• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjc571

Banned
IIRC you have to manually set the bindings in the advanced options.

Just look up the control scheme for the xbox/ps2 version and use that as a reference.

That's the thing, it won't even recognize the controller when I try to manually set the bindings.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Hosts IMDB score.

I almost regret paying to see it. Almost. I'd be surprised if Niccol ever directs a $30m+ production again, which is appropriate considering his post-Gatacca output (Lord of War aside), but also depressing as he showed so much promise with his aforementioned directorial debut.

Is this region-free? If there's no issues with region and such, I think I'll bite.

Yes.

louiedog

Off-topic, but all these Saoirse Ronan pics are reminding me how exciting I am for Grand Budapest Hotel.

I saw it over the weekend and it was really great. Ralph Fiennes was amazing, the humor was some of the best in any Anderson movie, and the incredible locations really lended to his visual style. I'm excited to see it again when it's available at home.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Can't load it yet... :(
And yes, I got it from a trader for 24$.

Good job! :) Same here, I paid around £15 for it so I can blind buy for that type of price plus tbh when it comes to action games, regardless of who makes them, I find it hard to take critics seriously. Doesn't mean it'll be any good though but at least it'll be at 60fps :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Off-topic, but all these Saoirse Ronan pics are reminding me how exciting I am for Grand Budapest Hotel.

AFAIK, Saoirse is never off-topic in the Steam thread.

Anyway, I'm working on getting Steam's HTML5 video player working. It sure seems weird that Valve would go through all the trouble in implementing this system without a way to enable it. If you browse Steam in a browser without Flash, you simply get the message "You need the latest Flash player..." etc etc.

I've got it working now, but it only currently works on pages that have exactly one video, which seems to be about 90-95% of all the pages I've checked so far.

Their HTML5 player is butter smooth, it's a shame it won't be usable without Enhanced Steam.

I never heard of any of those books on the Humble Bundle. Are any of them good? I've been on a shopping spree for ebooks recently.

Regarding Steam: Valve seemed to have removed the ability to show Early Access Games with the checkbox.

3 weeks to go before it starts screening here.

I actually work at a theater and personally set it up to play, so now we just have to wait til we get confirmation on when we can play it.

I certainly hope it isn't 3 weeks haha

I saw it over the weekend and it was really great. Ralph Fiennes was amazing, the humor was some of the best in any Anderson movie, and the incredible locations really lended to his visual style. I'm excited to see it again when it's available at home.

Good to hear! Anderson has been on a roll, hope he can keep it up!

JaseC

Regarding Steam: Valve seemed to have removed the ability to show Early Access Games with the checkbox.

I don't think it was exactly intentional, anyway. More likely is that Valve was just ensuring Early Access games were displaying correctly so it could move the functionality to a dedicated tickbox.

dancexioum.gif

SHE'S ON FIRE

Grief.exe

Anyway, I'm working on getting Steam's HTML5 video player working. It sure seems weird that Valve would go through all the trouble in implementing this system without a way to enable it. If you browse Steam in a browser without Flash, you simply get the message "You need the latest Flash player..." etc etc.

I've got it working now, but it only currently works on pages that have exactly one video, which seems to be about 90-95% of all the pages I've checked so far.

Their HTML5 player is butter smooth, it's a shame it won't be usable without Enhanced Steam.

That is an amazing feature for Enhanced Steam.

Parsnip

Remember with Prince of Persia 2008 that it's not a "you can't die and therefore it's too easy" game, it's a "go for perfect parkour runs and not mess up" almost like a rhythm game or doing great at a Batman Arkham combat (in terms of how it feels to get the actions done right, they don't share combat at all) moment where it all goes correctly and not a flaw was to be seen. Aye you aren't penalised greatly for messing up, but it's better looking and more satisfying when it get it done exactly right and can maintain a good sense of speed running from area to area.

Look around the world. It's a beautiful world, especially once all the colour comes through. Not just at the stage level, but the background, the small little touches of flowers in a recess of a cliff, the vistas through a haze, the sun shining, and so forth.

Also I highly suggest and recommend, using that talk button between the Prince and Elika often through the game. I found the title to be one of the best platonic relationships in videogames story and dialogue wise, and it's because of the chatter between the two as you go through the game. They start off as complete strangers and as time goes on grow closer and closer to each other where a pivotal scene of trust is made so much better by the player noticing they have actually shared each other's thoughts and opinions with each other.

Lastly, and I am in the minority in this, but I recommend playing right to when the credits end. To me it's a far more poignant story without the very last "moment" that tries to be a hook for a sequel, and no to the epilogue at all.

I like this post a lot.

I also like PoP08 a lot. I bought a boxed PC copy back when it released, then later when I got a 360, I also grabbed another copy of the game and proceeded to 1000G it. And then I also bought the Steam version later.

The early real world part in AssBro where Desmond and Lucy are
parkouring under the Monteriggioni
, reminded me a lot of PoP08. Desmond and Lucy chatter wasn't quite as good as Prince and Elika, and the section is pretty short in the end, but I'll take what I can get. Nolan North probably contributed to that feeling.

Bought Prince of Persia. Thinking about buying either SASRT on Humble Store or Outland on Playstation Store. Hmmm...

The wait for the Blu-ray-release is gonna kill me.

And I see that this caught on, great.

Now to start wishing that we could embed videos in our posts!

AFAIK, Saoirse is never off-topic in the Steam thread.

And when are we getting this update?

Good job! :) Same here, I paid around £15 for it so I can blind buy for that type of price plus tbh when it comes to action games, regardless of who makes them, I find it hard to take critics seriously. Doesn't mean it'll be any good though but at least it'll be at 60fps :p

I found it's attitude and premise amusing ... so if it plays like a decent action game and entertains me along the way, I'm good.

I remember when the reviewers got ahold of MGR:R, which I thought was almost perfection in terms of the core gameplay/combat, and complained about everything from top to bottom givving it anywhere from like 3s to 7s. And here I thought it was at least a 9 and it was my GOTY for 2013.

Someday I'll make a game called "Bionic Dudes" and it'll be rad as fuck.

The sequel to the NES/Arcade classic Bad Dudes where the main characters are indeed bad enough dudes to get cyborg implants and attempt to rescue the president of the intergalactic federation of planets!

JaseC

Soairse is the Mockinjay?

that explains so much

Fun fact: She was among those shortlisted for Katniss. I want to visit the alternate universe in which she didn't lose out to Jennifer IhaventputonagoodperformancesinceWinter'sBone-rence.

Someday I'll make a game called "Bionic Dudes" and it'll be rad as fuck.

For a 10% share of the revenue you can use my Greenlight access. ;) Speaking of, I've been wondering lately if those who've paid the SGSF will get a special badge when Valve abolishes Greenlight in favour of autonomous self-publishing. It'd be nice if something came of that ~$100 fee as it certainly didn't get me to 2000 games!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That is an amazing feature for Enhanced Steam.

I can't take all the credit on this one. Valve has a good video player already, Enhanced Steam just lets you use it. :)

And when are we getting this update?

If all goes well it should be released in the next few days.

Fun fact: She was among those shortlisted for Katniss. I want to visit the alternate universe in which she didn't lose out to Jennifer IhaventputonagoodperformancesinceWinter'sBone-rence.

I assume in that alternate universe they didn't film American Hustle.

Fun fact: She was among those shortlisted for Katniss. I want to visit the alternate universe in which she didn't lose out to Jennifer IhaventputonagoodperformancesinceWinter'sBone-rence.!

HEY NOW

I will agree her presence was weird in American Hustle though.

Arthea

.... and steam is deader than dead again.
please don't post tuesday, for the love of sanity

link probably won't work now, but that's a nice looking game, isn't it?

edited: and steam is back!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, Activision is removing all GH DLC from the stores... what are the odds some games are pulled from Steam as well?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Time to stock up then!
j/k I'll only buy one of each... if that

nampad

Well, at least you didn't say Silver Linings Playbook!

Don't act so shocked. ;) If it weren't her first theatrical release since Hanna I probably would have regretted seeing it in theatres, haha.

I watched How I Live Now the other day because of you JaseC. Just had to watch a movie with her ;)
Didn't really like it though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
so you admit to watching the host

:O

An hour or so, maybe? I never really kept track of maintenance.

edit: oh now it's down again i guess and it's not maintenance time so iono
Oh, so this was meant to be a maintenance day but went down early? I'm offline on the community at the moment.

M.D

is steam down or something? said I was disconnected to steam, now when I try to relaunch it says I don't have an internet connection

def sim

Don't act so shocked. ;) If it weren't her first theatrical release since Hanna I probably would have regretted seeing it in theatres, haha.

In the theatres, even! :p

Oh, so this was meant to be a maintenance day but went down early? I'm offline on the community at the moment.

I'm assuming it isn't down for maintenance. It has usually been around the evening here in EDT land.

JaseC

I watched How I Live Now the other day because of you JaseC. Just had to watch a movie with her ;)

I liked it overall. The second half, which does a good job of developing the relationship between Daisy and Piper, is better than the rather rushed first, which does a very poor job of establishing the relationship between Daisy and Eddy as the heart of the film.

jshackles

Still seeing flash.

Sorry I guess I should have clarified - once I push the code I'm working on to the development branch, it'll be there. :p

Should've waited for The Grand Budapest Hotel. :p

If serious, you can always clone the development repository and side-load it into Chrome.

https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/tree/dev

You underestimate the depth of my inability to motivate myself. My laziness outweighs my curiosity here. ;P

--

I can't get Danmaku to work with a controller... even though it claims "full controller support". I didn't see anything in the options either. WTF?

Anteater

Just finished gta4

Overall the gunplay is kind of terrible, dude controls like poo poo while it's way better on keyboard/mouse because of better and more precise aiming, it's.. not really too fun. Checkpoints are... there are no checkpoints, a lot of missions have the rubber banding chase sequences, in general the missions are pretty much the same, a lot of glitches, shooting npcs/cars that you're suppose to chase usually is a waste of ammos because they're invincible, the end was rushed and why the fuck is kate my waifu, and holy shit JUST GET ON THE FUCKING BOAT ALREADY NIKO I'M PRESSING F you and your fucking shitty animations. And holy shit why the fuck did that npc just died and why in the flying fuck do I have to drive all the way back.

All in all the world is pretty well made and I really enjoy driving around doing shit, I don't really have anything to say about the story because it's just kind of there.

Well anyway, I'll give the game a 12 out of 10.

def sim

ModBot said:
Instructions for thrillho:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NBA2K14 -- MB-1E9723FCD441C1F9 - Taken by nightstorm. 23 entrants total.

t1395171406z1.png

Enjoy some basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom