• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Actually a serious question:

With the alluded success of PSN+, what do you think are the chances of Valve pulling a similar thing, and requiring all current users to pay a monthly fee for access to their current library?

I'm not talking about a monthly payment to access the everything-goes sub, just stuff you have bought previously.

Simple change in the SSA would force us to either comply (and pay up) or lose access to our libraries - exactly as was the case with that 'waiving the rights for class action lawsuit' SSA kerfluffle two years ago.

What do you think? If not now, maybe in a few years (or, more realistically, after Gaben is no more the head of company). With all the self-publishing push (and implied loss of actual store sales since the devs can generate an infinite amount of keys with no Valve cut), Valve might need this to recouple hosting/server costs.

Don't ever see it happening. I mean, even with PS+, you always had the option of buying games on PSN to add them to your library permanently. Sony didn't try to hold everyone's existing library hostage by switching over everything to "games as a service". Valve wouldn't either.

Whether or not Valve would ever consider implementing PS+ style subscription program themselves is another question. It'd be an interesting way to add value to Steam Machines.

Pachimari

Ugh, missed all the Ubisoft sales and the Dragon Age - Origins sale by 10 minutes.

Got myself Indie Game: The Movie and its DLC anyway.

What are gaffers impression of PayDay 2?

gc_1390656779_407.png

[$1 for War of the Human Tanks
https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Highly recommended to everyone. Especially since the cost for it will be covered by the current price of cards it has.

It says 10 but thats just the recommended buy price.

I second that idea. Also don't forget to check 100% Orange Juice and 99 Spirits from the same guys.

Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Bundle is currently worth $4.29 USD in the Brazilian Steam Story, not sure if it's a glitch or not.

Edit: Nevermind they fixed it.

2K must like Brazil, it seems they always mess the brazilian price somehow and put it bellow the correct price.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so, personally, but setting aside that question entirely it's $2.99 for basically 10 versions of the same thing--I can guarantee you that the number you'll play will either be 0 or 1 so you're better off waiting for the next sale on the game (which happens pretty much weekly) and just getting one of them for $0.99 or less.
I think I own most of them, but haven't tried any. From what I've seen they look similar to Uplink, though I've heard the latter is better. I liked that one, but I was always discovered pretty fast so I never even reached the beginning of the storyline.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dude what has been going on with Steam the last week and a half. Almost every time I've gone to Steam its been down.

Arthea

Dude what has been going on with Steam the last week and a half. Almost every time I've gone to Steam its been down.

Half li, no, forget that. We decided it's all out attack by uplay and origin, that's why valve pretends it's not happening

KarmaCow

Regarding the talk about the USF4 upgrade pricing, Capcom has already announced the prices for the game:

Digital Upgrade Version: August 2014 – $14.99/€14.99
Digital Full Version: August 2014 – $29.99/€29.99

So I guess all owners of the SSF4 will get a coupon, or is there some other way?

Nah you probably wont need a coupon. A recent example is the Human Revolution Director's Cut where if you had the original version, it would automatically be discounted in the store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nothing in my inbox. Boo-urns.

Regarding the talk about the USF4 upgrade pricing, Capcom has already announced the prices for the game:

Digital Upgrade Version: August 2014 – $14.99/€14.99
Digital Full Version: August 2014 – $29.99/€29.99

So I guess all owners of the SSF4 will get a coupon, or is there some other way?

It's possible for publishers to set a discount if Steam detects that the user owns a specific app. This is what Squeenix did with the Director's Cut of DE:HR (those who own DE:HR get 50% off while those who also own The Missing Link get 75% off) and it's the same approach I expect Capcom to take.

Edit: Beaten.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Wow, Payday 2 is 30GB, didn't expect that. Anyway if anybody is interested in buying a 4-pack, let me know

aku:jiki

Just bought the bundle and it is indeed separate keys. That's a bundle for me too, I love rhythm games and all of them are on my wishlist!

Arthea

I need to know are those tier keys or separate?
edited: already answered.

Best Humble Bundle

if you are serious, I have all lower tier games, is higher tier worth that price? I'm not into rhythm games that much.
Well, I like some, but those in bundle don't strike me as particularly interesting.

Perfect. This gives MS time to make a WinStore client, with Forza 5 being the first of many exclusives. ;)

that's so mean, I know at once it's your post. (><)
You don't even need an avy!

Tizoc

Anyone have impressions Influent? Like can it be used to get a handle of the English language if its your 2nd Language?

Arthea

Anyone have impressions Influent? Like can it be used to get a handle of the English language if its your 2nd Language?

I would like to know about it too, but concerning Japanese. Is it any helpful and fun enough to keep playing-learning?

Nabs

I need to know are those tier keys or separate?
edited: already answered.

if you are serious, I have all lower tier games, is higher tier worth that price? I'm not into rhythm games that much.
Well, I like some, but those in bundle don't strike me as particularly interesting.

This bundle is great for people who don't own any of the games and like music games. Audiosurf/Beat Hazard/Sequence would be a great pick up for anyone.

derExperte

The three are considered to be among the best in the genre and Beat Hazard is much more a shooter than a rhythm game while Retro/Grade looks like a shooter but plays in reverse. Both are must plays imo, no matter where they belong. Audiosurf is unique too. A 10/10 bundle if I had to give a rating.

Copons

A humble spare key from a humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-D87C6C0303450D31 - Taken by Sub Zero

Also, kinda underwhelming PayPal Gaming Sale
still locked on 00days 00h00m00s here :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's so mean, I know at once it's your post. (><)
You don't even need an avy!

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if MS had another stab at the market with its own half-baked idea. I'm still waiting on ilomilo+ to make the jump from the WinStore to Steam...

Arthea

The three are considered to be among the best in the genre and Beat Hazard is much more a shooter than a rhythm game while Retro/Grade looks like a shooter but plays in reverse. Both are must plays imo, no matter where they belong. Audiosurf is unique too. A 10/10 bundle if I had to give a rating.

That's exactly how it looks to me, that two are shooters and I'm not sure about Audiosurf, it can be fun, but I somehow have my doubts.
But if you rate it THAT high, I'll go and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom