• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Well it's impossible for them to catch me since they don't know my GMG account. And to be honest I didn't really use it to cheat, just unlock some bugged achievements that they wouldn't give me credit for or reset the ones that I've already earned

Your steam username is on your neogaf profile page and you have to have that linked to get the rewards. lol.

Phinor

Me too. Actually, my balance has been at zero for more than a month, although I'm supposed to have £2.70 on it.

If anybody here is having problems with playfire not tracking rewards or even transferring credit to GMG, please read the following: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-

I've sent a support ticket with the info they requested on that page:
Playfire Username & Email:
GMG Username: & Email:
Steam Custom URL:
What rewards you are missing:
Screenshot of your Rewards page from this link: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards

And within 24 hrs (on a weekday) they added the missing rewards and transferred the credit to GMG. It's worth a shot especially if you have a ton of rewards missing. You can check older blog posts if you need help finding which rewards are missing.

That's nice in theory, but if/when you have to do it say, weekly, it becomes very annoying especially since you have to manually track every achievement and expiry dates and all that.

Deques

If anybody here is having problems with playfire not tracking rewards or even transferring credit to GMG, please read the following: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-

I've sent a support ticket with the info they requested on that page:
Playfire Username & Email:
GMG Username: & Email:
Steam Custom URL:
What rewards you are missing:
Screenshot of your Rewards page from this link: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards

And within 24 hrs (on a weekday) they added the missing rewards and transferred the credit to GMG. It's worth a shot especially if you have a ton of rewards missing. You can check older blog posts if you need help finding which rewards are missing.

I have sent a ticket. I haven't got any response if 4-5 days. But I did get other achievement rewards that I unlocked after I sent the ticket

Baha

That's nice in theory, but if/when you have to do it say, weekly, it becomes very annoying especially since you have to manually track every achievement and expiry dates and all that.

I've only had to this twice so far, once back in January when it first started and again after they added the Thief & Castlevania LoS 2 achievements.

Anteater

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, this is my last-ditch effort:

Thanks for the response. The issue I have, as I've explained in detail, is that I can't activate the DLC pack because I don't have the requisite base game; even if I were to purchase said DLC pack from another retailer that fact would remain unchanged. I realise my issue falls outside the scope of the support templates you guys have on hand but I don't think my request is unreasonable or difficult to oblige -- it's literally just a matter of contacting Valve and requesting a key for one of the subs I mentioned earlier or providing a key to Valve yourselves, asking that it be tied to one of the aforementioned subs (necessary if Valve doesn't have any on hand as the game does use Uplay). I'll seek a refund from Valve if I'm left without recourse but I was hoping this issue would be fixed to my satisfaction considering the solution is rather simple. If you're not in the position to undertake this yourself I politely request that this ticket be read in full by someone who does have sufficient authority.

The fact this ticket has dragged on for as long as it has is utterly ridiculous. Also, I can't actually request a refund from Valve since I bought the pack through a trader so I suppose it'll just have to sit in my inventory forever if Ubi continues to be a wet blanket.

KarmaCow

That's strange, I'm sure I linked them... but if they say it's impossible, I'm confusing it with something else.

I did it a while ago, maybe they added that ability now since link Baha posted has the question I asked in it.

Thanks Baha, I'll try it.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well it's impossible for them to catch me since they don't know my GMG account. And to be honest I didn't really use it to cheat, just unlock some bugged achievements that they wouldn't give me credit for or reset the ones that I've already earned
Tell them that in a few weeks when you're banned and all your credit goes bye-bye. Though I suppose that's a case of "easy come, easy go" - after all, it's only shop credit. In fact, I've been pondering - would this exploit even be considered fraud in a court of law?

Oh man so GFWL is going away from DkSI? How can I keep my save file safe?
Is this confirmed now? Can't wait.

And just make a new build. It's all part of the fun.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Tell them that in a few weeks when you're banned and all your credit goes bye-bye. Though I suppose that's a case of "easy come, easy go" - after all, it's only shop credit. In fact, I've been pondering - would this exploit even be considered fraud in a court of law?

Is this confirmed now? Can't wait.

And just make a new build. It's all part of the fun.

Well, their loss. I've stopped using the rewards program for a long time but I'm still a regular GMG customer. Banning me will just result in the loss of a good costumer. 0 fucks given

Arthea

Well, their loss. I've stopped using the rewards program for a long time but I'm still a regular GMG customer. Banning me will just result in the loss of a good costumer. 0 fucks given

you did some nice 180° turns in last few pages, and obviously you give some (><)
Why would they ban you from gmg anyway? Only rewards beta, but since it's beta, even that is unlikely.

Caerith

Nah, games that support offline achievements make note of the time so it carries over when you go back online. Most of my Darksiders 2 achievements were earned while offline and they all have different unlock times (well, save for end boss and game completion difficulty ones, which are interlinked).

Ah, didn't know that.

Somehwere on gaf there's a thread about false advertising and here we are with a page for preordering with nothing but a cgi trailer!

What do you get for preordering?

Hmm..Looks like purchasing Metro Last Light was a mistake.

The frame-rate practically halts in one of the DLC firefights. I kicked the settings down so it effectively looks worse than Metro 2033(where I get 60 fps) and..well...it's sorta depressing.

jonno394

Anyone else find that their gmg/playfire rewards dont actually work? Been playing SOuth park all weekig and thought i'd earn some money but I look at my account and there's a big fat nothing.

rtcn63

Hmm..Looks like purchasing Metro Last Light was a mistake.

The frame-rate practically halts in one of the DLC firefights. I kicked the settings down so it effectively looks worse than Metro 2033(where I get 60 fps) and..well...it's sorta depressing.

Have you tried turning vsync and physx off? Might mitigate the damage a bit.

Dambrosi

Banned
Anyone else find that their gmg/playfire rewards dont actually work? Been playing SOuth park all weekig and thought i'd earn some money but I look at my account and there's a big fat nothing.
It takes some time, I've found. Shouldn't take over 3 days, though. Contact their customer support.

Turfster

Search for "not the robots" on the market, get everything with Robot anywhere in the name, game name, description or even username of the creator for TF2 items.
Volvo, pls

After the mess that was Dark Souls 1 on PC I'd be surprised if From/NamcoBandai could put together an even halfway competent port, let alone one that is better than the 360/PS3 version.

The PC version hits in a little over a month and nobody official has bothered to comment on the current release. It's not looking good.

What mess? You mean the fact that it didn't have a plethora of graphics/rendering options natively? Or the fact that they went with GFWL because they had 0 experience on the PC development front and using GFWL let them use the x360 version to actually make the port possible?

Yeah, total mess. I can't believe they released it like that, it's such a fucking travesty.

Okay, this is my last-ditch effort:

The fact this ticket has dragged on for as long as it has is utterly ridiculous. Also, I can't actually request a refund from Valve since I bought the pack through a trader so I suppose it'll just have to sit in my inventory forever if Ubi continues to be a wet blanket.

What's the problem? I'm not familiar with your plight in this case, sir.

Have you tried turning vsync and physx off? Might mitigate the damage a bit.

I have most of the video settings set to low (aside from resolution)

Tried a different mission and the frame-rate was fine. I guess it depends on what gets thrown around.
There are some other settings I can apparently tinker with. Will see how it goes.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
you did some nice 180° turns in last few pages, and obviously you give some (><)
Why would they ban you from gmg anyway? Only rewards beta, but since it's beta, even that is unlikely.

Maybe my first post was misleading. Making people think that I was using it every time to just cheat, when this wasn't the case. Like I said I used it only to fix some bugged achievements that would not register or re-obtain the ones that I already had

Also, I don't know how their banning works. Just assumed that a ban from playfire would result in a GMG ban, since both services are connected.

I just saw the screenshots comparing the trailer and the released version of DkS2, there were some serious downgrades O_O. At least if the PC version suffers the same fate of the consoles the game may run in my laptop.( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Your steam username is on your neogaf profile page and you have to have that linked to get the rewards. lol.

Then why did you just remove your Steam username from your GAF profile? I'd say you do give at least a bunch of fucks :p

If an achievement takes hours to unlock and you unlock only it of all possible achievements in just a few second, how can you not tell if they used SAM or not?
Some achievements are related to other achievements. For example in Borderlands. There are a some level achievements. If you only unlock the highest one, but not the others or unlock all of these at the same time, then it's unlikely that you didn't cheat

Steam achievements can sometimes bug out as well. Sometimes they get 'stuck' and don't trigger until another achievement pops up. Sometimes they just trigger at the wrong time completely. Have a look at this for example.

KiL5gDC.jpg

Dambrosi

Banned
I just saw the screenshots comparing the trailer and the released version of DkS2, there were some serious downgrades O_O. At least if the PC version suffers the same fate of the consoles the game may run in my laptop.( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
Plus, I'm sure that enterprising modders such as our own based Durante will step up to the plate even if Scamdai don't.

So don't worry corrosivefrost, you'll get your IGN game eventually.

Lain

I've been so into DS2 and Titanfall that I haven't read this thread much...is there a consensus on Mitsurugi Kamui Mikae? Screens look nice enough for an action game...any decent gameplay there?

Edit: So I got One Finger Death Punch from a bundle, and I'm basically not willing to play it because it's a Silver Dollar Games title. Is it actually good? If you've been a fan of the Xbox Live Indie Games section, I'm sure that name stabs you in the heart. Did they really make a *good* game?!

I beat one boss and progressed a bit after that, and I thought it was pretty fun.
Initially it seemed a bit mash-y, but after unlocking some abilities, practicing a bit and starting to encounter more aggressive enemies it becomes more apparent how mashing is more likely to get you killed.

There are interesting things like getting enemies into the red state so you can absorb energy from them by hitting a button.

In other words, for the little time I played it it was a fun experience.

Terra_Ex

Mine have worked fine, for the most part, from day one. There are definitely issues where some of them aren't registered, these are typically the more difficult achievements (that take longer to obtain) where the system apparently fails to pick them up before the deadline. Its just pocket change at the end of the day though, like Valve's cards, if I have nothing better to do I don't mind going after a few of the easy pickings, but at those payout rates, its not worth getting out of bed for.

Yeah, I saw some of the comparison shots in that other thread last night and there's just a vast gulf between the screens. Really disappointing, even more so if the PC version looks like that.

Sajjaja

Just bit on Metro Last Light for $9.59 at Gamefly. Game will probably be around 75% off at Summer Sale and this is cheaper than that by 40 cents!

Plus, I'm sure that enterprising modders such as our own based Durante will step up to the plate even if Scamdai don't.

So don't worry corrosivefrost, you'll get your IGN game eventually.

Yeah and I'll actually buy it eventually when that support/mod is there if that's how it all unfolds. Right now, FROM does not deserve a sale from me... if I had the game preordered on PS3 and picked it up, I'd be throwing things in blind fury at this point because there's no way in hell that it's ever going to be what was shown previously on a console.

Mine have worked fine, for the most part, from day one. There are definitely issues where some of them aren't registered, these are typically the more difficult achievements (that take longer to obtain) where the system apparently fails to pick them up before the deadline. Its just pocket change at the end of the day though, like Valve's cards, if I have nothing better to do I don't mind going after a few of the easy pickings, but at those payout rates, its not worth getting out of bed for.

Yeah, I saw some of the comparison shots in that other thread last night and there's just a vast gulf between the screens. Really disappointing, even more so if the PC version looks like that.

My GMG/PlayFire rewards have never worked because I have a different email on my GMG account than my playfire account. They said they were working on implementing a way to link your GMG account to your playfire if the emails were different, but I'm not sure if they ever implemented it. I was talking with one of their techs about it and he said a few weeks or more at the time... but I don't recall exactly when that was. I should check to see if that's something they added yet.

What complicates my attempt to use it more was when they gave away that free Steam game (Advent something maybe?) and I had to use my playfire account for it -- they created a GMG account for me at that time with the secondary email address... I should check that and see if they funneled any of my credit there and close that account promptly.

Yay, I just beat Oniken.

It's 99% pure NES (an Eagle Eye will catch a cheat or two in the graphics (and maybe the music)).

Challenge was good, yet not "cheap." There's a spot or two where projectile spam can be irritating but even in those instances, it was because I rushed in somewheres (and you can sword away almost all projectiles anyway).

There's some extra stuff that opens up once you beat it, I'll get to that soon.

Speed attack achievements tho. >_<

I went in thinking it was going to be a Contra clone, but the reality is that it's more akin to some of the under the radar NES Japanese action games ala Power Blade, Shatterhand and Vice: Project Doom. There's some Ninja Gaiden in there too, for people that need an easy to digest reference, although it really is closer to the other three I mentioned.

Turfster

Wow, the PSN deals for the Call of Duty franchise sale are even worse than the Steam ones. Activision, plz.

Getgamesgo has Kane & Lynch 2 and F1 2012 at 75% off

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Groupees updated their purchases page (old purchase page URLs still display the old design, so just go to the main page and go through your account there). The new purchase page is way better for a number of reasons:

- All bundles display on one page
- When you open a bundle, all keys are visible without clicking on a per-game basis
- You can display keys game by game even if you don't know which bundle the game was in
- You can mark keys as used or un-used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom