• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

EA are confused wherever they should release DS3, ME3 etc.on Steam or just continue being origin greedy and not gain all that Steambucks.

grief.gif

I want to formally thank jshackles for helping me make $20 selling Steam trading cards this past week using the "sort by highest value cards" button in Enhanced Steam. Gonna drop a donation in the bucket when I get paid next.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Double Fine will retain the IP and Majesco will likely just handle distribution and sourcing devkits for the consoles and stuff. I get the impression Midnight City is not really a full service publishing operation.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Totes gonna buy Costume Quest 2 day 1. The first game had some amazing writing.

The first game had a sense of whimsy about it that just isn't in any other modern game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I want to formally thank jshackles for helping me make $20 selling Steam trading cards this past week using the "sort by highest value cards" button in Enhanced Steam. Gonna drop a donation in the bucket when I get paid next.

No problem. Glad you find that helpful! :)

I gotta keep idling, I have about $60 worth of cards waiting to be dropped!

There's more to the changes than just graffic downgrading, which is being discussed in the (mostly) spoiler free thread. Putting it in spoilers for those who are trying to be in total blackout mode but
in specific, the constant pitch black was looked at negatively by a huge number of beta testers, who cited it as being more of an unnecessary bother than any sort of compelling mechanic.
That's a very broad and basic statement on it, but I put it here with hopes that the comparison gifs don't shoot your hopes too far down.

I've fully committed to getting it on PC, either way. Durante Souls 2 can't come soon enough.

Oh, I don't need total pitch black, but that comment JaseC made about the console version apparently being released on the PS2 doesn't seem far off looking at those gifs. The downgrade is ridiculous, it seems... I really hope the game looks and runs more like the demo on PC.

And works with Enhanced Steam without me having to make a change. :)

Random:
Not sure if you saw my steam message, but I've had to stop using ES 5.9 on Chrome because I cannot deal with the market page with it enabled. The market page just freezes and then I get a white screen. :(

Costume Quest 2 announced and a wild weeklong deal? Today is pretty good!

Costume Quest 2 was released last week.
It's called South Park: Stick of Truth...

$12.49 for Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? That's a licensed game...

It was already $4 in Australia. :p

Hopefully when EA releases Dragon Age II, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on Steam.

I'd buy them all again.

I have no idea.

Probably shame.

Terra_Ex

Paper Sorcerer Steam key for £1

Probably an error, Euro version of the bundle has a minimum payment of €4

Managed to snag it for £1, thanks.

EA deals again, eh?

So when is the public make up kiss going to come?
It's quite astounding that EA have yet to realise they're throwing sales away by keeping their titles off Steam simply because people don't want their collection spread across multiple services. If Mass Effect 3 had been on steam (with all dlc and without and Origin/bioware points bullshit) I'd have rebought the whole trilogy a long time ago.

And looking at the Dark Souls 2 shots, I'm glad I held off on preordering and can wait and see how the PC version turns out. Originally decided to wait and see as I'm expecting another expansion dlc scenario to occur regardless of what the devs say but those visual compromises... yeah.

jshackles

Random:
Not sure if you saw my steam message, but I've had to stop using ES 5.9 on Chrome because I cannot deal with the market page with it enabled. The market page just freezes and then I get a white screen. :(

Was it just on the market "home page"? Or was it doing that in search pages / individual listing pages as well? About how many transactions do you have in the Steam marketplace?

One thing you can try is unchecking "Show transaction summary on Market" in the options, and see if that helps.

Was it just on the market "home page"? Or was it doing that in search pages / individual listing pages as well? About how many transactions do you have in the Steam marketplace?

One thing you can try is unchecking "Show transaction summary on Market" in the options, and see if that helps.

I'm down to 38 active listings.
Right now, the problem isn't happening after I re-enabled, but the "market history" is stuck in loading... state.

jshackles

I'm down to 38 active listings.
Right now, the problem isn't happening after I re-enabled, but the "market history" is stuck in loading... state.

Looks like Valve's API server is running really slow this morning. For example I have about 1,000 transactions in the market (not active, but historical) and it took me about 45 seconds to get the numbers just now.

EDIT: Could also be my server which is doing it's usual slowdown from 10am - 11am when about 100,000 people access it concurrently. The Enhanced Steam API server takes the numbers from Steam's API server and converts them into your local currency.

garath

So how about Grim dawn guys? Any positive impressions? I liked Titan's Quest a lot. I like the $20 price tag for it on the daily sale but I gotta wonder when the game is finally going to come out. I don't like playing these things early access. I tend to burn it out before it's even complete.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
New Bundle Stars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-2

Includes One Finger Death Punch :p

* One Finger Death Punch
* Paranormal
* Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
* Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
* Hexcells
* Adventures of Shuggy
* Critical Mass
* CreaVures

mhhh, i think i have all of them already...

Btw, Hexcells is a really nice puzzle game, a mix between Minesweeper and Picross
Tiny & Big is great too!

Dolor

Hopefully when EA releases Dragon Age II, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on Steam.

This would be a good day.

All with Steamworks functionality.

This would be a better day.

All told, doesn't seem like we are missing much.

This is the real answer. I would be curious to see if we could find an active gamer who actually believes that there isn't enough content on Steam... EA certainly isn't necessary, and I find most of the big publishers to be almost superfluous at this point.

Unless you're like me and absolutely refuse to purchase games on Origin, but would still like to play them some day.

predatorarnoldgreeting.gif

jshackles

This is the real answer. I would be curious to see if we could find an active gamer who actually believes that there isn't enough content on Steam... EA certainly isn't necessary, and I find most of the big publishers to be almost superfluous at this point.

I specifically singled out Dragon Age II, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 as EA games I would like to see on Steam simply because I already own the other games in the franchise on Steam. I suppose The Sims 4 might also fit into this category (though I have no interest in this game whatsoever).

Dolor

I specifically singled out Dragon Age II, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 as EA games I would like to see on Steam simply because I already own the other games in the franchise on Steam. I suppose The Sims 4 might also fit into this category (though I have no interest in this game whatsoever).

I'm not disagreeing with you. More options is clearly better for Steam including EA games, but I think it's striking how much Steam continues to grow even with one of the top 3 publishers dropping out.

Garcia

New Bundle Stars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-2

Includes One Finger Death Punch :p

* One Finger Death Punch
* Paranormal
* Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
* Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
* Hexcells
* Adventures of Shuggy
* Critical Mass
* CreaVures

mhhh, i think i have all of them already...

Btw, Hexcells is a really nice puzzle game, a mix between Minesweeper and Picross
Tiny & Big is great too!

Nice! It's totally worth the price for Hexcells and One Finger Death Punch. :D

Don't know a thing about the other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom