• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plug and Play

I like the Scarlet.Crush DS3 SCP Service better. DS4 to XInput had a lot of problems with dropped input in my experience.

Cousin, let's go bowling!

I've never experienced this... what are they reviewing?

Weird. DS4 appeared to work correctly with south park but when I ran walking dead the game wouldn't launch at all. 360 wired works fine and it also launched fine when I unplugged the ds4

>:D. Unsure if referring to the weapon sets or the console graphics, but still >:D.

Graphics, textures, lighting, etc. All that stuff that looks like an N64-PS2 era game. All that stuff that looks worse than anything Dark or Demon's Souls.

Weird. DS4 appeared to work correctly with south park but when I ran walking dead the game wouldn't launch at all. 360 wired works fine and it also launched fine when I unplugged the ds4

There was some weird issue with TWD and it's not just DS4s either.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/207610/discussions/0/846960628290929677/

I would assume it's because the DS4 is being wrapped in the xinput dll level that is replaced in that thread.

Teppic

rHSjcm7.png

Stop being so cranky, Humble!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres my Dark Souls steamworks patch? youre all a bunch of liars :(

I've been off steam for a while, did Starbound got a discount in the past 2 months? (since the holidays).

I already know any answer will make me sad. =\

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been off steam for a while, did Starbound got a discount in the past 2 months? (since the holidays).

I already know any answer will make me sad. =\

It was in a humble bundle for like 12 people at one point, I think that was more than two months ago though. No other sales.

UrbanRats

Is there a way to deactivate the little pop up on the bottom right corner, in steam (when entering a game)? I know all you have to do it either wait or press shift+tab but that method is rather slow and it's a little thing that really bugs me.

So far the only option i'd have is disable the steam overlay altogether, is there a way to just not have that little pop-up? I can't see an option for it.

Tizoc

Aight Yaiba OT will be up as early as tomorrow.
Just gotta decide on a subtitle...
I'll prob. go with 'Hobo Raiden's Bizarre Revengeance'

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Can someone please remind me how I ensure ModBot gives the little Desura icon in a giveaway please? I just checked the ModBot instructions but can't see it anywhere.

You just add Desura to the name of the game when you send the register message to ModBot. So for example

Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe Desura Key - XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You are too kind my friend. No matter what your handle may be, you'll never be grumpy in my mind.

Edit: I can't access store.steampowered, but the rest is up for me.

Scipius

Here's another poster child of what PC gaming is about: a hardcore World War One flight sim. There's two additional DLC keys I'll give to the winner. Good luck!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition -- MB-2D67036F407779A7

t1394999635z1.png

You are too kind my friend. No matter what your handle may be, you'll never be grumpy in my mind.

Edit: I can't access store.steampowered, but the rest is up for me.

Am I? Oh okay, I won't do it again then.

:p

Right, time to PM ModBot!

EDIT - either I broke ModBot or he can't do his thing right now as he's trussed up and getting whipped :/.

Is anyone else having issues with steam?
I'm trying to purchase Metro and it keeps giving me error 118.
This is the 3rd time steam has been slow/not working these past few weeks.
Where is Gaben?

spinner.gif

natertots

Question. Could someone help me out with a purchase? My debit card got a red flag since I used it in a town I rarely visit and now have to wait for a new one to come. I wanted to do the 2k build your own bundle 3 games for $16. I really wanted to get Civ V and Civ Gods & Kings. If anyone reputable could help me out with this I would paypal them the funds first. If they wanted I'd let them choose the 3rd game and keep it for themselves. I really wanted to play this game this evening.

Wok

Wok just beat Spelunky and all credit goes to me! 8)

During my only successful playthrough, I got a support message from mannerbot. What a coincidence.

Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel today. I didn't know that Saoirse Ronan was in it, so suddenly noticing her was amusing.

Ditto. It was a disturbing experience. I thought she would start talking about the Pat & Mat economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom