• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

On the Brigmore Witches DLC it was very enjoyable going through their mansion with blink. I used that thing to be hidden when I stay still and it helped a lot and made the whole thing a lot of fun.

Oh yes, Witches was great. They used grouping and path intersection to make stealth much more challenging than in the main game, though.

Haven't played Hawken since early last year. Didn't run that well for me, but had decent fun with it. I recall it being a bit grindy though?

Copons

When I say save game shortcuts, I'm saying clicking on the F5 button and it saves quickly. It's much more convenient than opening the menu.

Yeah, I meant that so far I'm ok with the default autosave system! :)

Are you playing psycho, or the right way? ;)
Besides, once you understand the vision cones for the AI, it becomes kinda easy (except for Witches, which has evil placements)

I'm playing right way with lots of accidental psycho. :D

I guess I'm already confident with vision cones and I know how not being seen, but I always do something idiot alerting everyone and I'm still not that good to be able to escape efficiently, and when it comes to close combat everyone seems to easily kick my ass (those fucking guys in the distillery who breath fire, WTF, they always two-shot me.. :/ ).

Garcia

Eh, they're pretty shitty in real life too.

*chuckle*

Going back to Vice City in a moment. I had forgotten about the sense of humor that game packs and the soundtrack is just soooo good. Very surreal feeling you get while running over people with some Bryan Adams' music playing on the radio.

*chuckle*

Going back to Vice City in a moment. I had forgotten about the sense of humor that game packs and the soundtrack is just soooo good. Very surreal feeling you get while running over people with some Bryan Adams' music playing on the radio.

Don't forget to get Ginput if you are using a gamepad to play it.

If I prepurchase Dark Souls II from GMG, does that mean that I can apply the GMG credits at checkout for DSII or will the credit be applied to my account after I purchase it?

Anteater

gtaiv_2014_03_08_14_0xxuxv.jpg

man this game looks so good

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Good-evening(/morning/afternoon) SteamGAF. :)

Anybody here knows if Shinyloot.com is trustworthy? They've got a pretty good sale for Stick It To The Man going on.

Just purchased my first mechanical keyboard. I got the logitech G710+. I had some best buy reward points and I ended up getting it for $16 dollars. I am loving it so far.
Sad saying goodbye to my G15, though. We have been through a lot together.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks for the quick responses. :)

Copons

You can have to fight those guys?
Did you hurt any of them for some reason? I just walked in there and nobody attacked me ;)

At the beginning of the Overseer Campbell mission (first one after the tutorial) there is a sort of document on the beach right where you dock that talks about one Granny Rags, opening a sidequest. When you find her you see that she's constantly bothered by the distillery gang, and she asks you to kick their asses.
Following the quest line you end up doing some hard stuff, that probably I wouldn't have done, but at the time I wrongly thought this game had clear "right and wrong", so I just assumed that criminals bothering an old woman needed a good old fashioned scold, reason why I'm not the slums favourite guy. :D

Turfster

Ah.
I helped Granny Rags by knocking out all the guys in front of her door without any of them having the time to get alerted, so I was still good with the rest of the gang ;) And yes, there is no black and white in the game, only grey and greyer ;)

Copons

Ah.
I helped Granny Rags by knocking out all the guys in front of her door without any of them having the time to get alerted, so I was still good with the rest of the gang ;) And yes, there is no black and white in the game, only grey and greyer ;)

I confronted those guys directly opening the door (on second thought I could have dispatched them from the roof, but eh, that was the first real fight I got), and their very first attack move was a fire breath! :D

Benedict

*chuckle*

What's surreal about that?

Turfster

I confronted those guys directly opening the door (on second thought I could have dispatched them from the roof, but eh, that was the first real fight I got), and their very first attack move was a fire breath! :D
Taking them out from the roof still alerts them. You basically need to stop time, launch enough tranqs and take the last guy out at the same time

Garcia

What's surreal about that?

Oh, you. . .

Incidentally, I wish I could take some screens of the game. There's some retro eye candy to be found at night with all those neon stands.

The overlay problem still remains; I even contacted support but still haven't gotten a reply.

Whoa, One Finger Death Punch is among the top 20 Top Sellers. Great to see it next to games like Starbound, Thief, Rogue Legacy, and Payday 2. The game deserves all the success, exposure, and attention it gets.

I think Total Biscuit said it best:
"Don't dismiss it because of its graphics style. Don't dismiss it because it looks like a web game.
Play it because it is satisfying and visceral and responsive and skillful and fun to watch and just layered with cool level variety and all sorts of great enemy gimmicks and just pure kung fu experience.
Play it for those reasons."

Just finished Guacamelee. I enjoyed the time I invested in this game, acording to the the last screen it took me 14h 36m 36s to finish the game, well I'm not the fastest player on Earth, but even taking all this time the game never felt like it was dragging, the pace was perfect for me.

I know some people didn't like the reference to memes, albeit they being in only a small part of the game, but it didn't bothered me at all. Each new part I accessed I could spend some time looking for the references to other games and pop culture.

I'm missing 15 achievements but I'm just too lazy to hunt them down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
doit.gif

Thanks for answering the Nuuvem question earlier. Aside from being in Portuguese...it was pretty painless. Can't be $38. Yet anyway.

Yeah, registration can be a small hassle, but navigating around the site is quite easy thanks to the iconography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom