• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Carmageddon Reincarnation keys should start arriving in the inboxes of those who pledged $25 or above any minute now.

Edit: Oh, wait, I think I may be off by a day.

Edit edit: Nope, I was right: this post was made yesterday.

Edit edit edit: This update was just sent out:
Hey there you amazing Kickstarter Backers!

Yes, this is a VERY special update! Today is the day all our VIP Backers finally get their hands on the “Early Early Access” of the Carmageddon: Reincarnation pre-alpha release!

Thank you all once again for pledging towards the development of the game. Now, you get to strap in and ride along with us all the way from here, right up until we arrive at the FINISHED GAME!

Our friends over at Humble Bundle will be sending out emails which will provide information on how to access your Steam keys as well as any gift keys you're entitled to.

Tizoc

Yaiba OT will be up as late as the Steam release date
Work and league of legends got in the way of my writing of it, but it'll be a simple OT ^^;

zkylon

zkylewd
xenoblade story finally getting interesting

only took it like 40 hours...

like at least there's a hint of a motivation for the mechon, plus a reasonable antagonist, that's all i was asking and i finally got it.

thankfully because until now tho, if xenosaga was the japanese mass effect, xenoblade is like the japanese skyrim, a fun but shallow timewaster with an open world full of samey thing to do for pretty uninteresting reasons.

well, i don't really think skyrim is fun but whatevs, you get the idea :p

i mean i already heard the singleplayer mmo thing a billion times but still, i was hoping the story would have a shred of the ambition and scope on the other two xeno series

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
don't want to take your attention of most important creepy hour (we have those daily now? (><)
but I just have to post this: nuuvem has some Star Wars games on sale, and these are steam:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

I'm not sure how good those prices are, though.
Also if it's steam, it doesn't matter that it's MAC versions, or does it?
How much are they? I'm still mad about fucking Disney not discounting the Star Wars franchise pack on Steam.

kinda hilarious and sad at the same time all of us remembering so much about mona's undressed adventures
I... uh... googled that, yeah. Sure I did!

Tizoc

It just occurred to me that Outland is not on Steam or PC.
I don't think this game is 60 FPS on consoles, right?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Tizoc

Aha I haven't played it in a while, the Ikaruga polarity thing messed with me against a boss.
I should consider replaying it on PS3 again and beat it, unless Ubisoft decides to, miraculously, release it on Steam in which case I'll play it on that.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Has anyone tried buying from Nuuvem with a debit card? I don't have a Paypal account and I'm afraid they might hit me with some big conversion fees If I pay with my debit card

Aerocrane

Do I want to buy the Grid 2 DLC pack? How good are the additional cars and tracks?

I think the use of some additional cars is restricted in Playlist mode in multiplayer, only the Koenigsegg and Zonda if I remember correctly. The Peak Performance car pack is just reskins of cars already in the game, while the other DLCs feature new cars. Some DLCs feature only variations of circuits already in the game (yay pre-order DLC) while others have full new tracks and cars. The new cars bring some nice variation to your selection, but they aren't necessarily better than cars already in the game. I really liked the cars featured in the Drift and Super Modified packs. The tracks are pretty good recreations, and your enjoyment of them really depends on if you like the track or not. Spa-Francorchamps is one of my favourite circuits, so I really liked it in the game. Bathurst on the other hand is also a nice track, but I feel with how narrow it is it really doesn't suit the more physical and arcade gameplay of Grid 2.

aku:jiki

Has anyone tried buying from Nuuvem with a debit card? I don't have a Paypal account and I'm afraid they might hit me with some big conversion fees If I pay with my debit card
Nuuvem doesn't determine the conversion rate, your bank does. If you want to know, call them and ask what the rate is going to be.

Milamber

Nuuvem doesn't determine the conversion rate, your bank does. If you want to know, call them and ask what the rate is going to be.

"Hi, I want to send money in Brazilian Reals to buy a game online, and fund the student riots, how much do you charge anyway?"

Dolor

I looked at little bit at the Winter Sale, but I didn't buy anything as I didn't expect to have a super computer. So this coming sales event will be the first one I'll be active.

I am actually envious of you. I would love to be able to do my first sale over again. Sales eventually become more boring (but still great) once you've gotten everything you wanted.

Chronoja

I am actually envious of you. I would love to be able to do my first sale over again. Sales eventually become more boring (but still great) once you've gotten everything you wanted.

If you're coming out of sales just getting "everything you wanted" then you're doing it wrong. The right way to do a steam sale is to come away with about 90 games you had no intention of buying, or probably even knew existed.

I jest about this for the most part but there is a kernel of sincerity about this as well. Some of the best games I've played on steam are games I never really knew anything about and just picked up on a whim during a steam sale.

Deques

Sales are becoming more boring after you have too many games

BikEghiIYAAdTIE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/443890995219152898

Yeah there is South Park on PC... aaannnndd its gone.

r3n4ud

Perhaps. But that's when you impulse buy games you don't want since well, why the hell not, they're on sale!

derExperte

With Mercenary Kings coming out and apparently getting a price increase one week later I'm really annoyed that I forgot to buy it during that one time it was on sale. :(

I think the use of some additional cars is restricted in Playlist mode in multiplayer, only the Koenigsegg and Zonda if I remember correctly. The Peak Performance car pack is just reskins of cars already in the game, while the other DLCs feature new cars. Some DLCs feature only variations of circuits already in the game (yay pre-order DLC) while others have full new tracks and cars. The new cars bring some nice variation to your selection, but they aren't necessarily better than cars already in the game. I really liked the cars featured in the Drift and Super Modified packs. The tracks are pretty good recreations, and your enjoyment of them really depends on if you like the track or not. Spa-Francorchamps is one of my favourite circuits, so I really liked it in the game. Bathurst on the other hand is also a nice track, but I feel with how narrow it is it really doesn't suit the more physical and arcade gameplay of Grid 2.

Thanks for the detailed write up, doesn't look like a clean cut case unfortunately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Mercenary Kings coming out and apparently getting a price increase one week later I'm really annoyed that I forgot to buy it during that one time it was on sale. :(

I'm in the same position with Betrayer. I passed on it when it was 33% off as I figured it'd go on sale again before coming out of Early Access, but that's looking unlikely.

Arthea

I just got £55 worth of Steam vouchers and i really, really wanted to get South Park, but it's £39.99.........that's just insane.

check Yaiba price, to get perspective on insane (><)
unless it's cheaper at UK store.

Publishers got to us everywhere, on PC too finally, and we let it happen :(

edited: you know what's funny though, after all latest PC regional pricing policies, paying £29.99 for FFX duo remasters on PSN doesn't seem so bad anymore. Totally new perspective to me!

See above, I haven't touched Grid 2 yet. But what if I do, can't stop playing and then don't have the DLC?

lol
I was subscribing to this logic before, but Scamco cured me of it, thanks Scamco!

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I got an early access version of this from Dunder back in the day for reasonably cheap. Can't remember why I got it at the time but it's turned out to be a fun little game, looking forward to checking out the full version.

Aerocrane

See above, I haven't touched Grid 2 yet. But what if I do, can't stop playing and then don't have the DLC?

If you've got no intention of playing multiplayer, you can safely skip the DLC. It isn't like Dirt 3 where they integrated DLC events into the career, making it so you couldn't get 100% completion unless you bought the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom