• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
As a lover of (almost) all thing piratey, I feel like i've landed in Willy Wonka's factory with Assassin's Creed IV. Really feels like a swashbuckler, it's wonderfull.

Heck, it wouldn't suprise me if i'd pull a JaseC and 100% completed this thing. In a couple of years that is, but still. Loving it so far. Such a wonderfull atmosphere. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

For some time now, Leafmore High School has been the setting for unexplained disappearances. In this survival horror game, you take control of a group of 5 American students. With your friends, you try to unravel the mysterious happenings at this unremarkable-looking school. The night will be long and survival not will not be easy...

Two years ago, a group of young teenagers found themselves trapped inside their school. They suffered through the longest night of their lives, chased by abominable creatures created by their principal. Some of them survived that terrible night, while others perished.

$6.99/$9.99 respectively. The bundle can be had for $14.99.

Arthea

Where is my Trails?

iblPfHulezod3Q.gif

Apparently GSM didn't back up my AssCreed LibHD save. Sigh. Fortunately, it's not a big game, so I only lost ~15 hours.

only 15 hours!
it sucks, astonishing how you can take it so calmly, though

JaseC

Apparently GSM didn't back up my AssCreed LibHD save. Sigh. Fortunately, it's not a big game, so I only lost ~15 hours.

JaseC

only 15 hours!
it sucks, astonishing how you can take it so calmly, though

I was going to finish the game off after South Park but now I think I'll just wait until AssCreed 2014 is around the corner. GSM backed up the config file in My Docs but not the actual save, which is buried away in the Ubi Game Launcher folder in Program Files. LibHD was still relatively new when I used GSM to back up my saves so I'd guess that its game database was slightly lacking at the time. I'm just glad I lost 15 hours and not another 96. ;)

Arthea

I was going to finish the game off after South Park but now I think I'll just wait until AssCreed 2015 is around the corner. GSM backed up the config file in My Docs but not the actual save, which is buried away in the Ubi Game Launcher folder in Program Files. LibHD was still relatively new when I used GSM to back up my saves so I'd guess that its game database was slightly lacking at the time. I'm just glad I lost 15 hours and not another 96. ;)

lol
that's so true.
I couldn't possibly have found motivation to replay a game after losing 96 hour save file, even 15 hours seems like a lot to replay to me.

Garcia

Guys, believe SteamGAF's hype! Everyone should play One Finger Death Punch.

It's Bruce Lee meets Jackie Chan + stickmen, deadly weapons, upgrades, crazy combos, finishers and lots of other things. It only lacks laser shooting unicorns to be perfect but since everything else blends together so well, I can forgive that.

Also: 250 stages, 13 modes, and 3 difficulty levels. For OCD's and completionists the challenge is real.

JaseC

Arthea

Aw, no Steam key for Warehouse. :(

I thought it was but apparently the source cited on Wikipedia just mentions that Lionsgate is "actively developing" another film. I can't seem to find any official confirmation that VIII is slated for release in October '15.

you should check some other sims and dlcs, some of them are steam and -80% is great discount, unlikely ever be beaten, especially for dlcs.

How Long To Beat says 10 hours for the main story and 18 hours for completionist, so basically the entire game.

That makes it even worse, poor Jasec

edited: help me to solve this mystery. Yesterday my completion rate on steam was 25% (how exactly steam calculates that? because I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near 25%) and today it's 24%. I haven't bought any new games. How can this be?

Knurek

edited: help me to solve this mystery. Yesterday my completion rate on steam was 25% (how exactly steam calculates that? because I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near 25%) and today it's 24%. I haven't bought any new games. How can this be?

Dark Souls got Steam Achievements? ;)

aku:jiki

you should check some other sims and dlcs, some of them are steam and -80% is great discount, unlikely ever be beaten, especially for dlcs.
Yeah, Gamersgate is apparently having a sims/Hearts of Iron day. Tons of both on sale.

I might've actually played the one about running a ski resort if it had been a Steam key. That and Curling 2012.

Dr Dogg

Looking back over the past few pages *welp*

Seams the Dark Souls II talk and pics are invading this thread as well now. I'm out guys, see you on the 25th April.

JaseC

It seems the only Steam-redeemable Simulators are Professional Farmer 2014 and Farm Sim 2013 Titanium. The former I have already and while I do need the latter 50% isn't steep enough a discount for me to forgo my usual preference of just waiting for a sale on Steam itself.

The figure is derived from the average amount of achievements earned per game; achievement-supporting games you've not played aren't factored into it. I'm guessing it went down because you recently began playing a previously-untouched game that supports achievements.

Arthea

The figure is derived from the average amount of achievements earned per game; achievement-supporting games you've not played aren't factored into it. I'm guessing it went down because you recently began playing a previously-untouched game that supports achievements.

but I wasn't even online since yesterday, and I can't find previously played non achievement game, that got achievements today! Well, I haven't checked all games I've played, to be fair.

Darkroronoa

Bejeweled 3 is SO much fun, i have played some before (and the original years back) but with all those modes its really amazing and addictive.
Its really up there with tetris and solitaire for me for the best "casual" games.

Why is there no tetris on steam? :(

JaseC

but I wasn't even online since yesterday, and I can't find previously played non achievement game, that got achievements today! Well, I haven't checked all games I've played, to be fair.

The other explanation is that some achievements have been added to a game you've played due to DLC.

Arthea

Bejeweled 3 is SO much fun, i have played some before (and the original years back) but with all those modes its really amazing and addictive.
Its really up there with tetris and solitaire for me for the best "casual" games.

Why is there no tetris on steam? :(

Bejeweled 3 is a great game, I'm probably alone at this, but do I like poker mode! I've played tones of that alone, will play again on steam, just can't resist.

There is Lumines, it's not the best Lumines and it never goes on sale, but still it's nice tetris!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/11900/

The other explanation is that some achievements have been added to a game you've played due to DLC.

ya, that's most likely it, haven't thought about it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So if I start playing single player in a game with GFWL using a local profile, will I lose my save if GFWL gets eventually patched out?

I'm asking because I recently got the Dawn of War Collection, but it looks like Relic is planning to remove GFWL judging from some recent steamdb updates

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Backup your save frequently
Will do, Captain.

Heard some pretty nasty shit about dissapearing savefiles. I don't use the cloud though, so i'm not really worried about that, but seeing that i've already encountered a whole load of other "fun" problems and glitches, backuping regularly might be a really great idea.
Couldn't get through the Epilogue due to freezes, after twenty tries I finally got through to the next checkpoint. Had to skip through and watch a cutscene on youtube, though.
That's a pretty huge amount of time, especially for a game that takes around that amount of time and I myself completed almost 100% within eighteen hours, while taking things slow. :/

Kuddo's for staying calm, though. Atleast here, heh.

Tizoc

It's Bruce Lee meets Jackie Chan + stickmen, deadly weapons, upgrades, crazy combos, finishers and lots of other things. It only lacks laser shooting unicorns to be perfect but since everything else blends together so well, I can forgive that.

Also: 250 stages, 13 modes, and 3 difficulty levels. For OCD's and completionists the challenge is real.
150 cheevos too last i checked ;)

I'm into the final lava area, can't have more than 40ish stages left. It's complete lunacy.

Edit: 26 to go

Will do, Captain.

Heard some pretty nasty shit about dissapearing savefiles. I don't use the cloud though, so i'm not really worried about that

Be warned that if you have any problems with the Uplay launcher, and decide to reinstall it (the sensible course of action): uninstalling the launcher will also clear your save files (all of them), so back up your /savegames folder regularly. If you haven't already done so, a Google Drive/Dropbox folder on your desktop isn't a bad way to easily back things like that up :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I know what you're doing (license stuff etc.), but you seriously need help and self control.
nah, not really

he has the money and spending it on this brings him joy

i mean if you ask me it's a waste of money but you know it's not like he's starving his kids or something :p

but really what's with the confusion? is this new to saoirse day or something?

Arthea

Be warned that if you have any problems with the Uplay launcher, and decide to reinstall it (the sensible course of action): uninstalling the launcher will also clear your save files (all of them), so back up your /savegames folder regularly. If you haven't already done so, a Google Drive/Dropbox folder on your desktop isn't a bad way to easily back things like that up :)

that's horrible

Maxwood

Some people collect coins, other collect stamps. JaseC collects Steam games. If your actually crazy enough to play those vidyagames you get a whole lot of bang for your buck, especially compared to stamps. Unless your really crazy about those. I mean, you can sniff them, if thats your thing, so they're not totally useless. Besides looking awesome, for a fan atleast.
:/
Thanks for the warning.

I know what you're doing (license stuff etc.), but you seriously need help and self control.

This is the wrong thread to tell anyone that. We (you inlcuded) are long past the point of rational decions when it comes to buying videogames.

I should really get Lumines. How big is the chance that it'll be removed in the near future? Any licensing stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom