• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I only wanted to play some Diablo 3 to check the patch and maybe get some exp/loot, I didn't intend to spend 5 hours on it like I did.

Damn, the game is still the most fun it's ever been and now it's even better, with the good loots dropping (got 2 legendary and lots of rares) and the various changes. I could even swear it was performing better for me, like no stuttering while exploring.

Still wish the game wasn't online only, considering that when I went away to make some Tea, I came back to a sever de-sync, making me lose the game I was playing. Fucking online only bullshit.

Deques

I only wanted to play some Diablo 3 to check the patch and maybe get some exp/loot, I didn't intend to spend 5 hours on it like I did.

Damn, the game is still the most fun it's ever been and now it's even better, with the good loots dropping (got 2 legendary and lots of rares) and the various changes. I could even swear it was performing better for me, like no stuttering while exploring.

Still wish the game wasn't online only, considering that when I went away to make some Tea, I came back to a sever de-sync, making me lose the game I was playing. Fucking online only bullshit.

I am still deciding whether to buy this game or not. Please talk me out of it

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys ever seen this

gabegaming.com

If only it was sales time

I believe that site came to prominence on GAF around the last steam sale. I could be mistaking it for another one though. It seems like it could be amusing if the op of the official thread during the next steam sale makes a link for it..YOU READING THIS SALSA? Get some help for your 3DS addiction before you need to make the sale thread. Also, please don't get banned during the sale period, we need you. :)

KOTOR is R$7,99 for example, it seems to be $3.5 or something like it.

I believe that it was $2.50 at one point. But with Disney now in control of the IP, those times are over. This is probably the best deal on SW games for a while.

Nope. It is on GOG, though, and published by Interplay, who recently brought over Descent and Descent 2, so I'd say that'll change eventually.

It's on GOG? I have to pick up a digital copy then.

Thanks for the complete list Deques. :p

Lain

I am still deciding whether to buy this game or not. Please talk me out of it

I'd say get it. D3 is half off as of now and imo it is the better kind of game of this type. I mean, I haven't derived the same level of satisfaction playing either the two Torchlights nor my short stunt with PoE. Only Van Helsing gave me a similar feeling.
The battle system/gameplay feels just right. The level of customization might have been dialed back in a way (though the paragon system seems to offer a certain freedom in that aspect) but it just works and this patch made the loot acquisition satisfying too. I got lots of rares, some of which were actually good for me, and 2 legendaries that were good too.
They even made the shit white/grey items useful by letting you destroy them for mats needed to make gear.

As far as I'm concerned, it feels like there is no better time to get into D3 (or back to it) than now, with the game on sale and the 50% exp bonus until the expansion releases.

derExperte

Old games on Steam are nice but could you at least make new screenshots that don't look like N64? http://store.steampowered.com/app/283410/

ss_9f1efcc6c63ab17d506d0275430c47f4131c2ab9.600x338.jpg

ss_9a5d064fcc5172b4e5275527c56647ad7b5d0e4b.600x338.jpg

New too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/283310/

Arthea

I don't have KOTOR and FU on steam, but I have KOTOR DRM free, and of course I've played it before, I never finished FU though, so it might be good idea to get it on steam, but now I'm having honest talk with myself, and it seems very unlikely I'll play it ever and that price isn't low enough just to buy it for +1 game count. (><)

Puzzlegeddon

kinda want

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some new arrivals:

CT Special Forces: Fire For Effect will feature unique missions in the fight against worldwide terrorist networks. The game also benefits from a cutting-edge engine as well as a specific physics system. For the first time in this genre, physics will have a major impact on how you play the game.

50% off ($4.99) for the next week.

Thousands of years ago six demon kings, known as the Revenants, ruled the world with an iron fist and bloody swords. Donning the bodies of mortal vassals, they could live in the realms of man forever. The great hero and warlock Harbinger was the only one who could stand up to their power.

As above.

It has been years since brave Mina Lockheart defeated Lord Strix. But dark shadows are rising once again! Spirits are restless! For he has awaken! Evil Lord Strix is breeding a new army to enslave all creatures from the Dragon Mountains!

$9.99

Also, Puzzlegeddon, it seems, is coming back: its two subs were just updated.

derExperte

I don't have KOTOR and FU on steam, but I have KOTOR DRM free, and of course I've played it before, I never finished FU though, so it might be good idea to get it on steam, but now I'm having honest talk with myself, and it seems very unlikely I'll play it ever and that price isn't low enough just to buy it for +1 game count. (><)

Force 1 is the one with the notorious last battle if I remember correctly. And the levels become worse too. So depending on where you stopped you probably didn't miss anything good.

Anyone knows if Black Ops on Nuuvem is a Steamkey?

"Este conteúdo utiliza Steamworks e requer o aplicativo STEAM para ativação, download e instalação."

Sounds like that, but better safe than sorry.

And it just shows Mac, but there is no exclusive Mac-version for that, right?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

kinda want

I enjoyed the alternate storylines of the unleashed games. *shrug they were better than the prequel trilogy.

JaseC

Anyone knows if Black Ops on Nuuvem is a Steamkey?

"Este conteúdo utiliza Steamworks e requer o aplicativo STEAM para ativação, download e instalação."

Sounds like that, but better safe than sorry.

And it just shows Mac, but there is no exclusive Mac-version for that, right?

Black Ops is actually the one and only Mac game on Steam that isn't SteamPlay. Good for the game count but not much else. ;)

Deques

It's great. Generally not a huge fan of the genre because of repetitiveness, but I had a lot of fun with D3. Haven't played 2.0, but it seems it has only gotten better.

The game is 50% off on battle.net right now if that helps you make your decision.

I'd say get it. D3 is half off as of now and imo it is the better kind of game of this type. I mean, I haven't derived the same level of satisfaction playing either the two Torchlights nor my short stunt with PoE. Only Van Helsing gave me a similar feeling.
The battle system/gameplay feels just right. The level of customization might have been dialed back in a way (though the paragon system seems to offer a certain freedom in that aspect) but it just works and this patch made the loot acquisition satisfying too. I got lots of rares, some of which were actually good for me, and 2 legendaries that were good too.
They even made the shit white/grey items useful by letting you destroy them for mats needed to make gear.

As far as I'm concerned, it feels like there is no better time to get into D3 (or back to it) than now, with the game on sale and the 50% exp bonus until the expansion releases.

Is the game region locked? I mean, can I buy it from the US Battle.net and play it on EU Battle.net?

JaseC

Jase, how many keys is a copy of the wheelman?

I've never seen a spare copy in the wild, but when Pat & Mat is pulled and I'm selling my gazillion spares for 25 keys or more a piece, I'm going to put up an offer for it. If it's meant to be the game will find its way to me, like true love in Disney films.

Is the game region locked? I mean, can I buy it from the US Battle.net and play it on EU Battle.net?

It's region-locked in that regard, yes.

Edit: Oh, wait, it supports "global play".

Copons

Good morning everyone! In a couple of hours I'll be on my way to the airport, destination Berlin, for my first fucking holiday since 2012!

I sure hope Ubi won't put South Park at 90% off during my trip, because my brain would melt for the choice between "I'll have to wait the next sale :(" and "I'll get it now at 3€ but censored". :(

Also, some GermanSteamGAFfer knows if the Computer Spiele Museum is worth its 8€ and having to annoy my gf for days to drag her in?

Good morning everyone! In a couple of hours I'll be on my way to the airport, destination Berlin, for my first fucking holiday since 2012!

I sure hope Ubi won't put South Park at 90% off during my trip, because my brain would melt for the choice between "I'll have to wait the next sale :(" and "I'll get it now at 3&#8364; but censored". :(

Also, some GermanSteamGAFfer knows if the Computer Spiele Museum is worth its 8&#8364; and having to annoy my gf for days to drag her in?

8&#8364; now? I went there two years ago and it was like... 4&#8364; or something like that. Its not really big though and 8&#8364; seems a bit too much.

They have some funny things there, but if you really visit it, I am sure you are finished in like 1 hour even if you play some arcade-games.

Edit: And a lot of annoying children when we were there...
Parents wanted to show their children those old games they played and all you could hear was "Looks like shit!", "Who would play such shit when you have CoD?" (I heard this exact sentence in German) and the likes.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Passing a kidney stone was better than the prequel trilogy. >.>

I thought Episode I was a serviceable SciFi Disney movie for children when it released. Amusing now considering recent events. Movie was an awful entry into the main SW universe though.

I've never seen a spare copy in the wild, but when Pat & Mat is pulled and I'm selling my gazillion spares for 25 keys or more, I'm going to put up an offer for it. If it's meant to be the game will find its way to me, like true love in Disney films.

The Star Wars prequels are Disney films.

Good Luck! :)

Knurek

From Soulbringer page, take note peeps:

Not Windows 8 Compatible - ATI/AMD compatibility notice: Soulbringer requires graphic card drivers version 12.10 or older.

In other words, game is not really in a workable state.

Deques

I've never seen a spare copy in the wild, but when Pat & Mat is pulled and I'm selling my gazillion spares for 25 keys or more a piece, I'm going to put up an offer for it. If it's meant to be the game will find its way to me, like true love in Disney films.

It's region-locked in that regard, yes.

Edit: Oh, wait, it supports "global play".

Nice, I don't even have to find someone else to buy it for me :)
Just choose gift instead of buy

Edit: Update. Just bought Diablo 3 from the US Battle.net store and activated to my EU Battle.net account.

Pachimari

Steam is sucking money out of my wallet.

Should have never build my (first) PC! :D

Gonna buy Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition, Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, Brothers, Gunpoint, Gone Home and The Stanley Parable later today.

Copons

8€ now? I went there two years ago and it was like... 4€ or something like that. Its not really big though and 8€ seems a bit too much.

They have some funny things there, but if you really visit it, I am sure you are finished in like 1 hour even if you play some arcade-games.

Edit: And a lot of annoying children when we were there...
Parents wanted to show their children those old games they played and all you could hear was "Looks like shit!", "Who would play such shit when you have CoD?" (I heard this exact sentence in German) and the likes.

Yup I just checked: 8€ regular / 5€ reduced (actually I could go reduced with the tourist card).

Actually the real reason I want to visit that museum is to finally be able to make a comparison with Vigamus, the videogame museum in Rome.

If anyone of you is coming to Rome anytime soon thinking to go there, please, DON'T, for the love of god.
Not only it's managed by the shadiest figures in all Italian videogaming scene (they also threatened my site with a lawsuit because apparently our review was defamating them - it didn't but still, fuck them), it's also a barren place, with close to zero real interest, both for "oldschool/hardcore" and "casual" people.
I remember at their opening ceremony, they had the nerve to display, for the first Xbox, a bunch of useless games, many of them in platinum edition. I was horrified, my Xbox collection was way more interesting than that...
But then again, they have the right contacts (being videogaming journalists since the early 90s) and they got to invite there lots of huge videogaming celebs, like IIRC Kojima or whatever.

Ugh, sorry for the long rant.

Long story short: we in Rome too have a videogame museum, but it sucks, so don't go there and just enjoy the huge amount of real good stuff we have to offer. :)

Yup I just checked: 8€ regular / 5€ reduced (actually I could go reduced with the tourist card).

Actually the real reason I want to visit that museum is to finally be able to make a comparison with Vigamus, the videogame museum in Rome.

If anyone of you is coming to Rome anytime soon thinking to go there, please, DON'T, for the love of god.
Not only it's managed by the shadiest figures in all Italian videogaming scene (they also threatened my site with a lawsuit because apparently our review was defamating them - it didn't but still, fuck them), it's also a barren place, with close to zero real interest, both for "oldschool/hardcore" and "casual" people.
I remember at their opening ceremony, they had the nerve to display, for the first Xbox, a bunch of useless games, many of them in platinum edition. I was horrified, my Xbox collection was way more interesting than that...
But then again, they have the right contacts (being videogaming journalists since the early 90s) and they got to invite there lots of huge videogaming celebs, like IIRC Kojima or whatever.

Ugh, sorry for the long rant.

Long story short: we in Rome too have a videogame museum, but it sucks, so don't go there and just enjoy the huge amount of real good stuff we have to offer. :)

Its not really bad, but dont expect too much. It is kinda small, but they have some Arcade-machines standing there, a little historytour about the history of Gaming and a joystick thats like 1m tall.

Copons

I looked at little bit at the Winter Sale, but I didn't buy anything as I didn't expect to have a super computer. So this coming sales event will be the first one I'll be active.

Mh mh mh.

Well then a little advice:
if you intend to follow the sale here on the SteamGAF threads, I'd suggest you to clear your whole life schedule for a couple of weeks, install the live thread extension and then just start scrolling as you never scrolled in your own life, forcing your eyes to scan every post searching for:
1) giveaways
2) pricing errors
3) prices comparison with other sites
4) that one guy who'll show up for sure starting to steal giveaways keys

They'll be the best two weeks of your life, and then you'll go in withdrawal until the next sale. :(

Its not really bad, but dont expect too much. It is kinda small, but they have some Arcade-machines standing there, a little historytour about the history of Gaming and a joystick thats like 1m tall.

Ok thanks! :)
I'll see if it will fit in our schedule, and I'll try not being arrested climbing the joystick.

Tizoc

I looked at little bit at the Winter Sale, but I didn't buy anything as I didn't expect to have a super computer. So this coming sales event will be the first one I'll be active.

I myself bought whatever was crazy cheap during Steam sales etc. for the past 2 years IN PREPERATION for my super gaming PC/Laptop.

Let us impart upon you the very first commandment and ironclad rule of Steam sales:
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

The_Monk

Oh you are going to have great fun!

Daily hype with GAFfers, price mistakes, all deals will be horrible for everyone during the first 1-2 minutes because discounts are not yet applied, people making the same question over and over, too many options, not enough time, never-ending growing backlog, community votes making you wonder "why did people voted for that one?", flash deals, making decisions on which one you should buy among two titles when the answer is "both" and many, many more. All this with the most kind, amazing fellow GAFfers who will be ready to help you with questions, choices, prices, bundles and any other information regarding Steam Sales.

Copons

I myself bought whatever was crazy cheap during Steam sales etc. for the past 2 years IN PREPERATION for my super gaming PC/Laptop.

Let us impart upon you the very first commandment and ironclad rule of Steam sales:
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

WOAH!

How could I have forgotten the one huge rule?

I guess it's soldered in my brain then. :(

Tizoc

Oh you are going to have great fun!

Daily hype with GAFfers, price mistakes, all deals will be horrible for everyone during the first 1-2 minutes because discounts are not yet applied, people making the same question over and over, too many options, not enough time, never-ending growing backlog, community votes making you wonder "why did people voted for that one?", flash deals, making decisions on which one you should buy among two titles when the answer is "both" and many, many more. All this with the most kind, amazing fellow GAFfers who will be ready to help you with questions, choices, prices, bundles and any other information regarding Steam Sales.

...and of course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGxA48HQ1g

Tizoc

^It's an attack on Titan parody assuming you watched the show or read it.
Just type 'Attack on' and throw something in the end.
For example:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iD218FD3l4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnld5dZM0zE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPP8RxvfTOM

WOAH!

How could I have forgotten the one huge rule?

I guess it's soldered in my brain then. :(

Just don't wait too long
steam_sale_strategy__by_dynamaito-d58a5hz.jpg

This rule is kinda weak. It's all about bundles now. Always wait for bundles

...but what if the bundle costs $1 more and you have all the other games in it, or they're crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom