Gala bundles that had it in them, and noting they did work with users and went an extra length to provide them.

Jawmuncher

A call-out to KISS, who went the extra mile to provide keys to bundle users. They weren't the ones who distributed the old DRM-free Nosferatsu games to Indie Gala Bundle for their Halloween and Dwarfs bundles, but they got in contact and providing keys for those who bought the game in bundle already.

So keys for those who bought either of those Indie Gala bundles that had it in them, and noting they did work with users and went an extra length to provide them.

Which halloween bundle are we talking about?
Is it the one with Realms of Haunting?

JaseC

According to my IG profile page the only two items of the Dwarves bundle I own are Nosferatu and the Deadlocked album, which is very weird. I wonder if I'll get a key because it seems I didn't actually buy the bundle.

Which halloween bundle are we talking about?
Is it the one with Realms of Haunting?

http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Gala_Halloween_Mix

Dusk Golem

According to my IG profile page the only two items of the Dwarves bundle I own are Nosferatu and the Deadlocked album, which is very weird. I wonder if I'll get a key because it seems I didn't actually buy the bundle.

http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Gala_Halloween_Mix

It might be a bit late to contact them about it, but Indie Gala was very courteous when I messaged them before about this in a previous active bundle. I had bought one of the recent bundles early (buy in the first 12 hours bundles cheaper thing), the bundle that had Rush Bros, Intersteller Marines, and the like in it, and paid for the amount to get two bundle key sets with it. However, when I got the bundle, it only came with a few of the games and not the whole promised game set. So I emailed their support, and they sent me two new copies of the full bundle and also let me keep my previous only-partial bundle keys.

Dusk Golem

Looks like I got me a free Steam game.

It's an old game, but I've heard good things about it. It's a randomized type game, no graphic settings unfortunately though without modding. It has a really good atmosphere and some funny glitches I hear, though.

Sniper zombie army is hard :(

I thought so at first, but with some friends it gets insanely fun. I also got very good at it in a few hours, kept getting top of the team scores in many of the stages.

JaseC

It might be a bit late to contact them about it, but Indie Gala was very courteous when I messaged them before about this in a previous active bundle. I had bought one of the early bundles to that recent bundle that had Rush Bros, Intersteller Marines, and the boxing game and the like in it, and paid for the amount to get two bundle keys with it. However, when I got the bundle, it only came with a few of the games and not the whole promised key set. So I emailed their support, and they sent me two new copies of the full bundle and also let me keep my previous only-partial bundle keys.

I just looked through my inbox and I don't have a pertinent confirmation e-mail from either IG itself or PayPal, so I definitely didn't buy it. Why the game and album were added to my account, I've no idea, haha.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Hey SteamGAF,

someone here who can help me out with an uncut copy of L4D 1? Pay with Paypal :)

derExperte

Dark Souls 2 Thread update: People claiming that the current console versions of the game look like shit and have constant framerate issues.

Could it be that bad?

Do they say it's worse than Demon's Souls and DS1? Their image quality was already subpar and DS1's framerate tanked badly in certain parts.

beat Bad Hotel,a small tower defense game,the last achievement wasted too much time.
OtksKDP.png

Good job, I need to get back and complete the remaining levels. Fun game.

I have nothing but trust in DS2. I have tried to read that OT thread but it makes my head hurt. People talking tons and tons of lines about the game and then when someone asks how far in the game the person is and the response is always "oh I just glanced the stream" ._.'

Is Black Flag worth 12 keys/$25? Next sale should be summer, right, and it probably won't go lower than 50% by that time?

I have this itch for some AC/exploring and AC3 is not doing it for me!

Evrain

Fellow SteamGAFfers, a little question: exactly, how secure a mail with two steps auth + different and alphanumeric passwords + SteamGuard is?
As of late, I'm getting a few threats too many over Steam from people with low age, large wallets and routine use of russian cheats/hacks providers. And I'm not ready to lose my account just yet...

sprinkles

I am amazed how much Steam must have grown since Christmas. Left4Dead2 was free then and still it is in the top 3 bestselling games right now.

Is Black Flag worth 12 keys/$25? Next sale should be summer, right? And it won't go lower than 50% by that time?

I have this itch for some AC/exploring and AC3 is not doing it for me!

I don't know, AssCreeds go down in price very very fast as they need to get them out before AssCreed 201X

derExperte

ATT: There's a chance I used this key but I'm not sure, so....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eryi's Action -- MB-C486C7FA829B29BA - Taken by Evrain

Duplicate, but no harm done :) Thanks anyway!

Damn, sorry. :( I think I need to start an Excel sheet for all the keys and bundles.

JaseC

Is Black Flag worth 12 keys/$25? Next sale should be summer, right? And it won't go lower than 50% by that time?

It'll likely go on sale at least one more time before the Summer Sale however I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi just repeats the 40% discount seen during the recent publisher sale. As for the game being worth it, that really depends on whether or not you're a fan of the series. A lot of people were quick to laud Black Flag initially due to its relatively fresh approach but the fact of the matter is that the naval aspect of the game is undoubtedly its largest focus and after 25 hours of doing errands you'll end up favouring fast travel over manual travel where possible, at which point you're playing little more than yet another AssCreed as opposed to a "pirate simulator". The modern-day element of the game is delightfully meta, though, if perhaps just a little too thick with self-reference.

I don't know, AssCreeds go down in price very very fast as they need to get them out before AssCreed 201X

AssCreed 3 wasn't 75% off until a year after release.

Jawmuncher

It's an old game, but I've heard good things about it. It's a randomized type game, no graphic settings unfortunately though without modding. It has a really good atmosphere and some funny glitches I hear, though.

Well since all I have is this laptop none of that sounds like an issue to me. Guess i'll throw it on the download over here.

It'll likely go on sale at least one more time before the Summer Sale however I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi just repeats the 40% discount seen during the recent publisher sale. As for the game being worth it, that really depends on whether or not you're a fan of the series. A lot of people were quick to laud Black Flag initially due to its relatively fresh approach but the fact of the matter is that the naval aspect of the game is undoubtedly its largest focus and after 25 hours of doing errands you'll end up favouring fast travel over manual travel where possible, at which point you're playing little more than yet another AssCreed as opposed to a "pirate simulator". The modern-day element of the game is delightfully meta, though, if perhaps just a little too thick with self-reference.

AssCreed 3 wasn't 75% off until a year after release.

I see, thanks JaseC!

I'm not sure if I'd call myself a fan but I really liked AC2 and Brotherhood. The rest is pretty mediocre, honestly. I like the core gameplay, but the story, characters and setting in 1, Revelations and 3 is not interesting enough to keep me motivated.

I'm gonna finish up AC3 and see if I still have the itch for some more :)

This will blow your mind but the game never changes. It continues to hold your hand and repeat the same objectives over and over again. I played for about 5 hours before saying "screw this" and uninstalling it. Worst game I've ever spent money on, and considering the developers made Tropico very surprising.

Ugh.

Thanks for alerting me. That's one less game on the wishlist then! :)

Err... you just do?
There's an online/offline switch, iirc.
(Sorry, I'm not near my Steam pc at the moment)

Not on my copy! :mad:

OMG dats racist!!!1!!! :eek:

Im totally loving One Finger Death Punch :p

NUNCHUCKU!

DO NOT BUTTON MASH!!!

:D

natertots

...okay, that was good. My favorite part has to be Gaben drawn in the Behemoth style giving the thumbs up at the end. xD

I played this game quite a bit on the 360 when it was first released. I can't wait for it to release on Steam. It's such a good game, day 1 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom