• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Looks like I'm nearing the end of the Swapper, quick skimming on YT seems to show that the game can be beaten within 3-4 hours, but non the less, having gotten it day 1, I like what I got. The isolationism still nerves me but otherwise it's good.

Anyone have a high res screenshot of the Garden with all the plants and vegetation in the background please?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like I'm nearing the end of the Swapper, quick skimming on YT seems to show that the game can be beaten within 3-4 hours, but non the less, having gotten it day 1, I like what I got. The isolationism still nerves me but otherwise it's good.

Anyone have a high res screenshot of the Garden with all the plants and vegetation in the background please?

There's this one on the store page.

JaseC

Halo hasn't been updated in months. I'm starting to get concerned.

http://steamdb.info/app/216800/#section_history

The Halo listings were made private yonks ago, after the initial discovery. All but one of those history items are just due to Valve tinkering with things on a broad scale. 343i said there'd be an update on Halo 2's MP in "early 2014" but we're fast approaching Q2 and nothing's been said -- it's already been more than a year since the original shutdown date.

Megasoum

Banned
So I finished South Park tonight and throught it was the perfect time to finally play Costume Quest which I never tried. Turns out I don't have it even if I was 100% sure that I had bought one of those double fine bundles at some point. Looks like I only have Brutal Legend... Really weird.

Jawmuncher

Thank God, hopefully that means they'll be on sale next time. last Origin sale had literally everything on sale at least 50% off.

How is deployment going Jawmuncher?

Pretty good. Still a bit away from going home but time is going by pretty fast so that helps. Only problem has been the internet, since the weather is really iffy out here currently connection is just random. Thus why I haven't been posting much.

Deadbeat

Banned
The Halo listings were made private yonks ago, after the initial discovery. All but one of those history items are just due to Valve tinkering with things on a broad scale. 343i said there'd be an update on Halo 2's MP in "early 2014" but we're fast approaching Q2 and nothing's been said -- it's already been more than a year since the original shutdown date.
Im starting to think that they were planning a Trilogy rerelease, but then MS decided to focus on PC gaming again and killed the project.

JaseC

Kuroyume

Banned
You could try maybe looking through the Steam thread when that bundle went up. Might be some copies left with modbot. I recall people being unable to give the game away since pretty much anyone who cared already had it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question for a Modbot giveaway I'll do in the future when I have more keys: GOG keys can be given away via Modbot the same way Desura keys can be given away, right?

JDHarbs

Im starting to think that they were planning a Trilogy rerelease, but then MS decided to focus on PC gaming again and killed the project.
I initially thought this as well, but then I realized just how thin 343i would've been spreading themselves with Spartan Assault, Halo Xbox One, possibly Halo 2 Anniversary, and a PC trilogy set. If a trilogy release was in the works, it has probably been postponed for the time being.

Grief.exe

Pretty good. Still a bit away from going home but time is going by pretty fast so that helps. Only problem has been the internet, since the weather is really iffy out here currently connection is just random. Thus why I haven't been posting much.

Glad to hear everything has been going pretty well.

You could try maybe looking through the Steam thread when that bundle went up. Might be some copies left with modbot. I recall people being unable to give the game away since pretty much anyone who cared already had it.
Great idea

If you're around, thanks for Mirror's Edge, Kvik

Was looking through the GIF thread

FEAR 1?
1_by_thesheerog-d718evq.gif
Is that the best FEAR to play? Is the AI as good as the old praise and reviews said it was?

Yes. And yes.

Maybe the AI was good, but I ended up finding the game very repetitive once you hit the middle and while it seemed to be an average shooter to me with a few gimmicks, I think my play of it was partially soured by the fact that I went for a couple of the harder achievements and got screwed out of them at the end.

FEAR 1?

Is that the best FEAR to play? Is the AI as good as the old praise and reviews said it was?
Yep, it holds up really well.
The only problems I've had with the original FEAR is that the environments are a bit same-y, but aside from that, the game is a blast to play.

Turning your enemies into a fine red mist with a shotgun, never gets old.

Would these mother fuckers just bundle all the Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 DLC together and give a discount on it. Never has a company tried so hard not to take our money.

JaseC

Maybe the AI was good, but I ended up finding the game very repetitive once you hit the middle and while it seemed to be an average shooter to me with a few gimmicks, I think my play of it was partially soured by the fact that I went for a couple of the harder achievements and got screwed out of them at the end.

The biggest problem the game has is the lack of locale variety. The repeated environments impact the sense of progression and you can't help but feel as though things are dragging on a bit.

Oreoleo

FEAR 1?

God, FEAR 1 is a classic. AI hasn't exactly advanced a ton in the last decade, sadly, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what it accomplishes.

I'm inclined to boot the game up right now. I've played through it probably 3 or 4 times, never gets old.

Oh and you have to play with headphones and the light's off. Rules are rules.

The biggest problem the game has is the lack of locale variety. The repeated environments impact the sense of progression and you can't help but feel as though things are dragging on a bit.

Yeah, I remember it felt like I was in the offices for like 8 years... and the rest of the game was the pre office and post office and they weren't very long. :lol

I can't remember what achievements I went for but didn't get, I should go look... I know there was one for listening to all the voicemails. Yeah, it screwed me out of the "get all voicemails" and "finish the game without finding boosters". I was originally going to go for the "don't use the "don't use slo-mo", but somewhere in interval 2 or 3 there was a section I couldn't get through without it... so I gave up on that one.

Would these mother fuckers just bundle all the Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 DLC together and give a discount on it. Never has a company tried so hard not to take our money.

Truth.

Seems like I have some catching up to do

$7.99 a good price (through GameFly) or would it go lower on Steam?

I think you can get a FEAR bundle on Steam for ridiculously cheap when the franchise goes on sale during the dailies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom