• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that sounds rather conservative but, as I keep playing, my hopes for a superior PC version slowly fade away. Some areas literally look like they belong to a PS1 or PS2 game, you can tell which mobs were created during the early stages of development and which were rushed by their textures, poly counts or quality.

NQHKSVE.gif

I REFUSE!

Tizoc

Quantum Conundrum is like 'Baby's first Portal' to me. it's aimed more at younger demographic, and I personally enjoyed it.

Oh and JUST CAUSE 2 AT 60 FPS LOOKS EFFIN' GOOD SON! Its been in my PS3 backlog for so long but after experiencing 60 FPS...Yeah I'm trading that poor sucker =V

Gonna aim to finish up The Swapper in the next few days then jump back into
One Finger Death Punch
Thief 2014
The Raven

I just love getting classic games on PC that need to be here. I also really felt the urge to get back into the game the past year after reading all the positive LTTP threads. I was actually very close to tracking down a Wii copy to just play on Dolphin.

At the time, I believe I was actually sidetracked by continued Halo 2 play.

You dropped RE4 to play Halo 2?
And I thought you were cool, man... :p

Quantum Conundrum is like 'Baby's first Portal' to me. it's aimed more at younger demographic, and I personally enjoyed it.

Oh and JUST CAUSE 2 AT 60 FPS LOOKS EFFIN' GOOD SON! Its been in my PS3 backlog for so long but after experiencing 60 FPS...Yeah I'm trading that poor sucker =V

Gonna aim to finish up The Swapper in the next few days then jump back into
One Finger Death Punch
Thief 2014
The Raven

QC ramped up pretty quick. I was playing the PS+ freebie PS3 version at one point, but it ran like ass. One of these days I should try it again on PC.

The Swapper is on my "I should pick that back up and finish it." list.
I'd gotten brain fatigue and was irritated by the ridiculous hidden rooms... then they patched in controller support days after I bought PGP to use with The Swapper... that kind of soured me on hopping back into it. :\

Garcia

Also partially corroborates the last-minute optimization theory. The lighting system and the darkness were supposed to partially mask the bad textures.
Everything was getting finalized for the PC/next-gen version, but the consoles were getting left behind. Rapid changes had to be made.

I'm assuming you are correct. Seriously, some of the textures are oh-god-awful.

NQHKSVE.gif

I REFUSE!

I know it feels like I'm exaggerating but there are many people in the OT already saying they wish the game wasn't so ugly, lol.

SteamGAF, am I a bad person if majority of my games came from Bundles? Every time I wanted to play a game in my PC, a day or two after that I always see that game in a bundle.
Should I crave for a Capcpom game then?

feel

Just finished! Wow, what a ride at the end! I played the first half on PS2 when it was originally released, first time doing the back half.

The recent patch really alleviated many of the issues that were wrong with the port. A modder even figured out how to implement the proprietary effects from the GameCube version. Will have to try them out when I go for my Pro run.
:O :O :O

Based PC gaming.

Remember that area from the pre-release demos?

That's how it looks in the final game:

Gets me reminded of N64 graphics.

Yeah, it's horrible. Absolutely disgusting... I'm so glad I have a gaming PC now so that I had to wait for the PC version... because if I had bought the console version and received that surprise? I'd have lost my shit..

I mean... that comparison right there... that's what made me cancel my preorder. It was the final straw, I have never seen a late cycle AAA console game look like something out of the previous generation or worse. When I saw it, I was no longer willing to leave $40+ on the table in hopes that the PC version would be better. If it is, I'll gladly put my money up again, but until there's some indication that the PC version is leaps and bounds over the downgrades seen in shots like these, I'm out.

Edit: I was looking at the second image you posted some more and I realized that the atrocity reminded me a lot of the DOOM games. :lol I'm now expecting an imp to start flinging fireballs at me from down there and the next door to tell me I need the red keycard.

I used de facto specifically because there are folks out there that would swear by the GC/Wii versions almost no matter what. There were some bugs that may or may not have been fixed by the latest beta patch.

Those people who believe the Wii version is the best simply for the Wii control scheme will probably never be happy with anything else.

Discounting that craziness, this game runs at 60fps. That makes it defacto already in my book. :p

Is Quantum Conundrum really that bad? I'm playing a bit to get the Playfire free money and the most offensive thing about it is the writing or that it's not Portal but then again nothing is.

Quantum Conundrum was a lot of fun for me. I am a fan of games like Q.U.B.E and Portal which this game is like.

def sim

Those people who believe the Wii version is the best simply for the Wii control scheme will probably never be happy with anything else.

Discounting that craziness, this game runs at 60fps. That makes it defacto already in my book. :p

Hey, I agree. 60FPS is a big enough of a deal that I can let the missing specular highlights go. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somehow I ended up at my parents house for the night. I'm about to turn 31. This shouldn't be as nostalgic as it is. I think I'm going to play ace attorney on my phone now.

Stay safe man, hope all is well. Also, holy shit they have Ace Attorney on a phone? I'm kinda glad I don't have an iDevice, I wouldn't ever get anything done.

def sim

Somehow I ended up at my parents house for the night. I'm about to turn 31. This shouldn't be as nostalgic as it is. I think I'm going to play ace attorney on my phone now.

Seeing you posted this last night, I'm guessing it's your birthday. Happy birthday! It's nice to spend some time with the family and Ace Attorney.

EDT and other better time zones only, of course. ;)

But with mods, apparently you won't have to! :D

Everything is great, word.

Grief.exe

I just hit a guy up on Craigslist the other day for all three Ace Attorney games.

He couldn't meet up yesterday and hasn't contacted me today, I'm kind of getting worried. I was surprised to even see them on Craigslist.

Seeing you posted this last night, I'm guessing it's your birthday. Happy birthday! It's nice to spend some time with the family and Ace Attorney.

EDT and other better time zones only, of course. ;)

Everything is great, word.

Part of that sounds like cruel and unusual punishment...

I just hit a guy up on Craigslist the other day for all three Ace Attorney games.

He couldn't meet up yesterday and hasn't contacted me today, I'm kind of getting worried. I was surprised to even see them on Craigslist.

If I had that copy of Ace Attorney I owned back in the day, I'd hook you up.

--

I'm not quite sure how I have ignored that Titanfall was made by Respawn. Which makes it kind of surprising that it didn't get put on PS4 as well... since Respawn is published by EA and doesn't really have any specific ties to MS that I know of.
Being a fan of Modern Warfare games made by what is essentially Respawn (for the most part), I'm now curious about the game...

The general buzz seems good, what does SteamGAF say?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I almost worked with them and I dont and they keep going to GDC ;_;

to be fair I only really stay in touch with the one with the biggest beard (of course) now

im happy for uruguay's sake tho, woo

That guy's beard is epic. He seems cool.

Tizoc

Come Monday, GMG will most likely have a discount on Banner Saga too I expect.
Hopefully they get the Yaiba pre-order up too, I'll email them on Monday for clarification, I'd have gathered some good enough Playfire space bucks that I can drop the game's price along with GMG's discount codes to somewhere between $30-35 @_@

Knurek

Also, holy shit they have Ace Attorney on a phone? I'm kinda glad I don't have an iDevice, I wouldn't ever get anything done.

Terrible port with missing animation frames and music recorded from the GBA versions instead of NDS (so, samples mixed at 11 kHz tops).

Come Monday, GMG will most likely have a discount on Banner Saga too I expect.
Hopefully they get the Yaiba pre-order up too, I'll email them on Monday for clarification, I'd have gathered some good enough Playfire space bucks that I can drop the game's price along with GMG's discount codes to somewhere between $30-35 @_@

Traders were selling it for $24-$27.
Check the B/S/T.

Not Steam related but... How long do you think it will take for Titanfall to hit 20 bucks? #cheapassgaffer

I've already seen it for $30, so hopefully not too long.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking at TF2 Outpost there are still around 30 copies of NASCAR '13 in the wild. Since I'm in no particular need for the money I'll probably sit on my spares for a long while, although I did just put up a trade offer for Paper Monsters -- the devs aren't sure if they'll be able to claim Strategy First's app listing and it's not something they're going to look into until Recut is ready to ship.

im p.hot tho:

Saoirse%20Ronan%20-.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/afap/wallpapers/stars/saoirseronan//Saoirse%20Ronan%20-.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm intending to move to China sometime soon. Any idea if Steam will be ok for me to use while I'm over there?

You'll be able to continue purchasing from your current store region for as long as have a valid payment method based in said region. When the time approaches that you need to begin purchasing from the Chinese store you'll have to submit a support ticket and ask for the home region of your account to be changed; I'd get the ball rolling on this no later than a few weeks before your current payment method expires as you'll need to jump through some proof of residency hoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom