• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

I'd get GTA complete but I don't want all those shitty mac version in my list. Don't like the "make a category to hide it" solution so.

Used to love 1/2/3. But 4 sucked so hard and it's the only GTA game I have on steam right now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just going to say it now, if you don't own Binary Domain, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, or the SEGA Genesis games in some form that are part of the SEGA Genesis Collection on Steam, you should totally purchase the $5.99 BTA SEGA bundle going-up in 20 minutes.

jblank83

Steam is dead. Long live Origin.

Hey, Baron, look over there.
Shiv2.png

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wow, L.A. Noire is still 9.99.

And who's going to buy San Andreas and GTAIV for 6€ when for the same price you can have the whole franchise.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Face it, Argentine beaches are pure shit. Just revel on the fact that you guys have places like Bariloche, Ushuaia or the
extremely boring to cross by bus/car
Pampa.
Uruguayan Truco is the best card game ever invented, you'll see the light one day!
Sadly I've never been to any of those places (I'm the kind of guy who chose not to go to his graduation trip), so I can't comment about that. Punta del Este is a beautiful place, so you may be right regarding beaches (though I have only seen very few of our coastal cities).

And no, Uruguayan Truco is impossible to understand. An Uruguayan friend once tried to explain it to some of us, and it was a total mess.
The fact that we were all a bit drunk is totally irrelevant :p

Excellent list, but about that point in particular, there was only one instance IIRC where a flash/community was cheaper than the daily: Saints Row The Third in the 2012 Summer Sale
Yup, this is true. That's why I said "probably", but I can't recall any other instance of that happening. Still, that's the exception, not the rule, so most of the times games won't go cheaper once they are featured in a daily, flash sale or community choice. But it could definitely happen again, so only grab a game if you're comfortable with its current price.

Ah, thanks. That game is one of a kind, I just can't miss it
KuGsj.gif
. Seems like it has never been on sale or anything though, and I don't want to spend 20 bucks on a game like that.

I got it on sale at GS at one point.

Just to be sure, if I buy Borderlands 2: Game of the Year edition from Nuuvem, will it work on my Windows machine even though it says (Mac), though it says Steamplay, does that mean I can play the game on any platform and only pay once?

Also, I'm undecided.

Should I go for:

a) Gone Home + Gunpoint
b) Enemy Within + Brave New World

?

B is better unless you like that sort of... art.. game that Gone Home was. I got it as a gift and it was interesting to play through, but I'm certainly glad I didn't buy it myself. Gunpoint is supposed to be good but short as well, I haven't gotten to that yet. Option B would provide a lot more gameplay time and is quality overall by all accounts too.

Also grab Neogaf++ if you're using Chrome.

What is this you speak of?

5 bucks on Gamestop PC right now, activates on steam.

Huh, well, thanks, that solves my problem of when/where I got it on sale. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man 60 fps RE4 is so damn good. I'm really pleased with the port despite the couple imperfections. I'm so happy Capcom bothered with it and they better announce the Code Veronica Super HD edition real soon.

FloatOn

has your day not had enough bullshit? have some of mine: wife is leaving me

need links to sexy beaches plz

this post is brought to you by livejournal dot com

Turfster

Humble SEGA bundle
TIER 1: 1$ SINGLE KEY
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Company of Heroes
  • Rome: Total War
  • Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
TIER 2: 6$ SINGLE KEY
  • Typing of the Dead: Overkill
  • Binary Domain
  • Medieval 2: Total War
  • SEGA Genesis Collection
  • Renegade Ops
TIER 3: 15$
  • Total War: Shogun 2

onionfrog

Damn you guys were right when you said wait for bundles!

I bought a bunch of stuff that's in that SEGA Himble Bundle within the last two weeks! Including all 5 of those Sega Genesis packs at $1.87 each.

Oh well, I might still get it for Typing of the Dead...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I have a few of the Sega bundle games, not sure if I'd splurge extra for Shogun 2 :/

Sadly I've never been to any of those places (I'm the kind of guy who chose not to go to his graduation trip), so I can't comment about that. Punta del Este is a beautiful place, so you may be right regarding beaches (though I have only seen very few of our coastal cities).

And no, Uruguayan Truco is impossible to understand. An Uruguayan friend once tried to explain it to some of us, and it was a total mess.
The fact that we were all a bit drunk is totally irrelevant :p
Shame you didn't, I haven't been to Ushuaia but Bariloche and it's whereabout are real nice (I heard good things about Mendoza too, and I'm going there in a few weeks :D). Punta del Este's beaches are special, in the sense that there is a shit-ton of people all the time. If you don't like crowded places one is better served by going to the smaller ones elsewhere.
Uruguayan Truco da bes, if you know that abomination known as Argentine Truco then the upgrade is not difficult :)

Yup, this is true. That's why I said "probably", but I can't recall any other instance of that happening. Still, that's the exception, not the rule, so most of the times games won't go cheaper once they are featured in a daily, flash sale or community choice. But it could definitely happen again, so only grab a game if you're comfortable with its current price.
They got a lot of backlash after that one, one hopes they won't repeat that again... the warning is indeed fair though!

Jawmuncher

Humble SEGA bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Company of Heroes
TIER 2: 6$
  • Binary Domain
  • Renegade Ops

ALL OVER ME.
That's a pretty nice bundle. Even if for me the 6 tier is kinda pointless since I own them all.

Humble SEGA bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Company of Heroes
TIER 2: 6$
  • Binary Domain
  • Renegade Ops

That bundle is god tier. In for the BTA.

masterkajo

Nice, Sega bundle. Might get it for Typing of the Dead. Got the rest already. But people do get it for Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain alone. These are fantastic games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom