• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To everyone who thanked me for the keys: No worries. :)

Are...are you a wizard?

The discount has been applied an hour early. Unsurprisingly, the DLC is still full price.

Edit: I'll offer a reminder that despite what the Eastern European store pages say, Remember Me's RU/CIS sub is in fact not region-locked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Forcing Nvidia's ambient occlusion in Batman Arkham Asylum makes a massive difference compared to the in-game AO settings. Feels good to be green.

def sim

I would jump on Remember Me if I didn't just buy a bunch of video games to play this week.

That said, Ground Zeroes should have been on PC. Silly Konami.

Started Brothers to continue the feels.gif trip.
Controller scheme so far makes my brain hurt (and I played Cookie & Cream on PS2).

As far as my experience, the" feels" of Brothers mostly consisted of frustration, annoyance, cliche, and predictable.

As far as an actual story that evoked some sort of emotion/feeling? To the Moon has it and Brothers does not.

Them Yaiba reviews =V
I wonder if the game had development problems...

Reviews are pointless, especially those from mainstream outlets.

Good thing no one will buy it blind thanks to the price.

I blind bought it! Surprise!

Are...are you a wizard?

Nabs wizard needs food badly.

Grief.exe

I would jump on Remember Me if I didn't just buy a bunch of video games to play this week.

That said, Ground Zeroes should have been on PC. Silly Konami.

I would be very surprised if MGSV did not release day one on PC. Ground Zeroes content will be included with that release, so we shouldn't miss much.

Not sure if I should jump on Thief for 37,5$ on Amazon or the Master Edition for 40$ on Newegg. How is Newegg for Europeans?

It was around $25-$30 before it was even released. Price on that game is expected to drop like a stone as well.

r3n4ud

Not sure if I should jump on Thief for 37,5$ on Amazon or the Master Edition for 40$ on Newegg. How is Newegg for Europeans?
I'd wait a little longer. Squeenix games drop in price quickly. And not as if it's a must-play game to play now according to user reviews.

def sim

I would be very surprised if MGSV did not release day one on PC. Ground Zeroes content will be included with that release, so we shouldn't miss much.

This is my expectation, as well. Kojima wanting a PC release says as much, anyway.

Ground Zeroes is, straight up, the prologue to V so a GZ+V combo would make perfect sense.

Jshackles, I have a very strange bug with the add custom funds to steam wallet function.

Try to add custom funds, won't work, give in, add the $5.00 it defaults to.
Purchase completes.
Go back into add custom funds, add remaining balance, find that it now works.

This happened the last time I traded with keys and it's just happened to me again now.
Chrome, of course, with the latest ES.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kairo -- MB-D56E5FD3E4784810 - Taken by nature boy
Bionic Dues -- MB-B124391C3579B2F7 - Taken by natertots
Gravity Badgers -- MB-3FA6FB5A1FA53B9D - Taken by fantomena
Knytt Underground -- MB-8E3EC5B9989487A9 - Taken by Saty

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackles, I have a very strange bug with the add custom funds to steam wallet function.

Try to add custom funds, won't work, give in, add the $5.00 it defaults to.
Purchase completes.
Go back into add custom funds, add remaining balance, find that it now works.

This happened the last time I traded with keys and it's just happened to me again now.
Chrome, of course, with the latest ES.

There is currently a bug in the 5.9 code, that's been fixed in the dev version of 6.0. Valve made a change that caused one of the values to change type, so Enhanced Steam checks to see if your value is above the minimum amount.

Originally, it would see "5.00" as 5 and (for example) "14.95" as 14.95. It properly converted the values to numbers.

Since the change they made, it makes "5.00" into "5.00" (a string value) and "14.95" into "14.95" (also a string value). When Enhanced Steam does it's determination and sees that "5.00" > "14.95" ("5" is higher than "1") and causes the value to revert. However, if you type in "9.99" it'll see that as "9.99" > "5.00" ("9" is higher than "5") and allow it.

Sorry for the long explanation. Anyway, Enhanced Steam 6.0 should be available later this week if all goes well. In order to fix this sort of thing going forward, I've simply removed this check in Enhanced Steam. If you enter an incorrect amount, the checkout process will throw an error.

What is wrong with the people making the backgrounds for the Deus Ex trading card crafts. They don't ever properly gradient them leaving a hard seam in all of them.

This would've been cool if it didn't just abruptly end.

77bdab4d10ea3051062d162d3dcadbd51be4fc7f.jpg

GaussTek

Whaaat? Guys, it's obvious that the Rockstar bundle is next, along with GTA V for PC announcement.

(yeah, sorry again, I can't stop dreaming).

wazoo

People would still complain it's too expensive :/

For anyone not a Nintendo fanboy, it would be in the PC space.

15$ for a digital relase, add 10$ for Nintendo royalties, and 5-10$ for DVD packaging and distribution to compare to the retail price. This is barely a discount price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom