• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
god damn this snow storm mission in gta iv

9a5nxsenkt.gif

10/10 game, one of the top rated games of all time.

aku:jiki

I begin to feel that roguelike is getting overexposed lately. So many games on greenlight are roguelikes.
I feel like the term gets tossed around whenever any game has either permadeath or is an arcadey RPG-lite experience, but actual roguelikes are few and far between. I saw one on Greenlight that looked like it actually was a proper roguelike, so I'm excited for that one.

god damn this snow storm mission in gta iv

9a5nxsenkt.gif
I looked exactly like that 5 minutes ago when I tossed my controller into the air and rage quit Hero Siege. I like that game, for all its faults, but I swear every death is just some bullshit that was impossible to predict or because of one of the game's many flaws. Damn it, I was so sure I was home free for the Nightmare mode completion right there. :(

Tizoc

Seems I have a spare Two Brothers code, I know I didn't use it since I won a giveaway of it from a GAFfer weeks ago.
Anyways getting rid of some of this ish, apologies as they're not all Steam keys...or if the codes don't work, I've had some of these for over a year >_<
If the cognition codes don't work for you, I can PM you Desura keys for them
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Saturday Morning RPG Desura Key -- MB-48D9492FE87C59CB
The 39 Steps -- MB-0E5AEBB4A8706699 - Taken by Waku. 5 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A798C71DE8732682 - Taken by UnrealEck. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner: Flights of the Sage Desura Key -- MB-FF1DCC0ACD2942ED - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Shelter -- MB-934E8D40E1B6185B - Taken by EdmondD. 20 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
99 Levels to Hell Desura Key -- MB-C18699E399E4D891 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Finding Teddy Desura Key -- MB-4E0EEF3B7536E352 - Taken by still
ulgzbKC.png
Pester Desura Key -- MB-5CACF6706D491C55 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-3538E95F3C194613 - Taken by AScotAbroad. 3 entrants total.
Gateways -- MB-2CCF5ACF3C593D0D - Taken by Terra_Ex. 4 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-499F035CDBDBFC42 - Taken by FOX_. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night Desura Key -- MB-8802F1E9DA3A62A3
ulgzbKC.png
One Finger Death Punch Desura Key -- MB-0E0C467332009546 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-DE00FD7D525EE8B9 - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-BCD29D798E14C69B - Taken by Leg-End. 8 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-1C9D977F87A9460F - Taken by Mugatu. 4 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-C98981F4AC81327C - Taken by Japle. 6 entrants total.

t1394547549z1.png

The following are keys I am not sure if they are still active
Pid:
Eador
A Legend of Dawn key if anyone wants to have a +1 to their game count-

Cherry tree high:

my biggest gripe with The Bureau is the lack of customization compared to OG XCOM. You can basically give each sqaddie a gun and a backpack and say go.

no grenades...secondary weapons, etc. Basically, my sniper can destroy anything...but my shotgun guy can't hit anything unless they are 10 feet away.

Other than that...so far, so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
my biggest gripe with The Bureau is the lack of customization compared to OG XCOM. You can basically give each sqaddie a gun and a backpack and say go.

no grenades...secondary weapons, etc. Basically, my sniper can destroy anything...but my shotgun guy can't hit anything unless they are 10 feet away.

Other than that...so far, so good.

Bureau ain't perfect but it's pretty friggin neat.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My Tower Defense Roguelike will surely shatter all sales records.

Better get that shit out before my Pinball/Metroidvania/Tower Defense/Rapelay game. Because once Valve lets it through Greenlight, there won't need to be any other games.

Ban Puncher

I've finished mopping up on all the achievements I could be bothered with in Stick of Truth. I actually finished a game I bought. Such a nostalgic feeling.

Now I guess I'll sit here and twiddle my thumbs until Ground Zeros and Second Son are out next week.

Anteater

yeah, it seems that gta's formula works for a lot of people, most seems to criticize its combat and other technical problems but don't seem to think it's bad enough to get in the way of a perfect score.

I looked exactly like that 5 minutes ago when I tossed my controller into the air and rage quit Hero Siege. I like that game, for all its faults, but I swear every death is just some bullshit that was impossible to predict or because of one of the game's many flaws. Damn it, I was so sure I was home free for the Nightmare mode completion right there. :(

It's been a while since I rage quitted, lol. I think last time I rage quit was killzone 2 pre-patch, felt incredibly awful.

My SteamGAF brothers.

I'm becoming an Hawken evangelist!
Such an awesome game!
So much exploding and menus and shit on your screen at once!

Truly a cool arena shooter!

Oscar worthy script!

I feel like the term gets tossed around whenever any game has either permadeath or is an arcadey RPG-lite experience, but actual roguelikes are few and far between. I saw one on Greenlight that looked like it actually was a proper roguelike, so I'm excited for that one.

I hope it was called "A Proper Roguelike"?

Grief.exe

Hopefully these effects show back up in the PC version.

Looks like lower texture resolution, normal mapping gone, specular highlights gone, pitch black gone.

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

GIF credit goes to zephervack

Jawmuncher

Looks like lower texture resolution, normal mapping gone, specular highlights gone, pitch black gone.

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

Thats a pretty sad downgrade. Since the demo looks so much more morbid and better in atmosphere.

Fewer Tombs of Giants-esque sections means I'll enjoy it more - though that seems entirely contrary to the Dark Souls mentality. I feel like a midpoint between the two gifs would be ideal.

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

Damn!
That's a huge downgrade.

Dark Souls II PC Edition: In Durante we trust.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They probably will, those demos had to be running on PCs.

Yeah, I think the only reason people thought it was running on a PS3 is because there were playstation button prompts.

PC version with console button prompts vs the current conspiracy of, what, they made a totally fake demo then tried recreating it as best they could, all within 2 years? I think I know which one sounds more reasonable.

Grief.exe

did any of yall ever think maybe they changed it because...

they wanted to?

"Hey guys, fuck all that hard work we did implementing specular highlights, those nice textures, dynamic lighting, cool torch effects, torch sconces we placed throughout the level, and the darkness.

Lets just rip all that out a month before release."

Optimization called, From got a little bit over ambitious with the console versions. Just hoping they make a return for the PC version.

"Hey guys, fuck all that hard work we did implementing specular highlights, those nice textures, dynamic lighting, cool torch effects, torch sconces we placed throughout the level, and the darkness.

Lets just rip all that out a month before release."

Optimization called, From got a little bit over ambitious with the console versions. Just hoping they make a return for the PC version.

"hey we found that the game is more fun when we removed this whole torch in the darkness stuff, and maybe added some doors to prevent some other unintended stuff"

"but then people online will think we did it because of consoles!"

"oh noes"

Grief.exe

"hey we found that the game is more fun when we removed this whole torch in the darkness stuff, and maybe added some doors to prevent some other unintended stuff"

"but then people online will think we did it because of consoles!"

"oh noes"

To be fair, the dynamic lighting that is still present in the game, including when the player picks up the torch, causes the frame rate to just tank on consoles.

From likely just minimized the mechanic for optimization purposes, while reducing the other graphical features considerably as well.

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

Who the hell wants the pitch black though. I dread thinking about the tombs of the giants.

Grief.exe

Who the hell wants the pitch black though. I dread thinking about the tombs of the giants.

You pick up a torch so you can see, there are sconces spread throughout the level to spread the fire.

All useless mechanics now.

Effect was actually very cool, tense, and atmospheric if you watch the demo video. Now you can just see all the way to the end of the hallway in the retail version.

From hasn't held the hand of the lowest common denominator in the past, why start now?

You pick up a torch so you can see, there are sconces spread throughout the level to spread the fire.

All useless mechanics now.

Effect was actually very cool, tense, and atmospheric if you watch the demo video. Now you can just see all the way to the end of the hallway in the retail version.

From hasn't held the hand of the lowest common denominator in the past, why start now?

There were very few places were you actually needed to use a torch in DS1. Didn't make the game better or worse.

And most likely, people don't want to give up the shield or secondary weapon for the torch.

The effects might be in the PC release but things like the tessellated archway and darkness as a mechanic feature probably won't be, let down.

Tizoc

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

Wow, the demo looks much better far as atmosphere goes. The darkness in the demo really adds to the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom