• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
131691698555xhzx1.gif

I'm way late but what a perfect gif for One finger death punch, haha

I doubt it, but you could probably wring a Steam key out of EA if you bothered Support enough; I plan to do just that for Crysis 2 vanilla. The fact that I own both Crysis 2 and Crysis 2: ME on Origin but only the latter on Steam is very disconcerting to me. :(

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. You wouldn't need to purchase the game again.

I highly doubt it, are there games on both services whose mp isn't compatible? If BF4 would end up on Steam it would just use Battlelog for example.

Well it wouldn't need to be fragmented. As long as they use a central server pool and not Steamworks for multiplayer, it'd be fine.

I see. Yeah, makes sense. Not like I'm going get TF anytime soon, but good to now.

Tizoc

Giveaway ended!
Seems 2 different people got Cognition ep. 1 and 2, I'll pm u the Desura key for the next ep. later, hopefully the keys still worked for you >_<.

Evrain

Riding on the DSII hype train, I've restarted the first one and... well, the Belfry Gargoyles are kicking my undead derriere full time. Any tips? I have a knight setup, with a knight shield +1 and an axe +3

Annubis

Riding on the DSII hype train, I've restarted the first one and... well, the Belfry Gargoyles are kicking my undead derriere full time. Any tips? I have a knight setup, with a knight shield +1 and an axe +3

When I finally got them down, I basically just rushed the first one all-out so it would be dead by the time the second one came.

Nabs

I really hope we get a COD Titanfall Midweek sale. I need more people in Blops 2, and I wouldn't mind picking up the Season Pass for cheap-lololol yeah right.

Jawmuncher

Those foil cards jumped the hell up in price.
I sold mine back when those games were in the groupees bundles.
regulars were cheap and foiled only went up to about 4ish. I remember since I sold a foil for that price.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still on the fence about Grim Dawn.

$20 is definitely the right price point, but the game is unfinished. However, I love the genre so I might play through the first two acts now, then play again when the game is complete. $20 puts it squarely in the range of Torchlight II's price point (which I loved) and much cheaper than Diablo III's price (which I hated).

In other news, this afternoon I'm going in for my (hopefully) final surgery on my eye, so I might be out for a couple of days.

fantomena

Does Nuuvems South Park version work in Norway?

Edit: Goddammit. It seems like Nuuvems Dark Souls 2 is only playable in Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Surinam, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela according to DS2s Steam store page. :(

Seems like buying DS2 from Steam is my only option left. Fuck.

Oreoleo

I had a Dark Souls 2 dream last night. I took the wrong path from the starting area and little cherub statue enemies started two-shotting me. The thirst is real.

Nabs

Does Nuuvems South Park version work in Norway?

Edit: Goddammit. It seems like Nuuvems Dark Souls 2 is only playable in Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Surinam, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela according to DS2s Steam store page. :(

Seems like buying DS2 from Steam is my only option left. Fuck.

Nuuvem =/= Steam. That message is for games gifted and bought from that Steam store.

So apparently I'm not allowed to take screenshots of unmodified video games on steam.

(my Rust screenshot was "banned" for being a screenshot of Rust)

Weird.

The_Monk

Just finished Binary Domain fellow GAFfers:

5oMiJfA.png

I believe it's quite understandable why might exist such discrepancy among the opinions of this game. Binary Domain is an interesting game not olnly from the different type of enemies you are used to shoot but also for the combination of action, humour and storytelling. The Story kept me interested until the very end.If you were one of those players that would get bored for the constant shooting then in my case, I just found new ways to make it more fun. By shooting the robots in head they will turn against each other. If you add that with shooting others in the feet, forcing them to crawl then you have an interesting combination of events to watch. The city is filled with amazing little details, something you might miss if you are just rushing from point A to point B. But you shouldn't. The bright lights in the city at night are something your eyes will be pleased to see and the visuals are quite good too.

The characters are very distinctive from each other putting Big Bo among the favourites. There's rivalry, sarcasm, humour and even... romance. There are a few plot twists here and there to make the story more compelling and interesting which pleased me until the very end. During the game you are able to talk to your team mates using your own voice (which I didn't because I do not have a Microphone on my PC yet) or simply by using the controller. By doing so, you will offer tactical advice to them but also if they request healing or suggest a new tactic you are free to agree or disagree with them.

It might not be a title that many people have the chance to play it, and those that had it share different opinions about the game, however I found to be a nice shooting adventure from start to finish. There's nothing over the top or extremely remarkable but not all games require to be such experience. Some, like Binary Domain just want to tell a story while mixing a bit of storytelling and bullets, lot's of them, in fact.

There might be more cut scenes that one person who is used to play FPS and TPS would find but to me this was never a problem, in fact, I believe it was balanced between having a lot of things to point and shoot during tense moments, and then, a little bit of story, controversy or plot twist via cut scenes. I like to have both of these in my games but again, many may find it tiresome if all you want is too shoot some robots in their shiny metal ***.

In the end I think it's important to reflect if we are not going too far with our discoveries in advanced robotic technology. I know that it is the year of 2080 and the world most progress but, at what cost..? Paraphrasing Albert Einstein "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction." In Binary Domain, that day may have happened already...*

As always, apologies for the lack of a better English Vocabulary when writing bigger posts.

PS: For a tiny selection of Big Bo best expressions check my Screenshots of Binary Domain. :)

Still on the fence about Grim Dawn.

$20 is definitely the right price point, but the game is unfinished. However, I love the genre so I might play through the first two acts now, then play again when the game is complete. $20 puts it squarely in the range of Torchlight II's price point (which I loved) and much cheaper than Diablo III's price (which I hated).

I picked it up from traders for 6 keys (about $13.5). Just in case you feel that a slightly lower price might push you over the edge ;)

edit - also D3 has been massively improved since launch and especially with the newest pre-expansion patch. Might be worth checking out again if you haven't played in a while.

fantomena

You asked this question six hours ago. The answer hasn't changed.

Nabs has already addressed the DS2 part of your post, but just a few days ago you asked about GMG's version of Dark Souls 2 and I told you it was fine, so even if Nuuvem's keys were region-locked Steam wouldn't be your only option. Your memory is awful. ;)

I have not been 100% healthy the last week so sometimes I may not read comments very well.

So I guess I can buy South park fron Nuuvem if I understand your post correct.

Do you know if UE4 or older versions support linux?

Nothing official so far. Some UE3 games have been ported to Linux, but only those who pay for source code access are able to do that, I've heard that UE4 is more friendly for porting since it has abstracted some stuff but they haven't announced an official linux support built into the engine or anything.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I picked it up from traders for 6 keys (about $13.5). Just in case you feel that a slightly lower price might push you over the edge ;)

edit - also D3 has been massively improved since launch and especially with the newest pre-expansion patch. Might be worth checking out again if you haven't played in a while.

Good to know on both counts. Did they get rid of the "real money" auctions in Diablo III?

Even though I have the mobile authenticator, my account was broken into on more than one occasion and cleared of all my character's gear and gold. After the third time that happened, I gave up on the game. I only ever play these games single-player and was pretty pissed that my single player character's stuff could be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom