• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
I played Lords of Shadow for an hour and Broken Age for a half hour today, and neither added to my playtime number. Kind of odd.

Also, why is Symphony of the Night not on Steam? Would love to play that game again.

I just preordered Titanfall and I had a surge of regret after I hit the preload button, since I have a feeling that I'll play this for a week and then drop it like I did with Battlefield 3.

you could refund on origin though right?

24 hours after first playing it, but I am going to stick with it and see. It might be a game that I come back to every once in a while.

You may return EA full game digital downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

I don't really refund games though. It has to be really broken in order to get me to refund it. Plus I tend to go back to multiplayer games even if I regretted the purchase initially.

aku:jiki

Checked out Prime World: Defenders since I got it in whatever bundle, and I was really surprised... Why does this game have a god awful score on Metacritic? It's a highly competent tower defense game with perhaps the best graphics I've seen in the genre, decent voice acting too. I like that they threw in card crafting from Hearthstone too, even if it doesn't really make any sense. I'll be playing more of this.

I will not be playing any more of that Bumbledore game. Get outta here with that direct from iOS with zero changes shit.

I'm missing 15 achievements but I'm just too lazy to hunt them down.
If those achievements are related to the challenges and/or the pieces of the Lucha mask, you really should look into them. They have some of the best combat situations and platforming in the game. Especially the lucha mask bits can be pretty lengthy (specifically the Tule Tree one).

HoosTrax

Why does this game have a god awful score on Metacritic? It's a highly competent tower defense game with perhaps the best graphics I've seen in the genre, decent voice acting too.
It's extremely grindy as you get further into the game. The enemy creeps keep scaling up in toughness and you have to grind previous levels over and over to level your own towers to compensate.

The game is also on mobile, which suggests that they took out the IAP from the PC version, but never re-balanced it to eliminate the grind.

If those achievements are related to the challenges and/or the pieces of the Lucha mask, you really should look into them. They have some of the best combat situations and platforming in the game. Especially the lucha mask bits can be pretty lengthy (specifically the Tule Tree one).

Already got all the pieces from the Lucha mask, mostly of the achievements missing are related to the challenges, like finishing a challenges with certain costumes.

A local chilean store posted this on Facebook yesterday. They're probably guessing but whatever, hype +1000

qOhtQmJ.jpg

http://www.todojuegos.cl/Productos/Destacados/Anunciado-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Para-Ps4-Xbox-One-Y-Pc/

aku:jiki

It's extremely grindy as you get further into the game. The enemy creeps keep scaling up in toughness and you have to grind previous levels over and over to level your own towers to compensate.
Yeah, I noticed the grind already and figured it was the remnants of an IAP/F2P type system, which is too bad, but I don't think it brings the game down completely... Not yet at least. Maybe because I got lucky with strong forging cards and made my arrow towers ridiculous after like 3 levels. Either way, 58 feels really harsh when the game is actually great, just gets boring in the long run.

Already got all the pieces from the Lucha mask, mostly of the achievements missing are related to the challenges, like finishing a challenges with certain costumes.
Oh, well as a heads up, I thought those were the kind of "handicap yourself" type achievement that a lot of games have, but the costumes are actually tailored to make those challenges easier. Some of the challenges are annoying, though, I was losing my shit over the one where you can't dodge...

Oh, well as a heads up, I thought those were the kind of "handicap yourself" type achievement that a lot of games have, but the costumes are actually tailored to make those challenges easier. Some of the challenges are annoying, though, I was losing my shit over the one where you can't dodge...

Mostly of the time I was using the Skeleton Luchador costume. The one where you can't dodge is really annoying.

Elija2

For some reason I'm not getting any sound from the Steam overlay in Big Picture mode. The game sound works just fine but I get no sound from Steam Music or the Steam menus. I'm not connected to a TV or anything, I'm just using Big Picture mode on my PC. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm using the beta client but it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem.

EDIT: Hmm, seems to be working fine now.

Tame

Yeah, registration can be a small hassle, but navigating around the site is quite easy thanks to the iconography.

do you need to have a Brazil based email address to register for Nuveem or whatever its called?

tried to create an account earlier in the week with my normal and US based email addresses but both failed. I couldnt read what the notice said that flashed up when i clicked to create the account

Three quick south park questions:
1. Is there a post game for cleanup of quests and collectibles?
2. Can you have multiple playthroughs active? Seems likely, but want to confirm.
3. What's up with the last screen in the sewers? I couldn't see anything, just a giant green blob.

Three quick south park questions:
1. Is there a post game for cleanup of quests and collectibles?
2. Can you have multiple playthroughs active? Seems likely, but want to confirm.
3. What's up with the last screen in the sewers? I couldn't see anything, just a giant green blob.

1. Yes, all but one sidequest is available after the main questline.
2. Not sure
3. That's weird

oipic

do you need to have a Brazil based email address to register for Nuveem or whatever its called?

I created (and have used a few times) an account with a Gmail address, so I don't think there are any restrictions tied to the email address you use.

Garcia

Whoa, One Finger Death Punch is among the top 20 Top Sellers. Great to see it next to games like Starbound, Thief, Rogue Legacy, and Payday 2. The game deserves all the success, exposure, and attention it gets.

I think Total Biscuit said it best:
"Don't dismiss it because of its graphics style. Don't dismiss it because it looks like a web game.
Play it because it is satisfying and visceral and responsive and skillful and fun to watch and just layered with cool level variety and all sorts of great enemy gimmicks and just pure kung fu experience.
Play it for those reasons."

Good impressions. I went to check out some reviews and there's plenty of up votes coming from people who have invested over 10 hours in the game.

I suppose it definitely is worth a look.

HoosTrax

Yeah, I noticed the grind already and figured it was the remnants of an IAP/F2P type system, which is too bad, but I don't think it brings the game down completely... Not yet at least. Maybe because I got lucky with strong forging cards and made my arrow towers ridiculous after like 3 levels. Either way, 58 feels really harsh when the game is actually great, just gets boring in the long run.
Well I mean, to be fair, I did get about 20 hours of it, so it's not like it's a bad value proposition. I just got bored of grinding and couldn't get around to finishing it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is The Wolf Among Us worth it for someone who never read Fables? Is it as good as Telltale's Walking Dead?

I bought it without even knowing what Fables was about and totally loved it. After I finished the first episode I immediately picked up some Fables comics and started reading them, that's how good the game is.

Is The Wolf Among Us worth it for someone who never read Fables? Is it as good as Telltale's Walking Dead?

I find it really good for having not read Fables, I don't quite like it as much as The Walking Dead but it's still really fun and the story is good as well, there is also a good character info section that gives backstory, so it's a little easier to follow who the characters are.

Arthea

I finished Skyborn today.

The game can be safely recommended for anybody who likes old school JRPGs (NES, SNES era), because that exactly what it is. The game is charming, writing is not bad, a story is good. There is this problem with a story, that a game being short, there is not much building of tension before big events, these are just thrown at you like it was in older JRPGs, it diminishes impact of story, and it could be much more better in a more complex game, but that's why I mentioned NES, SNES games, it was like that then too, a story was sum of facts. All characters are likable, what was nice surprise.

Combat is turn based, there are skills, techs and magic, also threat levels. While threat levels at start are essential, later on, when enemies can attack all party, they become more or less irrelevant. There is crafting, but materials are not exactly plentiful, so buying remains main option. Weapons and armour can be further improved by augmentation. Again a game is not complex enough to take advantage of all those systems, unless you decide to 100% a game, then there is arena. I didn't finished arena itself, as that would require quite a lot of grinding, I presume, which I usually don't do. There are some sidequests, not many.
Locations aren't particularly interesting, but better than in Mass Effect trilogy regardless. ;)

All in all it is a nice little game. I think entry price was a bit too steep for it though, but with good discount is worth to play through.

some scs

edited: forgot to mention some problems. F12 quits the game, if you haven't saved, you lose your progress. NPCs sometimes block your path and you have to wait until they move, what can take time. Also there are no maps in a game, so you gotta remember your paths.

I just started ACIV and I had to restart because of a glitch on the very first objective immediately after the opening cutscene... this doesn't bode well.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There is this problem with a story, that a game being short, there is not much building of tension before big events, these are just thrown at you like it was in older JRPGs, it diminishes impact of story, and it could be much more better in a more complex game, but that's why I mentioned NES, SNES games, it was like that then too, a story was sum of facts.

About how long was the game? I'm definitely waiting for a really good sale to buy it, but it does sound really interesting.

mrgone

Those minimum specs for Dark Souls 2 are really weird. Everything they list is, like, low-end gaming laptop level with the exception of the video hardware - the Radeon they list as the minimum (HD 5870) is more than a year newer and massively overpowers the Nvidia counterpart they list with it. I wonder if it's a mistake or there's some gi-fucking-gantic performance issue with the game on AMD cards/drivers. Hopefully it's the former.

Sajjaja

Those minimum specs for Dark Souls 2 are really weird. Everything they list is, like, low-end gaming laptop level with the exception of the video hardware - the Radeon they list as the minimum (HD 5870) is more than a year newer and massively overpowers the Nvidia counterpart they list with it. I wonder if it's a mistake or there's some gi-fucking-gantic performance issue with the game on AMD cards/drivers. Hopefully it's the former.

I think Japanese devs gonna be Japanese devs.

Grief.exe

I'm still hoping they'll be more like Capcom this time around and release an awesome port :p

Capcom did a great job with the RE4 port.

Was it QLOC who handled this one? There are some legitimate issues, but many of them are getting fixed in an upcoming patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom