• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

LYOo7cm.jpg

Only the first of many!

Hopefully. Spelunky is one of the best games which I own on Steam.

ArjanN

Is anyone else having issues with steam?
I'm trying to purchase Metro and it keeps giving me error 118.
This is the 3rd time steam has been slow/not working these past few weeks.
Where is Gaben?

spinner.gif

Humble bundle with Steam games + big CS:GO tournament

Just try again later.

Is the Rockstar sale really tanking Steam? The store front has been so flaky today.

Ah man. Sins of the dark age is a MOBA? Lame.
Was this connected to Sins of a solar empire in any form?

Dota-likes are the new WoW clone MMO. That is so disappointing, I thought Sins of a Dark Age was going to be an epic fantasy turn-based strategy game.

JustinBB7

Started up Dark Souls just now and I get an executable has stopped working while launch.. wtf I played fine last night, I can't seem to fix it. And then GFWL dissapeared from it and my keyboard AND mouse stopped working, couldn't do anything.

Wtf is this shit, hate GFWL so fucking much.

Looking for some more steam friends full my meager list. Add me, folks! My username is the same as it is here, spaces and all. I will indiscriminately add anyone from steam gaf.

Baha

Can't buy it.

EDIT: Do you need to buy anything or do anything for CSGO crate drops?

To get normal crate drops and skins, you need to play normally online. For the EMS One drops, you need to either watch for free in-game or on twitch if you've connected your steam account there.

Hmmh, I have been playing all night and now playing Guacamelee! for around 10 minutes makes the PC shutdown. Downloaded OpenHardwareMonitor and after few minutes of play the CPU core temps were at 86 celcius max, didn't see the max before the shutdown though but I expect something around hundred. Well I guess that's that.

fallout

To get normal crate drops and skins, you need to play normally online. For the EMS One drops, you need to either watch for free in-game or on twitch if you've connected your steam account there.
How is the in-game client for watching the tournaments? Do they have a lot of stats like they do in Dota TV?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam/Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Hacker Evolution Duality Desura -- MB-3AEC9B8B1FABC7D3
The Ship -- MB-67AE0A422F256A3A - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-A60DA1F09143BB4F - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump's Journey Desura -- MB-C7753A251A5B4943 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Diehard Dungeon Desura -- MB-24AFF50FB2FF5C6F - Taken by natertots. 1 entrants total.
Colin McRae DiRT 2 -- MB-8B0ACF6BC7C5FEF7 - Taken by fuzzy123. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hacker Evolution Untold Desura -- MB-B0BB0F6040963DEC
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-CFF9F6FC1CFFD993 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 2 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-D3F96B0C0490198C - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-BFBA776A3BDB5D2D - Taken by aku:jiki. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Finding Teddy Desura -- MB-FB926F898ACB8981 - Taken by flashbandit16. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-A93A8514B0FAFDAF - Taken by yuraya. 3 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-9122C37E787998AE - Taken by TuckingFypo. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-46D4092CA2157DFE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Undead Legions Desura -- MB-EA8FB72D7CB6BCC4 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hack, Slash, Loot Desura -- MB-BA7B8E1767A6F1D8 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-288686C4C8F7E84D - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
End My World Desura -- MB-836F0385C3788C45 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hacker Evolution Desura -- MB-B7DBAC86E40A9373 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins DLC from Humble Bundle -- MB-00AEA55E98EE24D3 - Taken by Firehead. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Face Noir Desura -- MB-068716A67F5A1A00 - Taken by FOX_. 1 entrants total.

t1394923538z1.png

Knock yourselves out boys and girls.

oipic

Ah man. Sins of the dark age is a MOBA? Lame.
Was this connected to Sins of a solar empire in any form?

Both developed by Ironclad, and they share the same engine.

I received an early access invitation a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Not expecting SoSE-type greatness, though, and much of my interest died when they sadly took this down the MOBA path.

I received an early access invitation a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Not expecting SoSE-type greatness, though, and much of my interest died when they sadly took this down the MOBA path.

I remember being excited for this back when it was first announced. I had hoped for for a blend of SoSE and Fallen Enchantress.

Pity its another MOBA.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Looks awful, no way they make any money with it. Should have made a fantasy Sins, would have done so much better.

Zafir

Has any other sites put up Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden yet? Steam price is ludicrous. Otherwise I guess I'll have to get it via trading. :/

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
With a bit of luck (not really luck, just money and time :p) I'll be able to visit those places somewhere in the future. Hope you enjoy your trip; if you or anybody else ever comes to Buenos Aires we should totally do a Latin American-GAF meet-up. I know there are a couple of ArgieGAFfers here, though I can't remember where exactly do they live.
I go to BsAs frequently, too many Argie cousins :p
Having said that, there should be a UruGAF meeting first, especially since Salsa and me live really near (and we still haven't done it XD)

just got this pic of the kingdom rush team landing at gdc

I hate em

they know it
LOL, lito is certainly used to the hate :p
Not from me though, we went to the same school and my Wii was his.

I just hit a guy up on Craigslist the other day for all three Ace Attorney games.

He couldn't meet up yesterday and hasn't contacted me today, I'm kind of getting worried. I was surprised to even see them on Craigslist.
They are on amazon new for around ~$17 each, those were notably cheaper I presume?

You can tell just by looking at him that he is cooler than Salsa for sure.
Not that such a thing is actually difficult :p

I like to think it was because he signed every post he made. Given that, a perm ban was more than justified.

--
Toddhunter
LOL, what about FnordChan and DCX then?

I just played a bit of Arkham Origins and I dont quite understand the mediocre reviews. Mind you, I was playing Arkham City before and it is essentially the "same" game with the same pros and cons that Arkham City has, so I wonder why the reviews are so mediocre.
  • There are a lot of bugs
  • Bigger city but not much to do
  • Forced skill tree is absolutely terrible
  • More aggressive AI with a changed battle rhythm killed the smooth natural flow fights had
  • Collectives are too easy to get
  • A lot of the game feels like a total retread of AC, gameplay-wise
  • Did I mention the bugs?
It does have the best story out of all 3 Arkham games.

Better story, better combat, Papa John's Batman: Arkham Origins.
Yes, No, :lol

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Downforeveryoneorjustme.com
Excellent XD

Zafir

Origin is ok. I hate how it lies about your download speed though. Sometimes it's fine, and gives a value I'd expect, but sometimes it says triple what my internet can even handle. I dunno if it's uncompressing/moving a file or something when it gives those ridiculous speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom