• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

OK guys, you got to me with your hype, will install One Finger Death Punch today, even if I already play more than 20 games.

I love that Google knows AssCreed means Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately the same can't be said for BioInf and BioShock Infinite.

BioInf doesn't work solely for reason that there was already bioInf before our BioInf. While AssCreed/AssFlag are unique!

Evrain

Some people collect coins, other collect stamps. JaseC collects Steam games. If your actually crazy enough to play those vidyagames you get a whole lot of bang for your buck, especially compared to stamps. Unless your really crazy about those. I mean, you can sniff them, if thats your thing, so they're not totally useless. Besides looking awesome, for a fan atleast. :/
Thanks for the warning.
I collect stamps, and they're awesome! (TM)

Pachimari

Having used Steam for about a month, I feel it's real hard sticking to ONE game and completing it. Because I always end up playing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. =/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BioInf doesn't work solely for reason that there was already bioInf before our BioInf. While AssCreed/AssFlag are unique!

Priorities, Google!

Sorry folks about my comment about JaseC and his buying games thing. I was simply concerned if he was okay, which it seems like he is.

tumblr_inline_ml0s8laf9o02.gif

yuraya

Having used Steam for about a month, I feel it's real hard sticking to ONE game and completing it. Because I always end up playing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. =/

Sticking to one game at a time is nearly impossible lol. I think best way to do it is to stick to 2 or 3 games at a time and making sure they aren't from the same genre. That seems to be the most manageable way of doing things and gives good chance of completion.

Turfster

Don't open your library. Right-click the steam icon in the tray and pick one of the 5 games you played last, until you're done with them, then reseed the list.

Arthea

Don't open your library. Right-click the steam icon in the tray and pick one of the 5 games you played last, until you're done with them, then reseed the list.

Don't listen to Turfster, it's part of steam fun, staring at hundreds of installed games for hours trying to choose and being unable to (><)

Dolor

Good game.

I think that is a perfectly valid way to do things and is what I do too. Life is too short to force yourself to finish something you aren't that into (especially, when so many games can be had for $1), and if you are finding your mind wandering to other games, that probably means the game you are playing doesn't really interest you.

Install the game you're most interested and set the library to show only installed games. I had to do it to finish games in my backlog, also don't play any 4X or Grand Strategy game otherwise you'll not finish any games.

Arthea

Install the game you're most interested and set the library to show only installed games. I had to do it to finish games in my backlog, also don't play any 4X or Grand Strategy game otherwise you'll not finish any games.

hey, hold on a second, strategy games is reason for installing steam at all!
All others are nice little games inbetween. (><)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I force myself not to launch any other game when I really want to finish a specific one. Like I did with Arkham City and currently with South Park. I reserve the right to play the occasional multiplayer game with a friend, for example Portal 2 this weekend.

I'm trying to do the same on my 3DS, which is why I won't start a new game until I'm done with The World Ends With You. It's hard though, because I really want to play Ace Attorney 5 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star (and maybe start Luigi's Mansion 2 and A Link Between Worlds once and for all).

Sticking to one game at a time is nearly impossible lol. I think best way to do it is to stick to 2 or 3 games at a time and making sure they aren't from the same genre. That seems to be the most manageable way of doing things and gives good chance of completion.
I can't do this, I seriously can't. If I open another game I probably won't come back to the former ever again. Happened with The Witcher, happened with BioShock (I wasn't enjoying it, so it's not too big of a loss; I'd still like to beat it and play Infinite someday), MGS3 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D and many more I can't recall right now.

hey, hold on a second, strategy games is reason for installing steam at all!
All others are nice little games inbetween. (><)

I know! But I feel guilty to be spending money on other games and just play CKII, I decided to give it a break and I finished Guacamelee! Now I'm playing Kotor II and Finding Teddy, so I can finish a shorter game and still have a long game to play that doesn't has the "one more turn" factor sucking all my play time.

JaseC

I'm generally pretty bad at finishing games. Shocking, I know. ;) I posted a list in this thread some months ago of games that I'd started but not finished and if memory serves it was composed of around 60 titles.

Edit: Err, not this thread, but an earlier version of it.

I used to have a free-for-all and about 70 games in my favourites of what I was actively playing. About 3 months ago I changed everything, all the games are categorised by genre, and I try to only have 3 in my favourite at a time. The favourites are my main "playing through the story" games, once they're finished they get chucked in a "Completed" category (Or back in their genre or multiplayer if there's stuff beyond the story). This doesn't stop me playing other games, but it does make me think that if its not in the favourites, it's likely I won't come back to it for a while, so I'm less likely to start up story based stuff, but it doesn't limit me from multiplayer, indie or open ended games. Since its more to make it manageable than a hard rule, I'll also up the favourites occasionally if I know something new I'm going to want to dive right into, for example South Park is currently my 4th favourite as I know I'm going to finish it fairly quickly.

fantomena

Just bought One Finger Death Punch. "Everyone" is buying it, even some of my classmates bought it today. Seems to be a popular little game. Price is perfect.

Man, I suck at Rogue Legacy. Am I correct that this game gets easier as you unlock the upgrades because holy shit this game doesn't mess around.

Volcynika

For One Finger Death Punch, anyone done the Nunchaku battle earlygame? Every time I get to the last enemy, my timing is not fast enough and I mess up somehow. I even hit it as quick as possible, I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Also the achievements seem a bit borked, I got the 10 platinum medals one, but the 10 bronze medals one didn't trigger, which I find a bit odd.

Arthea

Yup. If you're ever interested in purchasing it, though, just realize you will be paying full price as it has never been on sale.

Well Jasec thinks it was on sale back in 2010 or something like that.
But yes, it never goes on sale :(

edited:
this looks like it can be a fun game, also featuring Druids, must have, definitely
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235315910

edit2:
this looks interesting as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236563162
there is some gorgeous concept art in this one.

Terra_Ex

For One Finger Death Punch, anyone done the Nunchaku battle earlygame? Every time I get to the last enemy, my timing is not fast enough and I mess up somehow. I even hit it as quick as possible, I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Also the achievements seem a bit borked, I got the 10 platinum medals one, but the 10 bronze medals one didn't trigger, which I find a bit odd.

You have to get the bronze medals separately, so essentially you'll have to play poorly deliberately to get the bronze achievements (which is stupid).

Volcynika

You have to get the bronze medals separately, so essentially you'll have to play poorly deliberately to get the bronze achievements (which is stupid).

That's. So. Dumbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

The game is great but yeah that's dumb. Now I'll have to figure out how to intentionally get a bronze!

Tizoc

Seems I have a spare Two Brothers code, I know I didn't use it since I won a giveaway of it from a GAFfer weeks ago.
Anyways getting rid of some of this ish, apologies as they're not all Steam keys...or if the codes don't work, I've had some of these for over a year >_<
If the cognition codes don't work for you, I can PM you Desura keys for them
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Saturday Morning RPG Desura Key -- MB-48D9492FE87C59CB
The 39 Steps -- MB-0E5AEBB4A8706699
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A798C71DE8732682
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner: Flights of the Sage Desura Key -- MB-FF1DCC0ACD2942ED
Shelter -- MB-934E8D40E1B6185B
ulgzbKC.png
99 Levels to Hell Desura Key -- MB-C18699E399E4D891
ulgzbKC.png
Finding Teddy Desura Key -- MB-4E0EEF3B7536E352 - Taken by still
ulgzbKC.png
Pester Desura Key -- MB-5CACF6706D491C55
Depths of Peril -- MB-3538E95F3C194613
Gateways -- MB-2CCF5ACF3C593D0D
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-499F035CDBDBFC42
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night Desura Key -- MB-8802F1E9DA3A62A3
ulgzbKC.png
One Finger Death Punch Desura Key -- MB-0E0C467332009546
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-DE00FD7D525EE8B9
Two Brothers -- MB-BCD29D798E14C69B
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-1C9D977F87A9460F
Driftmoon -- MB-C98981F4AC81327C

t1394547549z1.png

The following are keys I am not sure if they are still active
Pid:
Eador
A Legend of Dawn key if anyone wants to have a +1 to their game count-

Cherry tree high:

JaseC

Pls Dark Souls steamworks/sale today or tomorrow for midweek! Need to buy it for friends and get dem acheivementsss

You'd need to visit an alternate universe for that to happen. ;) Dark Souls doesn't even have a secondary build branch yet, just the regular "public" branch that all games have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom