• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Yup, the combat is like a too-shallow God Hand-lite and it's an auto-platformer but the world design is simply amazing. Remember Me has such a beautiful and well realised world. That alone makes it worth the 10$ admission, or it did for me.
Ya, but you play as a gurl. Eww.
kidding!

Arthea

I have some PoP games on Uplay and some DRM free, and now I'm contemplating buying them all again on steam.
I really need someone unjasec me, pronto.

It'd be interesting to compare the popularity of a Uplay-exclusive bundle versus another that also provided Steam keys.

Edit: Oops, forgot to switch tabs.

I think we can guess this one, but as it's HB bundle, wouldn't it have and steam and uplay keys? I mean in the same bundle.

Parsnip

Sands of Time trilogy is great.
PoP08 is different but still great.

And I should really play Forgotten Sands some day. Looks like I own it.

Bought PoP 200whatver it was. I played Warrior Within And Sands Of Time on the PS2 and didn't like them nearly as much as Sands Of Within was praised for, not to mention WW being shitty for variety of other reasons.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have some PoP games on Uplay and some DRM free, and now I'm contemplating buying them all again on steam.
I really need someone unjasec me, pronto.

Come to the dark side! The water's fine.

I think we can guess this one, but as it's HB bundle, wouldn't it have and steam and uplay keys? I mean in the same bundle.

Most likely.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Remember with Prince of Persia 2008 that it's not a "you can't die and therefore it's too easy" game, it's a "go for perfect parkour runs and not mess up" almost like a rhythm game or doing great at a Batman Arkham combat (in terms of how it feels to get the actions done right, they don't share combat at all) moment where it all goes correctly and not a flaw was to be seen. Aye you aren't penalised greatly for messing up, but it's better looking and more satisfying when it get it done exactly right and can maintain a good sense of speed running from area to area.

Look around the world. It's a beautiful world, especially once all the colour comes through. Not just at the stage level, but the background, the small little touches of flowers in a recess of a cliff, the vistas through a haze, the sun shining, and so forth.

Also I highly suggest and recommend, using that talk button between the Prince and Elika often through the game. I found the title to be one of the best platonic relationships in videogames story and dialogue wise, and it's because of the chatter between the two as you go through the game. They start off as complete strangers and as time goes on grow closer and closer to each other where a pivotal scene of trust is made so much better by the player noticing they have actually shared each other's thoughts and opinions with each other.

Lastly, and I am in the minority in this, but I recommend playing right to when the credits end. To me it's a far more poignant story without the very last "moment" that tries to be a hook for a sequel, and no to the epilogue at all.

Keys for this game are now up in the Indiegala Dwarves bundle

Ah lucky number 13, perfect for such a game. Many thanks my friend.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
"Zombies Versus Unicorns - An Anthology"

mmmhhh

bundle bought :p

edit: i like the ebook bundles... new stuff for my kindle

Arthea

e-book bundle?
I totally blame Panda, what a jinx lol

edited: it was Panda who posted that it'll be e-book bundle, wasn't it?

Also don't buy Remember Me's DLC. It was a shitty pre-order bonus, you basically get three Street Fighter moves for your combo lab. It's not really worth the discounted asking price.

Your friend's pants are on fire.

*shrugs* I played it in french, seemed appropriate. I do intend to replay the game again some day so I can give the english language dub a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom