• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Hello guys ! I'm back :)
Was a regular for a few months and ran into a very, and I mean very big money problem. For the three people that are aware of it, well, the problem didn't totally disappear but the family survived, we moved house and now is the time to save some money and be patient / pray that the problem continue to die slowly. Evidently it will not be a fun few months for purchases / humble bundles / retail games. I must admit I nearly laughed nervously when I saw Titanfall price.
Well, these few words to say I'm still good and that I missed you SteamGAF.

NIN90

Bit of SteamGaf fun since Hexcells is on topic tonight:

(Numbers indicate the number of blue cells around a cell or in the line (there are other mechanics but I've solved them for simplicity))

Q. What move is next and why?

capturex1lydm4y8a.png

Reveal this piece because there can only be one piece in the "1" column, thus the "3" cluster needs a piece in that place.

Knurek

(Numbers indicate the number of blue cells around a cell or in the line (there are other mechanics but I've solved them for simplicity))

capturex1lydm4y8a.png

If you must have two blue cells in a row (as the hint would suggest), the middle one will be blue in both cases.
Or would that hint be {2} then?

Either way NIN90's answer is obviously correct.

Arthea

look at the very first line, it has number 1 on it, if you make 3 numbered hex by doing hexes to the left, you violate 1 hex line. going from there it's easy.

so beaten lol

Tetrobot isn't a platformer at all, it's designed for mouse control and you click to send the robot somewhere. There's also a rewind function so it's all about the puzzles, no penalty for an error.

thanks, I'll check Tetrobot then too.

I see that Groupees have revamped their Profile page, and even added a system for selecting multiple games in your library and creating a giveaway to a friend's e-mail address (if this existed before, I had never noticed it).

You can also flag keys as used, like Flying Bundle.

hohoXD123

Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(Today, 03:06 AM)

So basically....what were they running the earlier demos on? An earlier build that they gimped?

Who knows, maybe the PC version or an unannounced current-gen version? Can't say I'm too hopeful about either of these scenarios.

Arthea

If we're talking about puzzle games on Steam, there's no better value than Everyday Genius: Square Logic

Also, English Country Tune never gets enough love here.

And, sadly, not on Steam yet, DROD games. If you didn't get them in Indie Gala bundle, GOG release is a great deal.

ya, you already recommended it, I was somehow sure it isn't sold separately and before I was sure I bought steam bundle with it, both turned not to be true, lol
I'll buy it next time it's no sale for sure.

Was a regular for a few months and ran into a very, and I mean very big money problem. For the three people that are aware of it, well, the problem didn't totally disappear but the family survived, we moved house and now is the time to save some money and be patient / pray that the problem continue to die slowly. Evidently it will not be a fun few months for purchases / humble bundles / retail games. I must admit I nearly laughed nervously when I saw Titanfall price.

Yay! :D :D :D

Thanks for letting us know you're okay Li Kao :). Well done you and your family for getting through it all. You've been in my thoughts quite a bit so reading your post has cheered me right up :). Bless you. Enjoy your few months of money being tight; there can be a perverse pleasure derived from that! Look after yourselves. Much love and kisses to you all [tongue optional] :p.

Arthea

I was wondering about something, some of you might know.
I have problem with reading text, it's too tiny in quite a few games, Witcher games are guilty of this, it's so incredibly small as if cdred hates me or something, even icons are invisible. And almost all strategy games are guilty of it. While in some cases choosing lower resolutions helps some, it doesn't in Sins of a Solar Empire, they use very condensed font, which seems to be on the verge of unreadable to me. Is there any way to change font in a game, do such mods even exist?

Knurek

I have problem with reading text, it's too tiny in quite a few games(...). Is there any way to change font in a game, do such mods even exist?

Would love to have this for Divinity II, the devs used such a small font it made playing the game painful.

Li Kao

Yay! :D :D :D

Thanks for letting us know you're okay Li Kao :). Well done you and your family for getting through it all. You've been in my thoughts quite a bit so reading your post has cheered me right up :). Bless you. Enjoy your few months of money being tight; there can be a perverse pleasure derived from that! Look after yourselves. Much love and kisses to you all [tongue optional] :p.

As adorable as ever ! It's good to be back :)

hohoXD123

I have problem with reading text, it's too tiny in quite a few games, Witcher games are guilty of this, it's so incredibly small as if cdred hates me or something, even icons are invisible. And almost all strategy games are guilty of it. While in some cases choosing lower resolutions helps some, it doesn't in Sins of a Solar Empire, they use very condensed font, which seems to be on the verge of unreadable to me. Is there any way to change font in a game, do such mods even exist?

For Sins of a Solar Empire, you could try this

Deques

I was checking Playfire's new rewards for today and stumbled on this

• Dark Souls - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dark Souls - unlock Enkindle - £0.10
  • Dark Souls - unlock Ring the Bell (Undead Church) - £0.25
  • Dark Souls - unlock Rite of Kindling - £0.50

Achievements soon to be available? GFWL soon to be removed?

hohoXD123

mother-of-god.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Apparently they've been replaced with Black Ops 2 achievements. I doubt GMG is privy to what Scamco is planning, but even if it were a Steamworks patch is still a fair way off as the app doesn't even have a beta branch yet -- my guess is that work won't begin until Ace Combat's patch goes live, though there's a bright side in that Scamco will have some experience in surgically replacing GFWL with Steamworks and so Dark Souls' patch should take less time to prep.

Jawmuncher

Steamworks for DS1 sure would be nice. Personally having the patch come out with DS2 release would be nice to see. Mainly since that way anyone who can't afford DS2 would jump on DS1 at a cheap price if they haven't yet for any reason.

Deques

Apparently they've been replaced with Black Ops 2 achievements. I doubt GMG is privy to what Scamco is planning, but even if it were a Steamworks patch is still a fair way off as the app doesn't even have a beta branch yet -- my guess is that work won't begin until Ace Combat's patch goes live, though there's a bright side in that Scamco will have some experience in surgically replacing GFWL with Steamworks and so Dark Souls' patch should take less time to prep.

At least it's somewhat confirmed that DS will have GFWL removed :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Welcome back! We missed you too, and I'm glad to hear that all will eventually be well with you and yours.

Steamworks for DS1 sure would be nice. Personally having the patch come out with DS2 release would be nice to see. Mainly since that way anyone who can't afford DS2 would jump on DS1 at a cheap price if they haven't yet for any reason.

was really hoping it would come before DS2 drops so I can jump back in. Weekend deal???

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Just squirrel away what you can and go nuts during the Summer Sale. ;)

(That was a terrible pun, but I'm standing by it.)

I've perfected maybe 15-20 levels so far and I have to say that what they made is a fun game, but not necessarily a very good one.

It's almost a rhythm game and there's a ton of things that suddenly, and without warning, change the tempo, which is just confusing and annoying. There's also a crapton of random elements which are not very conducive to the nature of a score attack-type game; it just leads to having to try over and over until you get a run without something unexpected screwing you over. I personally hate it when your button press randomly turns into a dodge rather than a punch, since it moves your character and momentarily confuses you as to who you should be attacking first, and it only happens like 2% of the time so it's hard to get used to.

Not trying to completely rag on it since it is fun and very addictive, but it's not exactly genius game design. I do love the hell out of the sword rounds!

What, Picross 3D?! Tell me there's a clone of that on Steam!
What? The dodging isn't random. If an enemy require multiple taps (like Left-Right, or L-R-L) the first hits will be dodging. Other skills you can unlock I believe give you a dodge ability, and there are usually specific criteria how skills are activated

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear you're getting ahead, however long that may take. Here's hoping you can totally get rid of that problem.

Welcome back man!

Arthea

Just squirrel away what you can and go nuts during the Summer Sale. ;)

(That was a terrible pun, but I'm standing by it.)

nah, I approve it
also when is summer sale? (><)

Oniken is the real.

Tod hates it, just telling

Have they ever explained why those Playfire rewards are specific to one region?

They are? That might explain why I wasn't getting them!
but isn't it strange, that I got e-mail from them to join beta. Why would they send invitation to wrong region?

Have they ever explained why those Playfire rewards are specific to one region?

I don't think they are?

Can I participate in the Playfire Rewards BETA if I live outside the United Kingdom?

Yes, absolutely! During the BETA your rewards will be displayed in GBP (£) but these will converted to your local currency, based on a daily exchange rate, when they're deposited into your Green Man Gaming account.

Hasney

Playfire is really broken for me. It never auto-tracks any achievements and I have to email support. They always add the credit, but it's not worth the hassle.

KarmaCow

It would be nice if you could link disparate GMG and Playfire accounts. I had about £5 on a playfire account because the site wouldn't accept my GMG email.

Arthea

Presumably ~mid-July, as has been the case for the past couple of years.

that was joke, you know one about don't ask when sales start and stuff :(

It would be nice if you could link disparate GMG and Playfire accounts. I had about £5 on a playfire account because the site wouldn't accept my GMG email.

but you can... I remember that I linked my accounts at some point, can't say I remember process itself, sorry about that.

Playfire is really broken for me. It never auto-tracks any achievements and I have to email support. They always add the credit, but it's not worth the hassle.

ya, for me too.
What credit?

Deques

It's broken to me too. I have some Borderlands and Civ V rewards which it hasn't registered yet

Arthea

In fact, only reward I got is for registering for beta, and nothing after that. I visited their forum, and it was so widely spread problem, that I decided not to bother them, it is beta after all.

Oh...

...I knew that!

sure!
also it gave one more chance to post that Ronan gif, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom