• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

The game felt like a what a genesis/mega drive game would look like if 3d never found its footing and 2d continued evolving. It was a great experience.
Agreed. The reference to the Chaos Emeralds had me on a trip down memory lane, when I overstrained myself to the point of throwing up trying to full clear Sonic the Hedgeog.

Why Disney doesn't like Steam confuses me.
My personal guess is either stupidity or lack of vision.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
By the way, JaseC, I now own Braveland, I gave in!

hannagoodtesdr.gif

Why Disney doesn't like Steam confuses me.

Well, to be fair, in the case of Stubbs it was pulled from both Steam and XBLA due to technical issues, but this is nothing a simple disclaimer wouldn't solve. (I've actually been thinking of e-mailing Disney Interactive and asking for a key if I were to obtain a retail copy, however I strongly doubt I'd get anywhere.) But, yeah, if nothing else I just want Lego Pirates on Steam, Mr. Mouse.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My Disney conspiracy theory: they dislike the idea of products being available indefinitely and not being able to remove and re-release them later at full price.

Jawmuncher

My Disney conspiracy theory: they dislike the idea of products being available indefinitely and not being able to remove and re-release them later at full price.

Fuck Disney they never made Turok 2 and they closed propaganda games.
Your theory is probably right though, jerks sitting on all sorts of games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Only FEAR I ever played was 3. Was a fun coop game though I know it's not similar to the other 2 since it's mainly a generic action shooter.
This is worse than only watching Episodes 1-3.

Or only listening to Ummagumma.

Or only reading the last chapter of Harry Potter 7.

Knurek

Ewwwww.
Was never a fan of the N64 Turok games aside from Turok 3s MP mode where you could have raptors versus humans with spears. Though I liked Turok Evolution so I dunno what's wrong with me.

I was actually talking about the GBC demake. Amazing music by Alberto Jose Gonzales as well. ;)

JaseC

You don't keep the games you don't play installed?

I really ought to clear out my installed list of junk games I've zero intention of loading. Most of them are relics from back when I only bought what I thought I'd play and thus could keep my entire library installed.

Arthea

Why would you want that? I heard it was terrible. And considering my limited experience with Suda51, I'm inclined to believe it.

Where have you heard it's terrible? I think it's best received Suda game. I've heard mostly positive things about, what's incredible for Suda's game.

Jawmuncher

This is worse than only watching Episodes 1-3.

Or only listening to Ummagumma.

Or only reading the last chapter of Harry Potter 7.

Yeah I Kuwait I plan to get to them eventually. Tried to play FEAR1 but FPS was all over the place on my laptop.

I was actually talking about the GBC demake. Amazing music by Alberto Jose Gonzales as well. ;)

I see. I've never played the GBC or GBA games. Though I heard that they were pretty good for what they were.
Never heard of Albert Jose Gonzales though I'll fix that.

Family sharing question in regards to Saints Row IV... Since I've heard that it's allowed for this game, how come I'm unable to see it on my girlfriend's account? We're in the same home and network too.

The only catch is that I have an American account and she has a Canadian account. I'm currently in Canada at the moment. I don't know if that matters. Thanks for your help guys.

Also, is Defense Technica worth it? I've heard some meh things about the game.

Jawmuncher

Where have you heard it's terrible? I think it's best received Suda game. I've heard mostly positive things about, what's incredible for Suda's game.

Lollipop Chainsaw isn't bad but it gets repetitive a bit easily. Thankfully the story and characters with all of the craziness pushes you forward.

Who owns Shadows of the Damned is it EA?
Because that's easily Sudas most enjoyable game for the masses.

Deques

Family sharing question in regards to Saints Row IV... Since I've heard that it's allowed for this game, how come I'm unable to see it on my girlfriend's account? We're in the same home and network too.

The only catch is that I have an American account and she has a Canadian account. I'm currently in Canada at the moment. I don't know if that matters. Thanks for your help guys.

Have you done all the authorization process?

Lunaniem

Lollipop Chainsaw isn't bad but it gets repetitive a bit easily. Thankfully the story and characters with all of the craziness pushes you forward.

Shadows of the Damned was an EA Partners game so I believe Suda owns it.

zeroOman

To make it work u should login to each other acc and authorized the pc.

Arthea

oh ya, my bad, forgot about Shadows of the Damned, it is better liked than LC.

JaseC

Grasshopper. It's an EA Partners game, which in theory allows the developer to keep the IP while enjoying the benefits of EA backing the project, but in reality the latter only applies to Crysis and Titanfall.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you want that? I heard it was terrible. And considering my limited experience with Suda51, I'm inclined to believe it.
I want it just because it's from Suda51. I loved both No More Heroes and really liked Liberation Maiden, so I'm eager to play more of his games.

JaseC

Try de-authorising and re-authorising the system. It should definitely be in the list:

sr43gjed.jpg

Arthea

I want it just because it's from Suda51. I loved both No More Heroes and really liked Liberation Maiden, so I'm eager to play more of his games.

I mostly want that Bergamo game on steam, dunno what's different about it, but I know I want it, irrationally. (><)

Tizoc

I want it because it was a fun game that I enjoyed. I like Suda51's games for their wackiness, ridiculousness and simple but fun gameplay.
You're prob. too much of a 'serious' gamer to appreciate his craziness =/

Jawmuncher

Shadows of the Damned was an EA Partners game so I believe Suda owns it.
Grasshopper. It's an EA Partners game, which in theory allows the developer to keep the IP while enjoying the benefits of EA backing the project, but in reality the latter only applies to Crysis and Titanfall.

Ahh ok. Looks like our inky hope on that one is if killer is Dead does well on Steam.
Pretty sure SotD is a Unreal engine as well.

This might help
Pretty much my favorite Game Boy composer.

Thanks.

Most of my friends who played it, even those that like some of the other Suda51 games, seem to have negative things to say about it for the most part. I think Uraizen played it and he wasn't a big fan when all was said and done.

My experience with Suda51 is limited to about 20 minutes of No More Heroes on Wii and 3 playthroughs of SotD, which went from average to "I hate this game" after having to do 2 extra playthroughs because difficulty trophies didn't stack. >_<

I'm interested in Killer is Dead though.

I want it because it was a fun game that I enjoyed. I like Suda51's games for their wackiness, ridiculousness and simple but fun gameplay.
You're prob. too much of a 'serious' gamer to appreciate his craziness =/

I had been interested in checking out Lollipop at some point if my friends who have some similar tastes But then they bought it on release and the two or three of them that played it didn't really give it glowing reviews.
Shadows of the Damned was a mediocre RE4 clone to me with some funny but mostly obnoxious humour. I'd think more positively of it if I hadn't tried to platinum it probably, but what's done is done. :p

Tizoc

Most of my friends who played it, even those that like some of the other Suda51 games, seem to have negative things to say about it for the most part. I think Uraizen played it and he wasn't a big fan when all was said and done.

My experience with Suda51 is limited to about 20 minutes of No More Heroes on Wii and 3 playthroughs of SotD, which went from average to "I hate this game" after having to do 2 extra playthroughs because difficulty trophies didn't stack. >_<

I'm interested in Killer is Dead though.

I had been interested in checking out Lollipop at some point if my friends who have some similar tastes But then they bought it on release and the two or three of them that played it didn't really give it glowing reviews.
Shadows of the Damned was a mediocre RE4 clone to me with some funny but mostly obnoxious humour. I'd think more positively of it if I hadn't tried to platinum it probably, but what's done is done. :p

I Platinum'ed Shadows of the Damned too, never knowing it's gameplay is based on RE4. Still enjoyed it and I would love to get back into it again, but am somewhat holding out for a PC/Steam release =P

Killer is Dead's combat is simple and is a short but fun romp.

derExperte

After platinuming Shadows and playing through Lollipop three times I'd give them the same rating, if someone enjoyed one I'd be surprised if he disliked the other.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Edit: From the Gauntlet thread:

Let us join hands in prayer.
Given your history with that game, it'll totally be a weird rerelease
new independent sub, region locked, unavailable in australia or something like that :p
what exactly Disney likes anyway? It's not only steam problem
It is weird, they could just put all the Lucasarts catalogue and enjoy the free money.

Well, to be fair, in the case of Stubbs it was pulled from both Steam and XBLA due to technical issues, but this is nothing a simple disclaimer wouldn't solve. (I've actually been thinking of e-mailing Disney Interactive and asking for a key if I were to obtain a retail copy, however I strongly doubt I'd get anywhere.) But, yeah, if nothing else I just want Lego Pirates on Steam, Mr. Mouse.
I never understood why that one was the single Lego game unavailable on PC/Steam. Was a reason ever given?

Except that they have been adding a lot of stuff to Netflix, and their new Disney Movies Anywhere app, so it seems they are being quite inconsistent with their digital catalogues...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dr. Who: The Adventure Games - $17.99 (10% off)
header_292x136.jpg

Season 1 and episode 5 were in the Groupees Holiday Helpings bundle.

I played through these when they were first released. They're pretty janky, but were pretty short and kinda fun picking up the collectibles and such. Plus it's voiced by the actors from the show, so it's worth playing through if you're a Doctor Who fan.

It looks like they also added Steam achievements and Trading Cards. Definitely going to be playing through this again.

Grief.exe

I didn't even know what Killer is Dead's gameplay consisted of until the other day when I was watching a youtube video.
When the game was initially released the Journalism force was so focused on the 'disgusting treatment of women' in the dating game that I assumed that was the entire game.

Video game journalism is fucking frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom