• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the daily anime release

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

header.jpg

It was in the Indie Royale Debut Bundle 7, so I hope there'll be keys.

Pls Dark Souls steamworks/sale today or tomorrow for midweek! Need to buy it for friends and get dem acheivementsss

I was going to ask if it was live/confirmed... but apparently JaseC brought the sad news that there wasn't even a dev branch yet.
You, sir, are a charlatan. :p

Time for the daily anime release

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

header.jpg

It was in the Indie Royale Debut Bundle 7, so I hope there'll be keys.

I'm hoping so too.... I just saw TheGrimHeaper "owns" this now... I was thinking maybe the IR keys showed up.

Hopefully these effects show back up in the PC version.

Looks like lower texture resolution, normal mapping gone, specular highlights gone, pitch black gone.

DEMO
iLZ1kstU2es6F.gif

RETAIL
ibkZtvMaMXLJHR.gif

GIF credit goes to zephervack

The backlash will be... unearthly... if the PC version looks like the console versions.
Those GIFs tell a story of a game I want to play and a game I don't want to play.
You can guess which is which.

LOL what makes people think the PC version will be any different from the console versions in terms of lightning?

I'm hoping the delay in release is because of them doing it right and not just dumping the final console build.

I have some vague memories of versions of games being close but having differences like this, however knowing how lazy developers are these days and how everything is cost cutting and maximizing profit, I fear for the worst here and it kind of makes me start to regret my pre-order.

Turfster

Daily Grim Dawn 33% off

Weeklong
  • Crysis 66%
  • Crysis 2 Maximum 66%
  • Dead Space 66%
  • Dead Space 2 66%
  • Chrome + Specforce 75%
  • Sonic 4 Episode I 75%
  • Sonic 4 Episode II 75%
  • Ducati World Championship 75%
  • Music Maker 33%
  • Agricultural Simulator 2011 80%
  • Gas Guzzlers eXtreme 60%
  • Kinetic Void 50%
  • Painkiller Hell & Damnation 75%
  • Dysfunctional Systems 80%
  • Earthworm Jim 2 66%
  • Earthworm Jim 3D 66%
  • Starpoint Gemini 66%
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 33%
  • Race The Sun 50%
  • Super Sanctum TD 90%
  • WBM Tycoon 75%50%
  • Narco Terror 80%
  • Sugar Cube 75%
  • Larva Mortis 90%
  • Fireburst 75%
  • The Night of the The Rabbit 50%
  • Speedrunners 50%
  • Steam Marines 25%
  • Walking Dead Survival Instinct 75%
  • Rush Bros 80%
  • Death to Spies 75%
  • The Undergarden %

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grim Dawn as a daily, and Act II just got released.

Might be time to pick this up.

New weeklong deals page is sexy.

And works with Enhanced Steam without me having to make a change. :)

The backlash will be... unearthly... if the PC version looks like the console versions.
Those GIFs tell a story of a game I want to play and a game I don't want to play.
You can guess which is which.

There's more to the changes than just graffic downgrading, which is being discussed in the (mostly) spoiler free thread. Putting it in spoilers for those who are trying to be in total blackout mode but
in specific, the constant pitch black was looked at negatively by a huge number of beta testers, who cited it as being more of an unnecessary bother than any sort of compelling mechanic.
That's a very broad and basic statement on it, but I put it here with hopes that the comparison gifs don't shoot your hopes too far down.

I've fully committed to getting it on PC, either way. Durante Souls 2 can't come soon enough.

Wow, Paper Sorcerer is really good! Just wish I could find the audio options as the music is a little loud.

Also, every time I find a cool RPG or otherwise long-ish game that doesn't have Steam Cloud support, I cry a little :(

Why is it that some games can be pre-ordered and some can't? I want to get Towerfall and Luftrausers. Towerfall comes out tomrorow, but I can't buy it yet, and Luftrausers doesn't come out until the 18th and I can already buy it. Doesn't make any sense!

Grief.exe

Why is it that some games can be pre-ordered and some can't? I want to get Towerfall and Luftrausers. Towerfall comes out tomrorow, but I can't buy it yet, and Luftrausers doesn't come out until the 18th and I can already buy it. Doesn't make any sense!

Its all set up by the developer, they didn't configure the store page for pre-orders.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EA deals again, eh?

So when is the public make up kiss going to come?

Hopefully when EA releases Dragon Age II, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A reminder that The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is cheaper -- yes, cheaper -- on Steam AU ($4.98). I'm about to hit the hay but I'll be able to help people out in several hours' time.

HoosTrax

Ugh, are we going to rehash and cycle through a subset of the same old EA catalogue every week now.

edit: I spelled catalog as "catalogue"...did my autocomplete go British all of a sudden or did I have a mental lapse. Maybe too much Downton Abbey.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
muthafuckin costume quest 2

get yo apple bobbin' on

I'm surprised they're partnering with Majesco (or Midnight City) to release it. I wonder what the deal is like. Are they partially funding the game? Is that only on consoles and Double Fine will get all other platforms?

It's only really surprising because they've made it a point to keep everything lately.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm surprised they're partnering with Majesco (or Midnight City) to release it. I wonder what the deal is like. Are they partially funding the game? Is that only on consoles and Double Fine will get all other platforms?

I think Double Fine will retain the IP and Majesco will likely just handle distribution and sourcing devkits for the consoles and stuff. I get the impression Midnight City is not really a full service publishing operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom