• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

That is one of the reasons I am getting tired of Rev3 games. Between their causal video game knowledge, lack of PC knowledge, lack of classic game knowledge, and Adam's constant soapbox preaching, I just can't stand it.

TotalBiscuit, Angry Joe and CGR are all you need.

legacyzero

Banned
I stick to GAF for all my info. The talking heads of gaming have annoyed me to no end.

0L3Iz4py.jpeg

Levyne

Banned
Yep. GAF OTs (when they aren't being echo chambers), talking to people in various community threads, this thread, twitter. When I watch video review, it's usually a gaffers video. Only use other websites for information like release dates, press releases.

I'm telling you, it's for the benefit of reviewers who can't figure out how to play the game. :lol

Seriously, go watch the footage of Colin Moriarty play LoS2 at Gamecom. He starts spamming the grab button and even though it's CLEAR AS DAY that he's not in range to grab the enemy, he doesn't really move closer, it just keeps trying the grab like it will magically work for some reason.

Ouch!

Yeah, but I just put 2 games in the same category and they don't group together on my games list (view: grid). =/

Do you mean the icon view where you get a picture for each game? EDIT - just checked, yes you do mean that :). I think that defaults to the complete library list whatever one does with categories or the favourite tag :/. That's been my experience anyway. So I invariably always go back to a text list [EDIT - detail view] pretty quickly when I go to the images for games option [EDIT - grid view] as it's just much more convenient to find the listing of the game I'm looking for as I have them in a handful of categories.

Steam Community is playing up for me at the moment but if you add me I can help you out. I'm in Australia but as far as Left 4 Dead is concerned only the sequel is censored here.

Fourth time lucky!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just got through
Titan's Graveyard
(LoS1) and it's such a turd of a stage. :/ Only one where I had to watch a video simply to figure out where I was supposed to go because of the dumb design, and it was funny to see everyone else saying the same in the comments.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just got through
Titan's Graveyard
(LoS1) and it's such a turd of a stage. :/ Only one where I had to watch a video simply to figure out where I was supposed to go because of the dumb design, and it was funny to see everyone else saying the same in the comments.

Yeah, I remember having a lot of issues with that area my first time through. The camera doesn't do a good job of subtly guiding the player towards where he needs to go and some of the environments don't read well (as in they don't look like a place you can go).

I like rev3, but Sessler's GTA V review was so full of pretentious shit, that I got royal ass worms from watching.

I've never liked Sessler and can't understand why anybody actually would.

For reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMhyCwlRQo

In the first minute, he fails the tutorial QTE and then stands there trying to regrab him and just mashes the button so that Gabriel is just whiffing and grabbing air.

It sort of makes me wonder what it would look like if he tried to play MGR:R on one of the harder difficulties. :lol

VoidZero

Banned
He starts spamming the grab button and even though it's CLEAR AS DAY that he's not in range to grab the enemy, he doesn't really move closer, it just keeps trying the grab like it will magically work for some reason.

That's the definition of Insanity right there. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
yea right in the middle of me downloading a game :/

I was playing a game and quit out to take a break. Then I noticed my friends tab was gone so I Exited to see if it would come back and now I can't log back in! Fuck that!
I'm actually experiencing the DRM nightmare.

OH nvm offline mode works just fine without authenticating.

For anyone playing the South Park game who doesn't follow the show, what do you think?

Most of the reviews talk about how fans of the show should get the game, while those who don't like that type of humour should not get it. Haven't seen anything referring to people who don't necessarily follow the show but don't mind the South Park type humour. Is there enough in it for people like me?

Grief.exe

For anyone playing the South Park game who doesn't follow the show, what do you think?

Most of the reviews talk about how fans of the show should get the game, while those who don't like that type of humour should not get it. Haven't seen anything referring to people who don't necessarily follow the show but don't mind the South Park type humour. Is there enough in it for people like me?

I'm not a fan of the show at all and I am enjoying myself, I have seen similar sentiments echoed in the OT.

Arthea

Peggle 2 has to be on any platform known to man, meaning on steam too. right?

I'm not a fan of the show at all and I am enjoying myself, I have seen similar sentiments echoed in the OT.

ya, but it depends, are you not fan as in not following the show, or not fan because you don't like it. Which one is it?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Weird. That almost never happens.
Caution: Subtle sarcasm

For me that statement would actually be true. I experience problems connecting to steam probably less than 10 times a year. If its a more recent issue I guess I just haven't noticed it or it hasn't started to affect me yet.

Copons

Holy shit, is it me that I'm dumb or Dishonored is kinda hard (at normal)?

I've completed the first mission after the tutorial and I've already died dozens of times...

But but but last year I've completed all Mark of the Ninja without killing nor alerting anyone so WHY Dishonored is buttraping me in this rude fashion? T_T

Also thank god modern gaming that makes me always respawn immediately before where I've died!

Reckoner

I've completed the first mission after the tutorial and I've already died dozens of times...

But but but last year I've completed all Mark of the Ninja without killing nor alerting anyone so WHY Dishonored is buttraping me in this rude fashion? T_T

Also thank god modern gaming that makes me always respawn immediately before where I've died!

Save game key shortcuts may help you, but I remember that I died a lot when I started too. Do one more mission and you'll get the hang of the mechanics.

HoosTrax

Took me an hour of fussing around with GFWL and random errors/failed connections/unhelpful error messages, but I finally managed to get my GFWL profile imported into the Steamworks Beta version of Ace Combat.

I guess it was worth it...28 instant achievements unlocked.

Hopefully they'll also offer save game imports for the Steamworks version of Dark Souls 1.

Copons

Save game key shortcuts may help you, but I remember that I died a lot when I started too. Do one more mission and you'll get the hang of the mechanics.

Uh, no, actually the current/default save system is what is "saving" my ass most of the time (except once when it kept respawning me in the middle of a bunch of angry enemies, forcing me to an extreme escape - kinda amazing btw).

But yeah, it's most likely me still learning the huge amount of different possibilities here. I've several skills but I rarely use anything other than the "sixth sense" thingy (probably because it feels comfortable after playing Tomb Raider :D ) and the "dash" thingy but only for platforming and never for stealthing or fighting.

Most of the textures have more detail than I would have expected from a sim game.

As if you need that for a reason to buy it :p

Anyway I noticed 7th Legion on steamdb and was excited for a moment. But a moment later I found out that it is a DLC for Defiance. Are there any good old games coming to steam nowadays instead of goodoldgames?

Reckoner

Uh, no, actually the current/default save system is what is "saving" my ass most of the time (except once when it kept respawning me in the middle of a bunch of angry enemies, forcing me to an extreme escape - kinda amazing btw).

But yeah, it's most likely me still learning the huge amount of different possibilities here. I've several skills but I rarely use anything other than the "sixth sense" thingy (probably because it feels comfortable after playing Tomb Raider :D ) and the "dash" thingy but only for platforming and never for stealthing or fighting.

When I say save game shortcuts, I'm saying clicking on the F5 button and it saves quickly. It's much more convenient than opening the menu.

But yes, I needed some time to adapt to the mechanics of the game. Blink is very useful and I finished the game using it the most.

Turfster

Are you playing psycho, or the right way? ;)
Besides, once you understand the vision cones for the AI, it becomes kinda easy (except for Witches, which has evil placements)

random

Fairy Bloom Freesia is fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Face Noir -- MB-C0F418D35FE714AE - Taken by Divius. 3 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-85F254917F00AAAF - Taken by Jtwo. 4 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-D0DD644642ED2CC4 - Taken by Nabs. 2 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-7EEE530CF06C2C3F - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-1E7D38678970B246 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.

t1394309898z1.png

Reckoner

Are you playing psycho, or the right way? ;)
Besides, once you understand the vision cones for the AI, it becomes kinda easy (except for Witches, which has evil placements)

On the Brigmore Witches DLC it was very enjoyable going through their mansion with blink. I used that thing to be hidden when I stay still and it helped a lot and made the whole thing a lot of fun.

derExperte

Question: A few days ago a site started where you can buy a game but you can also go into a queue and whenever someone else buys the offered game one person gets it for free. Anyone remember?

Fairy Bloom Freesia is fun.

Correct. And it's over shortly after it starts to get boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom