• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three are considered to be among the best in the genre and Beat Hazard is much more a shooter than a rhythm game while Retro/Grade looks like a shooter but plays in reverse. Both are must plays imo, no matter where they belong. Audiosurf is unique too. A 10/10 bundle if I had to give a rating.

You could probably pick up the three top tier games for <6$ during the next Steam sale.

Beat Hazard is the best of the three, but can get kind of repetitive because there's not a lot of enemy variety... I think I've played it the most out of any of the top tier. Retro/Grade I wanted to like... but it just doesn't work for me. I was bored within 2 levels and quit playing. Audiosurf never really clicked for me either.

random

Nah you probably wont need a coupon. A recent example is the Human Revolution Director's Cut where if you had the original version, it would automatically be discounted in the store.

It's possible for publishers to set a discount if Steam detects that the user owns a specific app. This is what Squeenix did with the Director's Cut of DE:HR (those who own DE:HR get 50% off while those who also own The Missing Link get 75% off) and it's the same approach I expect Capcom to take.

Edit: Beaten.

Thank you, I heard of the DE:HRDC discount, but thought that was handled using coupons.
I guess the publishers would prefer it this way because those that have the game, but do not want to upgrade, can't give the discount to someone else.

I managed to select a game I already had, from the latest Build a Bundle. So:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LEGENDS OF AETHEREUS -- MB-196B77355B196F85 - Taken by Cyberquake
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-9CF078EF160F817B - Taken by devo1989

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just a heads up. GMG is running the same discount on Payday 2. Don't know if you can get any coupons to work on it though

A humble spare key from a humble bundle.

Also, kinda underwhelming PayPal Gaming Sale
still locked on 00days 00h00m00s here :(

Thanks for the game!

maty

Humble Rhythm Games bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Symphony
  • Sequence
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
TIER 2: 6$
  • Audiosurf
  • Beat Hazard Ultra
  • Retro/Grade

Great bundle. Only missing Symphony so I'll probably buy the lower tier.

I got 4/6 of the games already. Not sure if I want to jump on this humble. I do want Retro/Grade

If you only want Retro/Grade it has been as low as $2.50 in the last sales. Bought it for myself and gifted a few copies. Fantastic game. A little short on tracks but the challenges make up for it and you have 6 difficulty levels which adds replay value.

derExperte

That's exactly how it looks to me, that two are shooters and I'm not sure about Audiosurf, it can be fun, but I somehow have my doubts.
But if you rate it THAT high, I'll go and buy it.

Retro/Grade isn't a shoot'em'up, you can play it with a guitar. :) And I put it in my top 10 2013, if it clicks it really clicks.

Copons

Yeah I'm not even going to report on that one.
2SHADY.

Yeah, I was reading about its shadyness sometime earlier today or yesterday, but I actually couldn't understand why.

I mean, the domain seems legit (its index redirects to paypal.com/fr), Chrome says identity verified for "PayPal, Inc. [US]" which is the same of paypal.com, and I really don't get how a shady thingy could get into a first-level folder of PayPal site, with a count down pointing to a scam, without PayPal itself being aware of it.

Or else... are you implying that PayPal itself is a scam? :D
In which case I just don't know really (except for its bad moral decisions every now and then, but they shouldn't define it as "shady").

derExperte

Damn, thankfully I never used Origin to buy anything, mainly Amazon to get codes.

Apparently you had to go to the phishing site and enter your details so everyone else should be safe, they didn't get any of the data EA has. At least that's how it looks right now.

Amzin

Rafy

Apparently the cause was EA forgetting to update their web calendar app.

Paul Mutton, from Netcraft, the internet security company that uncovered the hack, said in a blog that it was likely a vulnerability in an online calendar application hosted on the web server had been exploited by the attackers.

The calendar based on the web server was an old version of software that had since been updated, he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-13846031

aku:jiki

Yep. Big scam.

Turns out eBay was playing the most costly long con ever.
It really is impressive. Spend 15 years and several million dollars running a successful business only to turn around and steal from a few customers and make a quick 50 grand or so. A genius plan, indeed! The founders will be able to run off with two, maybe even three, months rent!

Some of y'all need to exercise some common sense here, come on.

fantomena

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BattleBlock Theatre now also has a store page. The list of features is certainly rather extensive:

Single-player
Multi-player
Cross-Platform Multiplayer
Co-op
Local Co-op
Steam Achievements
Steam Leaderboards
Steam Cloud
Partial Controller Support
Full controller support

Includes level editor
Steam Workshop

What's sold me, though, is the partial and full controller support! That's at least 50% more controller support than other games!

Edit: The lack of cards strikes me as odd. Maybe it'll be added to the list closer to release.

Tellaerin

There’s no turning back once you've started on your quest to free over 300 of your imprisoned friends from evil technological cats.

image.php

Hmmmm...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh indiegala just adds all 3 games at the same time now? not complaining but it was unexpected

From the new bundle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-081A5DCF226DDD0F - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-48D4BC1C8A04408E - Taken by zeroOman. 9 entrants total.

t1395342638z1.png

Daily Men of War:Assault Squad 75% off
Weekend
  • Bioshock Infinite 75% off
  • Payday 2 67% off Free weekend
  • Payday 80% off

How do you think about the Men of war deal?
Would you recommend to purhase the whole package or just pick up the best games of the series?

And about Payday the heist, is it multi-player only?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Winter Voices Episode 2: Nowhere of me -- MB-8A6CFA9C83F673BD - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-E03B804C6991C171 - Taken by Sub Zero. 8 entrants total.

t1395342863z1.png

Pachimari

Seriously, having been on Steam for a little more than a month and with 120+ games I think I'm gonna set up some rules for myself as I also need some hardware and peripherals for my computer.

I guess I'm gonna avoid all sales until the Summer Sales unless the sale is on one of my top 10 wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom