• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait so Deepsilver gave them regionlocked keys right before it came out? And they gave people Row keys anyway? Basically losing money then right if they have to buy row keys for people..

Keys aren't bought; they cost nothing to generate/distribute and are virtually limitless in quantity. This is why DD prices and sales are required to be publisher-approved -- they don't see a cent until after someone buys something. The situation may have cost Nuuvem some sales in the form of refunds but the keys themselves wouldn't have cost anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
South Park finished, who says I dont play games on steam
that arent Marvel Heroes
?

awesome game, now bring on Dark Souls 2. In the meantime... well, you know

Levyne

Banned
Speaking of backlogs, my backlog has me looking at finishing DOOM 3. I know lots of people hated it, but I kind of want to finish it for completion's sake before the DOOM 4 beta.

Oh well, maybe I will be surprised and come out liking it.

The Backlog calls!

I was totally set on buying DS2 @ release for 360, but then I realized it requires Xbox Live Gold for invasions + the shitstorm didn't really help, so now I'm considering getting Metal Gear Rising and Black Flag to keep me busy until April 25th.

I'm not sure why I posted this here, but yeah, this is my masterplan.

FloatOn

Spent some time with New Vegas this morning. Once again, I love the story and the writing that goes along with it but the combat is so horrible.

I seriously hope that Fallout 4 either has better combat or has the option of being a total pacifist in the game.

Spent some time with New Vegas this morning. Once again, I love the story and the writing that goes along with it but the combat is so horrible.

I seriously hope that Fallout 4 either has better combat or has the option of being a total pacifist in the game.

What do you dislike about the combat? I thought it was fine. VATS and the crippling mechanic were fun. Plus, Hardcore mode! I wish more games had that sort of thing.

derExperte

People who played the demo back at Comic Con claim that the difference between the final release and the one they saw before is like night and day. Lower resolution and textures, lighting is pratically gone, watered down areas and many other issues that are quite evident in the final build.

This would only explain the review embargo for the consoles.

They probably ran a disguised PC version at CC then.

Daily still Left 4 Dead 2 75% off

And still 45hrs to go. Which doesn't add up.

The fever cam in Peggle is like a gaming orgasm. Time slows down right before you hit that last peg, the camera zooms in and the crowd gasps. Then BAM! Ode to Joy, fireworks, and rainbows. That release of pent up energy is oh, so satisfying.

fantomena

Mercury Steam really thinks players are retarded or handicap. THIS SHIT IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!

61F228BA99194BE8EC288C5F9850548F0832EF22

Twentieth

The fever cam in Peggle is like a gaming orgasm. Time slows down right before you hit that last peg, the camera zooms in and the crowd gasps. Then BAM! Ode to Joy, fireworks, and rainbows. That release of pent up energy is oh, so satisfying.

Peggle is probably more addictive than gambling. Can't wait for 2nd one.

JaseC

It seems Scamco dropped the price of Dark Souls 2 on Steam AU from $89.95 to $71.99. What a kind gesture.

JaseC

Shouldn't they be called Scamdai now or something? Gotta respect their name switcharoo.

"Old habits die hard" and all that. ;)

Edit: I wonder how long it'll be until Watch Dogs shows up on Steam. Here's hoping for a region-free RU sub but I think it's safe to assume that, after what happened with South Park, Ubi will be locking the game down tight from the off.

I was totally set on buying DS2 @ release for 360, but then I realized it requires Xbox Live Gold for invasions + the shitstorm didn't really help, so now I'm considering getting Metal Gear Rising and Black Flag to keep me busy until April 25th.

I'm not sure why I posted this here, but yeah, this is my masterplan.

Well, at least you came to your senses.
Not sure why you would want to buy the console version that was the worst in terms of performance for the previous game in the first place... but hey, not an issue now. And I totally support the idea of playing MGR:R.

Mercury Steam really thinks players are retarded or handicap. THIS SHIT IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!

61F228BA99194BE8EC288C5F9850548F0832EF22

And yet Colin Moriarty still couldn't figure out how to play the game properly.
Have you really played it enough to earn that many "points"?

Soundodger+ is half off for the next week ($3.99 or $4.99 for the game + OST bundle) while Insaniquarium Deluxe is 60% off ($3.99) for the next six days.

Judging from the 48-hour countdown on Clockwork Man's page I assume it's supposed to be the replacement but Valve needing to manually interject yesterday with L4D2 screwed something up.

Thanks, Soundodger+ is on my wishlist... I'll have to consider picking it up.

If only someone would buy my stupid Vanguard Princess foil before it bottoms out.

Dr Dogg

It seems Scamco dropped the price of Dark Souls 2 on Steam AU from $89.95 to $71.99. What a kind gesture.

Well at least it's inline with other PAL territories despite PC having no such distinction. Looking at the different depots there's only 2 versions anyway.

Edit: Well and that's pushing it as the region locked CIS, RU sub contains the same apps but just with purchasing restrictions.

Is there a way to make custom lists instead of just having favorites? Or is that the same as the category option?

One may put games into a bespoke category e.g. "Fuck this shit" for games that you no longer wish to play.

The favourites tag applies irrespective of what category you have games in. If you do not assign the favourites tag to any game then that folder will not show up in your full games list.

Make sense?

JaseC

Well at least it's inline with other PAL territories despite PC having no such distinction. Looking at the different depots there's only 2 versions anyway.

I noticed that there's an RU-specific retail sub with the gifting/trading restriction applied. I sure do wish it were possible to redeem keys as gift copies, Scamco, but alas.

dani_dc

People who played the demo back at Comic Con claim that the difference between the final release and the one they saw before is like night and day. Lower resolution and textures, lighting is pratically gone, watered down areas and many other issues that are quite evident in the final build.

This would only explain the review embargo for the consoles.

This post is enlightening. It puts both versions side to side and the final build looks significantly worse in every regard.

The first video is from the previously released Demo.
2nd. one corresponds to the current console version.

I'm not sure why people are surprised at this point.
Most developers show their games running on PC's during this events or any of the videos/screenshots.
I'm always a bit shocked I see people being amazed by the graphics of games shown in this type of events and then their sub-consequent shock at the downgrades of the final version.

Anteater

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/432649132535174654/61F228BA99194BE8EC288C5F9850548F0832EF22/[IMG][/QUOTE]

they were inspired by the god of war tutorial

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M1gqj4N.jpg

Press O when you see O, pls press x to cancel this box

Lowest common denominator. We drag them kicking and screaming through games apparently.

I'm telling you, it's for the benefit of reviewers who can't figure out how to play the game. :lol

Seriously, go watch the footage of Colin Moriarty play LoS2 at Gamecom. He starts spamming the grab button and even though it's CLEAR AS DAY that he's not in range to grab the enemy, he doesn't really move closer, it just keeps trying the grab like it will magically work for some reason.

FloatOn

What do you dislike about the combat? I thought it was fine. VATS and the crippling mechanic were fun. Plus, Hardcore mode! I wish more games had that sort of thing.

guns feel weightless. shots lack impact (ragdoll exploding body parts don't count)

I basically want the guns to feel like the guns in metro last light.

Pachimari

One may put games into a bespoke category e.g. "Fuck this shit" for games that you no longer wish to play.

The favourites tag applies irrespective of what category you have games in. If you do not assign the favourites tag to any game then that folder will not show up in your full games list.

Make sense?

Yeah, but I just put 2 games in the same category and they don't group together on my games list (view: grid). =/

Dr Dogg

I noticed that there's an RU-specific retail sub with the gifting/trading restriction applied. I sure do wish it were possible to redeem keys as gift copies, Scamco, but alas.

Well I know for sure I'm going to end up with 2 retail copies and I could flip one of them for the price most people are paying for keys and still make a small profit and be left over with physical extras and make a dent into the cost of my CE. If the BAE edition doesn't come to the states I'm sure I tempt Grief with the Steelbook :p.

Well, at least you came to your senses.
Not sure why you would want to buy the console version that was the worst in terms of performance for the previous game in the first place... but hey, not an issue now. And I totally support the idea of playing MGR:R.

Two words: Dark Souls

I also realized playing it on consoles could ruin my first impression (which is vital) so I will gladly wait this time. April 25th isn't too far ahead anyway, and honestly, since DS2 will downright spit on my backlog and tell it to get the fuck out, I see this as an opportunity to finish off some games :)

JustinBB7

I was playing South Park on my TV in big picture mode, when I quit Steam crashed and I don't think it counted my playtime. Is that normal? Why doesn't it live update it? My save file says 12 hours and steam says 9.5. Very annoying because I want the correct times there, specially because I always put them in HLTB..

Grief.exe

I'm telling you, it's for the benefit of reviewers who can't figure out how to play the game. :lol

Seriously, go watch the footage of Colin Moriarty play LoS2 at Gamecom. He starts spamming the grab button and even though it's CLEAR AS DAY that he's not in range to grab the enemy, he doesn't really move closer, it just keeps trying the grab like it will magically work for some reason.

That is one of the reasons I am getting tired of Rev3 games. Between their causal video game knowledge, lack of PC knowledge, lack of classic game knowledge, and Adam's constant soapbox preaching, I just can't stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom