• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Oooh, a Rockstar weekend, they must be getting ready to release that RDR/GTAV bundle on Steam, right?

Yeah I know, it's only the umpteenth time they do this. I have every Rockstar game on Steam and they just keep doing publisher weekends, it's frustrating >__>

Running With Rifles impressions (from October)
ss_de75e8d036a17acf60ed41afa6fa402407d42254.600x338.jpg
ss_68e942ddf21e059eba274056fb7f952fb636f821.600x338.jpg
Can an indie title portray the chaos of war better than AAA shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield? Running With Rifles drops the player onto the frontlines and delivers intense tactical action.

In Running With Rifles, you are not special. You are not the super soldier who's going to defeat the enemy single-handedly. You're a no one, just another soldier who can get killed in an instant by a stray bullet or mortar fire. Life is short and when you die, you quickly respawn as another soldier. Set on a sprawling map across forests and towns and beaches, in bases and streets, you wage war on a living battlefield. Frontlines can shift, be reclaimed, then taken a day later.

The battles in RWR are hectic and ruthless. Charge in with your fellow soldiers, find cover, watch your flanks, call in air strikes and reinforcements. Each conflict is a street by street, corner by corner affair and the balance of power can change in an instant, maybe by your well-timed mortar or an enemy tank rolling around the corner. Men die quickly and easily, bullets fly in every direction, and cover is your greatest ally. There's an expansive amount of available tactics and variables to consider: attack at night to remain stealthy, crouch and go prone for improved accuracy, climb to a rooftop for a better vantage point, hijack vehicles for transportation, attack by sea using an inflatable raft, increase your rank to command a squad and plan out your assault, take out enemy communications to slow their efforts. The enemy AI won't rest either, understanding how to flank, take cover, and use higher ground to their advantage.

Running With Rifles is a challenging intense game when playing solo, but you can also work with or against other in online multiplayer, opening up even more strategies and co-operative tactics. RWR is still in development, with more weapons, equipment, and maps planned.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any reason why Bioshock Infinite is the number 2 seller right now? The new dlc isn't out for two more weeks I thought.

It was featured (and discounted) in yesterday's BAFTA award sale.

random

Another great humble weekly!

And this one time Germany gets something positive out of the stupid censorship (TotD is great, but Sonic Racing Transformed is the better game).

But ... I just bought Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain, when they were on sale, I believe last week?

If I could give away the other games, I may BTA. As it is, I'm debating whether to pay 1$ for Hell Yeah and Rome (I won Rome: Total War here, and shamefully forgot about it).

Thank you for Megabyte Punch! :)

Enjoy :)

Is steam acting up for anyone else right now?

Yes, that's what the two posts above mine are referring to.

You can always check here to see if the problem is on your site, or on Steams.

edit (again):

OK, this is way better than issteamdown.com.

StAidan

I don't know if Steam is having trouble scaling to its level of popularity or what, but this downtime is ridiculous for such a major service.

JustinBB7

I usually don't really complain about stuff, and usually the downtime is once a week during maintenance, but it's getting a bit out of hand lately. Third or fourth day in a row Steam went down?

Pakkidis

You have got to be kidding me. I JUST BOUGHT alpha protocol and binary domain for 7$ a week ago. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Is steam down for anybody else?

Nokterian

I usually don't really complain about stuff, and usually the downtime is once a week during maintenance, but it's getting a bit out of hand lately. Third or fourth day in a row Steam went down?

But maintenance only happens on tuesday night around midnight here in the netherlands. This downtime is happening more and more lately and friendslist not working for example. There infrastructure really needs to be upgraded or be more stable it's a disgrace to be honest.

Arthea

on the Sega HB, I never believed we'll see one and I have all games but 2, kinda regret buying Shogun 2 and especially The typing of dead as I still haven't even started it until now
Oh well

Nzyme32

First time Steam's been down for me in a long long time. I can't even remember the last time it's been down for me.

It's down relatively often these days, which I find odd since this is also the most amount of updates to the steam service I've seen for a long time over about the same period

PaulLFC

First time Steam's been down for me in a long long time. I can't even remember the last time it's been down for me.
It was down for me yesterday. Was talking to my friend on chat and it lost connection to Steam and then wouldn't reconnect for a good 10 minutes at least, maybe longer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up and got this, never happened before

2609432-wtf.png

is this what happens when you start steam and its down? if so I cant believe its the first time its happened to me

Grief.exe

2609432-wtf.png

is this what happens when you start steam and its down? if so I cant believe its the first time its happened to me

Yep, it won't let you past the password screen if Steam is down. You can always go offline though.

2609432-wtf.png

When my router was dying and it had trouble connecting to things, I would sometimes get that message when starting Steam. Quitting and opening Steam again would eventually bypass that message and everything would work as normal afterwards.

So, to answer your question: yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom