• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Origin shows the install size, not the download size, so it basically multiplies your speed by the difference.

Zafir

Origin shows the install size, not the download size, so it basically multiplies your speed by the difference.
Yeah, but it doesn't always give the silly speed. Unless it's doing it by individual file size, not overall file size so some will have increased speed, but not all.

Nabs

Yeah, but it doesn't always give the silly speed. Unless it's doing it by individual file size, not overall file size so some will have increased speed, but not all.

It's disk write speed or something, not download speed. Total lies.

Sajjaja

Don't exaggerate. I mean, sure, it's not Uplay, but it's still pretty sparse in terms of features. I suppose that at least it doesn't go down as often as Steam though.

Well Valve has had more than a decade to tweak and experiment with their client, Origin hasn't. It's snappier too. Again, like I said, it's not Steam great but its still a nice client overall.

Nabs

Well Valve has had more than a decade to tweak and experiment with their client, Origin hasn't. It's snappier too. Again, like I said, it's not Steam great but its still a nice client overall.

I'm guessing you've never heard of EADM? Just because they renamed the thing doesn't mean it's new.

The_Monk

Well, it's already Sunday in here which means I'm now one year older my good GAFfers, yay.

HHAHAHA, getting older is no fun...

Guys I'm installing my first Origin game, I'm scared. (Dragon Age)

Something you should consider doing on Origin is downloading a Gif and using that for the images on your game library.

I have a bunch of dancing stormtroopers on the majority of my Origin games.
It's fantastic.

Levyne

Banned
Happy birthday, monk!

Something you should consider doing on Origin is downloading a Gif and using that for the images on your game library.

I have a bunch of dancing stormtroopers on the majority of my Origin games.
It's fantastic.

Well this is a bit random, haha. Makes me miss animated avatar gaf :(

Tellaerin

Origin is ok. I hate how it lies about your download speed though. Sometimes it's fine, and gives a value I'd expect, but sometimes it says triple what my internet can even handle. I dunno if it's uncompressing/moving a file or something when it gives those ridiculous speeds.

Eh, it's telling me how long it'll take me to download a game of a given size. Doesn't really matter to me if it's receiving a compressed file and unpacking it on the fly or something - divide the space it's going to take up on my HD by the amount of time it takes to get there and that's effectively how fast I'm receiving it, even if there's elfin magic involved. It's still a valid basis for comparison if I'm d/l'ing the same game from, say, Steam.

Well, it's already Sunday in here which means I'm now one year older my good GAFfers, yay.

Yeah, I started hating birthdays around 25 or 26. My life is great and probably better than it ever was but birthdays just remind me of my own mortality. Your comments have been a pleasure to read and I look forward to reading more in the coming year. Happy birthday bud! :)

fantomena

If EA gave a shit about PC gaming they would release their games on Steam too or ported over SSX, Army of Two etc. to PC.

Same goes with MS. Viva Pinata, Gears, Halo 1, 2 etc. They all are already on PC, GFWL shuts down in july, so get them over to Steam already.

Congrats! As long as you continue to be the awesome and nice person you currently show you are, getting older will make sure the world will have a very nice old person.

Tellaerin

With age comes wisdom and serenity, so yeah, you must be getting up there. ; )

Happy birthday, my friend. Hope it's a good one. : )

fallout

It's pretty good, my only complaint is you can't hear commentary in-game.
That's rather disappointing, actually. Still, they've made some pretty great improvements to Dota TV over the past year, so I'd expect the same kind of progression.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Happy Birthday Monk!!! :D

If EA gave a shit about PC gaming they would release their games on Steam too or ported over SSX, Army of Two etc. to PC.
Man, SSX with modded out death traps and pits would be glorious.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

More life and more happy memories to recall my friend, that's all.

Crack Down is some hard shit on the Genesis collection and boy didn't Golden Axe age well.

I say it wasn't even all that good when it came out. Golden Axe's main point was how close to the arcade version it was, now how good of a beat em up it was.

tumblr_mb2hjoMYEw1ro491i.gif

If EA gave a shit about PC gaming they would release their games on Steam too

The fact that they don't release their games on Steam is for me a sign that they do care. They would not bother trying to make Origin big by having exclusives if they did not think that PC gaming was an important market.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wasn't feeling Deadly Premonition's combat in the Lumber Mill but I'm actually enjoying it now that I have more weapons at my disposal. Driving around is also better now that I memorized the map and have all the car upgrades.

I'm finding the game to be a treat after it clicked, and the Twin Peaks fan in me is pleased by all the blatant lifting. The random crashing can be pretty annoying though.

edit: happy birthday to Monk and Sarcasm!

fantomena

GGG has a Square Classics sale and I wonder if anyone knows anything/recommends any of these:

Scarygirl
Pandemonium
Battlestations midway
Battlestations Pacific
Shellshock 2
Daikatana
Project Snowblind
Deathtrap Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom