• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

From the Sega HB thread:

pb8XTwJ.png

Damn

I was thinking about picking it up just for Typing of the Dead and then giving out everything else.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Damn, one key per tier is bullshit :(
Also, considering that Shogun 2 has been $7.50 on Steam sales, unless your prime intention is the donations paying the extra for it not the way to go.

Man 60 fps RE4 is so damn good. I'm really pleased with the port despite the couple imperfections. I'm so happy Capcom bothered with it and they better announce the Code Veronica Super HD edition real soon.
The new lighting totally destroyed the game's visuals though.

I'll get it for Typing of the Dead and Hell Yeah! The Genesis games add 10 games to steam or it's just one and then you have to access another menu to get to the 10 games?

Nzyme32

Is the Company of Heroes CoH1? Does it include both the expansions?

Just the original CoH1, no expansions. I've had the original alone since way way back, it was one of the first games I got, so maybe 2007 or 8. They have a new steam version, which I assume is the one you get. Works great, excellent game!

Exuro

What's the difference between the max payne 3 complete pack and max payne 3 with the rockstar pass?

Thinking of picking up the max payne complete pack but don't want to miss out on anything the max payne 3 pack may have.

FloatOn

Going through a divorce myself. It will get easier. Do you have kids?

no kids thankfully.

bought a house and a new car recently though. things are not going to be a massive shitstorm in the pragmatic sense but are rather taxing on my emotions. which don't show up often but when they do... real horror show.

anyway, I need to find room mates. and I need to stay busy. work and school weirdly don't occupy enough of my mental faculty to distract from emotions.

suggestions for happygoodtimes video games would be beneficial steamgaf.

Nzyme32

I'll get it for Typing of the Dead and Hell Yeah! The Genesis games add 10 games to steam or it's just one and then you have to access another menu to get to the 10 games?

There is one entry - Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classics

If you right click and hit properties and look under dlc tab, you should see the games you have for it

maty

Even though it's a great bundle I'm only interested in Typing of the Dead (I have most of the other games), so I think I'll wait for TOTD sale on GMG or Steam in the future.

Does the Hell Yeah! key from the bundle include the dlc or just the main game?

Just the original CoH1, no expansions. I've had the original alone since way way back, it was one of the first games I got, so maybe 2007 or 8. They have a new steam version, which I assume is the one you get. Works great, excellent game!

Company of heroes
Company of heroes (New Steam Version Core Game)

I have CoH1 complete, I just wanted to get it for my brother.

I just wish that after like a few years they just start bundling old games with all its expansions/dlc and just sell that with the original game. I just cant bring myself to buy old games piecemeal.

World in Conflict, for example, now come with its little nub of an expansion by default.

Buying the expansion alone costs as much as buying the original plus expansion.

Its just so stupid.

Nabs

Running With Rifles (Early Access) - $9.99

RUNNING WITH RIFLES is a top-down tactical shooter with open-world RPG elements.

In RWR, you join the ranks of an army as a common soldier, just like the thousands around you. To your superiors, you're nothing but cannon fodder...
The open world approach lets you define your own path and story in the campaign. Push back the enemy with your comrades or go deep behind enemy lines to sabotage their efforts and loot valuable items.

As you gain experience, you are promoted with higher command over soldiers and equipment. Call in artillery fire missions or paratrooper reinforcements when the situation gets tight! Use your squad to man armed boats, tanks and APC's, or, become the expert lone wolf you always aspired to be - it's up to you!

sprinkles

This game is straight garbage don't play it.
It starts off as a cheap dead space which is kinda nice but then turns into Mad Max but not in the good way. I got it from JaseC awhile back and it not even being a gift could help me get through it sadly.
Nonsense, Afterfall Insanity is like a page out of a history book. Such cheap and bad games with an honest aspiration to be like the big, AAA games just don't get made any more. It fails at pretty much everything it wants to achieve (graphics, suspense, controls, STORY) but it does it with such a charm that I loved every minute of playing it.

And the story is like the best worst B movie ever made into a game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
no kids thankfully.

bought a house and a new car recently though. things are not going to be a massive shitstorm in the pragmatic sense but are rather taxing on my emotions. which don't show up often but when they do... real horror show.

anyway, I need to find room mates. and I need to stay busy. work and school weirdly don't occupy enough of my mental faculty to distract from emotions.

suggestions for happygoodtimes video games would be beneficial steamgaf.

I've been there myself, sorry to hear you're going through all that.

I'm a huge fan of RPG games, mostly ARPG and JRPGs. Some of the hardest times in my life I've been through, these are the games that can hold my attention the longest and be the most distracting. One reason I like RPGs in this fashion is that you usually start out weak, and progressively get stronger through out the game. By the time you get to the end of the game, you have a really strong character that makes you feel like a badass when playing. Contrasted with real life, it's good to feel powerful at a time in your life when you may be (or feel) powerless.

The best advice I can give, as someone who has been through this and lived to tell about it, is to find a game you love (or a new game in a genre you love) and play the shit out of it.

Things get better.

FloatOn

Running With Rifles (Early Access) - $9.99[/url]

seems rad. I'll keep an eye on it!

she was jealous of your relationship with this thread.

probably. I'd marry this thread if I could.

I've been there myself, sorry to hear you're going through all that.

I'm a huge fan of RPG games, mostly ARPG and JRPGs. Some of the hardest times in my life I've been through, these are the games that can hold my attention the longest and be the most distracting. One reason I like RPGs in this fashion is that you usually start out weak, and progressively get stronger through out the game. By the time you get to the end of the game, you have a really strong character that makes you feel like a badass when playing. Contrasted with real life, it's good to feel powerful at a time in your life when you may be (or feel) powerless.

The best advice I can give, as someone who has been through this and lived to tell about it, is to find a game you love (or a new game in a genre you love) and play the shit out of it.

Things get better.

jshack: not only do I appreciate your tech wizardry but it's comments like this that make gaf worth my time. I'm really really looking forward to diving into dark souls 2 when it hits pc. I maaaaaaay even dive back into diablo 3 because of your comment. Supposedly the new patch makes the game what it should have been.

Tizoc

2 Keys in one:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PopCap Humble Bundle Origin Keys -- MB-6A80840F53BD0484

t1394821431z1.png

So if you win the giveaway you'll get the Origin keys for all the games in that bundle

Jawmuncher

Nonsense, Afterfall Insanity is like a page out of a history book. Such cheap and bad games with an honest aspiration to be like the big, AAA games just don't get made any more. It fails at pretty much everything it wants to achieve (graphics, suspense, controls, STORY) but it does it with such a charm that I loved every minute of playing it.

And the story is like the best worst B movie ever made into a game.

I'll give you that, it definitely does try to be a AAA game on a low budget. Hell it even starts off pretty well all things considered. But I found the beginning section the get repetitive and the change in direction the other half of the game gave me whiplash. But the way you explain it I can see why some might fine some fun with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshack: not only do I appreciate your tech wizardry but it's comments like this that make gaf worth my time. I'm really really looking forward to diving into dark souls 2 when it hits pc. I maaaaaaay even dive back into diablo 3 because of your comment. Supposedly the new patch makes the game what it should have been.

I'm thinking about diving in to Diablo 3 again myself thanks to some encouragement on this thread. Feel free to hit me up some time if you feel like doing any co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom