• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Finally managed to find enough spare time to boot Hell Yea. I can write two statements within my first hour of gameplay.
1) Ash is one of the dumbest, and yet most lovingly despicable anti-heroes I've played so far
2) the WTF coefficient, even after just two minutes, skyrocketed beyond the over 9k limit

I played it on PS+ when I had a PS3 and loved the first few hours Got distracted by another game so never went back, but i'm looking forward to trying it again on PC :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Braveland is a turn-based game inspired by old-school strategies with hexagonal battlefield. You will start as a humble warrior's son whose village was cruelly raided and will end as talented commander of your army.

$4.99.

Edit: A 20% discount has been applied. The game's $3.99 for the next week-and-a-bit.

Arthea

braveland.jpg
$4.99.

braveland_comics3.png
This looks charming... only I yet have to spend required 100 hours in the KB: Warriors of the North.
Will get at some point though.

cool picture.tiff

$4.99.

Wow, that banner art is really good looking, it's been a while since a game has convinced me to buy it based on the looks of the art, but this may very well make me do it.

Well, there's a distinction to make between what people are asking and what people are willing to pay. He's been trying to offload Mafia and Wolfenstein for months.

That's a good point, I know that feeling when I get a foil and try to sell it for $15~
No one wants it :'(

JaseC

This looks charming... only I yet have to spend required 100 hours in the KB: Warriors of the North.
Will get at some point though.
Wow, that banner art is really good looking, it's been a while since a game has convinced me to buy it based on the looks of the art, but this may very well make me do it.

A 20% discount was just applied so if you smash out some card idling you could probably get it for free (essentially). $4 in card money across a week is doable if you have the drops to spare.

That's a good point, I know that feeling when I get a foil and try to sell it for $15~
No one wants it :'(

Foils can be a pain in the arse to offload. Most people are content to wait weeks upon weeks for the prices to crash or someone to undercut by a (relatively) significant amount.

Turfster

You should read a RTTP/LTTP thread on Max Payne 3. With no hint of sarcasm posters will bash that script and claim the script in MP2 is perfection incarnate.

The MP2 script is lightyears ahead of the shitty Man On Fire retread with Rockstar(tm) bullshittery and posturing that MP3 gave us.

Arthea

Is that a mobile port? Sure looks like it... Wary of free-to-wait gameplay mechanics.

I must be lucky, I never stumbled on a steam game like this and I'm sure I've played at least some mobile ports.
that sounded ridiculous, didn't it? lol lucky

Arthea

you guys sound so snobbish! (><)

I know at least 3 mobile games, I would buy in a heartbeat if they were to come to PC.
I don't game on phones at all :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Was looking through the GIF thread

FEAR 1?

Is that the best FEAR to play? Is the AI as good as the old praise and reviews said it was?
F.E.A.R. signal? Here I come!

Yes. Yes. Yes. This game is a must, in my opinion.

The expansions are great too, though not canon (and pretty similar to the main game, so you may get burned on them; personally, although I really like them, I always stop at some point halfway through Extraction Point whenever I decide to replay them). The sequel is excellent too, though suffers from consolization (only one save slot, no manual saves, pop-up tips for contextual actions in the HUD). The third game has a nice co-op mode, but is an awful entry in the franchise. If it were called anything else I could have tolerated it, but as a huge fan of the previous games I can't look at it with anything else than pure hate.

The level design was bland, but the shotgun is pretty awesome.
I have to disagree here. The environments are repetitive (there's only like 3 different ones), but the level design itself is great. It works perfectly well with the AI to make the enemies seem smart. It's a linear game, sure, but it doesn't make it even worse, because it doesn't need not to be. The encounters would suffer if the level design was any different, because enemies wouldn't be able to navigate it as well as they do here (I've read a document that explained this in great detail, but sadly I don't have the link).

Sorely tempted to pull the trigger on the Max Payne collection but I dunno. I missed them the first time around. Have they aged well?
Played them again 2 years ago and to me they have, yeah. Bear in mind they are very hard, even in the lowest difficulty, so you may have to do some quicksave scumming.

The writing is fantastic in those games, as are the comic "cutscenes". Plus, the first game has a very Matrix-esque style that I appreciated a lot after watching said movie (which was a few years after playing it for the first time).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally managed to find enough spare time to boot Hell Yea. I can write two statements within my first hour of gameplay.
1) Ash is one of the dumbest, and yet most lovingly despicable anti-heroes I've played so far
2) the WTF coefficient, even after just two minutes, skyrocketed beyond the over 9k limit
No mention of the incredible soundtrack? Or the beautiful graphics? :p

EDIT: sorry for the double post

The new Groupees Clash of the World bundle - Southern Europe is coming soon.

Hidden Runaway
C-RUSH
Box Out!
Level 22: Gary's Misadventures
I'd recommend Box Out. It's a precision platfomer with swapping mechanic a la Outland, but instead of switching between two colors, you switch between multiple states. Rock lets you stick to surfaces, fire allows you to pass through hazards, rocket boosts you upward, etc. Each form has its own ability abd disadvantage and you'll have to switch between three or four different forms mid-jump

Evrain

No mention of the incredible soundtrack? Or the beautiful graphics? :p

EDIT: sorry for the double post
I was too dumbfounded wondering why in the seven hells I was inserting coins in order to call forth Space Invaders aliens to blast a Wheatley lookalike to smithereens to notice...

Chronoja

Only if the game is removed from Steam in the future: although if you buy it now it'll always count as a game as far as your profile (and library) are concerned, once it's gone F2P gift copies will be unredeemable due to the app being in sub 0. I'd been wondering lately if that were the case so I just ran a quick test by gifting my alt account a copy of the basic MQFEL Founder's Pack:

*images*

Despite the error, it's not actually a guest pass (compare its registry listing to, say, that of Rhythm Zone's guest pass).

Sorry for quoting a page back but I'm glad you tested that. I actually had a pm typed out to send to you regarding this like a week ago but didn't send it cause I didn't want to bother you. I had 2 "Super Monday Night Combat" gifts that were unredeemable when it went f2p so I figured that might end up being the case with the Epic Loot ones as well but I didn't want to risk wasting a gift. Just have to play the waiting game and hope it gets removed before they're worth trading.

Another fun fact about Last Dream
Remember those flashbacks that happen while sleeping at the inn in FF6? Those are in Last Dream too (><)

*snip*

I've been reading a lot lately (mostly here) of many borderline copyright infringing aspects of this game, does it run the risk of getting removed any time soon for this reason?

JaseC

I've been reading a lot lately (mostly here) of many borderline copyright infringing aspects of this game, does it run the risk of getting removed any time soon for this reason?

Flip a coin. The game has been available on Desura since November but there is a small chance that Squeenix just hasn't been/isn't aware of its existence.

Huh. I just noticed that some people have avatars with beanies(?) on them? What's up with that?

Infamous: Second Son hype train.

Deques

Flip a coin. The game has been available on Desura since November but there is a small chance that Squeenix just hasn't been/isn't aware of its existence.

Found this in the Steam Forums
Steam Forums said:
Ridiculous EULA
I bought the game, started to install it, then I noticed the EULA pop-up. I am one of the few people that actually reads these things, and it's because you find gems like these:

- Each licensed copy of this Software may be used on one single computer location by one user. Use of this Software means that you have loaded, installed, or run this Software on a computer or similar device. If you install this Software onto a multi-user platform, server or network, each and every individual user of this Software must be licensed separately.

^ TLDR: So if you wanted to have this installed on your gaming PC and on your laptop, sorry, you'll have to buy a 2nd copy of the game.

- You agree that White Giant RPG may collect and use information gathered in any manner as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to this Software. White Giant RPG may also use this information to provide notices to you which may be of use or interest to you.

^ TLDR: They reserve the right to spy on you and spam you with advertisements.

Infamous: Second Son hype train.
Hype hype!

The game felt like a what a genesis/mega drive game would look like if 3d never found its footing and 2d continued evolving. It was a great experience.

Arthea

Well, I thought about it, and it probably would be very hard legally to prove that they stole or copied something from SE. Everybody probably knows what this game is, but it's not literal copy of any FF game as it has its differences. Even things that are "borrowed", don't look too obvious. Well some are very obvious, chocobos for example.
OTOH SE can be unaware of this game easily. I remembered yesterday about series of flash Chocobo games that SE did nothing about in my knowledge, as games were obscure and widely not known.

Found this in the Steam Forums

Is this about Last Dream?

I don't want to be a cat :).

image.php

you know I had to (><)
or someone else would have done it

Jawmuncher

Only FEAR I ever played was 3. Was a fun coop game though I know it's not similar to the other 2 since it's mainly a generic action shooter.

JaseC

Great savings on Serious Sam 3: BFE.

Haha, yeah, some subs seem to have been overlooked.

Edit: From the Gauntlet thread:

The game will lead the launch of WB Games Vault, a direct-to-digital portfolio that will deliver paid games based on popular Warner Bros. and Midway brands, plus original IP, across multiple digital networks.

Oh.
My.
God.

SuV3cF8.jpg

Digital re-release confirmed!

Let us join hands in prayer.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haha, yeah, some subs seem to have been overlooked.

Edit: From the Gauntlet thread:

Let us join hands in prayer.

But wouldn't this sort of make getting Wheelman an empty achievement? If it becomes freely available then where's the satisfaction in finally ticking it off your list? It's like trying to climb Everest and then having someone in a helicopter giving people rides to the top.

JaseC

But wouldn't this sort of make getting Wheelman an empty achievement? If it becomes freely available then where's the satisfaction in finally ticking it off your list? It's like trying to climb Everest and then having someone in a helicopter giving people rides to the top.

I'd just replace it with something else. Like... Stubbs the Zombie, maybe, since Disney is sitting on it.

Deques

I will be so unbelievably not happy, if that proves to be the case with this game.
I might even overcome my laziness for this.
or inform SE about its existence

Please inform them, so they can have the game removed. But before you do that. Let me know so I can hoard many gift copies of it

Arthea

Please inform them, so they can have the game removed. But before you do that. Let me know so I can hoard many gift copies of it

disaster averted. Dev explained that it's bad wording, and you can install a game as many times as you need, although Eula will be changed to be more clear.

Why Disney doesn't like Steam confuses me.

what exactly Disney likes anyway? It's not only steam problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom