• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spares for y'all:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-3C0BA80F3D13202D - Taken by The Cowboy. 1 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-A03FC9C9E89D28B1 - Taken by trailmix16. 13 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-0D7D3AFB73E2B87D - Taken by TuckingFypo. 2 entrants total.
Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-253E38420B5F23BE - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 6 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-26AFB11D534EB590 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.

t1395353214z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, that countdown timer is a little off. ;)

Edit: Aw, it's fixed. When I loaded the page it said 3,143 days.

There are bots but I believe that they can't complete objects so you have to do all the work.

Playing with bots is not a great experience in this game. So, essentially, yes. The community has been a good one as far as I've seen, if that helps.

Thanks.

Seriously, having been on Steam for a little more than a month and with 120+ games I think I'm gonna set up some rules for myself as I also need some hardware and peripherals for my computer.

I guess I'm gonna avoid all sales until the Summer Sales unless the sale is on one of my top 10 wishes.

I feel you, between Steam weekend-long and daily deals, Hmble bundle, Bundle stars and other bundle sites there are too many good deals and I am afraid I have been buying too much stuff of latetly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for Winter Voices, although it looks like I need the first game to redeem this one.

If you want to nuke it, go ahead..

Sorry.

I dont know how to do that >_>

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: or that ^

I dont know how to do that >_>

From the ModBot guide:

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

The_Monk

My good GAFfers, curiosity questions if I may. Do any of you like to keep all your Steam Library grid icons matching lettering or no lettering or do you follow a certain style to keep your library more vibrant, clean or minimalist?

And for those who buy retail and have their games on shelves do you often print different Art Covers (Grief and others?) because the PC logo or other things are not correctly aligned? For those that buy Steam games retail and like to collect them (Cyberquake and others?) did you ever did something to keep things with a certain style or you always prefer the original covers no matter how good or bad they look (think of the PS3 Covers: Spider-man lettering style > platinum yellow/red cases > new PS3 lettering and soon > lettering with colors similar to the PS4).

I'm asking this because I'm curious to know how can the look of a box, icon, etc bother someone and if you think it can impact on your purchase. Sometimes a cover can make you go digital or it can make you chance it (there are transparent cases, black, white ones, etc). :)

Cth

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Thanks to Rhaknar:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Winter Voices Episode 2: Nowhere of me -- MB-8A6CFA9C83F673BD - Taken by adriano999

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
100% Orange Juice is finally coming to Steam? Considered me excited, I was waiting for this as I have a hard time convincing some friends to buy an online game to play that isn't on Steam.

My good GAFfers, curiosity questions if I may. Do any of you like to keep all your Steam Library grid icons matching lettering or no lettering or do you follow a certain style to keep your library more vibrant, clean or minimalist?

And for those who buy retail and have their games on shelves do you often print different Art Covers (Grief and others?) because the PC logo or other things are not correctly aligned? For those that buy Steam games retail and like to collect them (Cyberquake and others?) did you ever did something to keep things with a certain style or you always prefer the original covers no matter how good or bad they look (think of the PS3 Covers: Spider-man lettering style > platinum yellow/red cases > new PS3 lettering and soon > lettering with colors similar to the PS4).

I'm asking this because I'm curious to know how can the look of a box, icon, etc bother someone and if you think it can impact on your purchase. Sometimes a cover can make you go digital or it can make you chance it (there are transparent cases, black, white ones, etc). :)

I recently switched all my grid icons for textless icons, mainly from the custom steam icons thread here. I think it looks quite nicer, especially in BP mode.

FloatOn

I recently switched all my grid icons for textless icons, mainly from the custom steam icons thread here. I think it looks quite nicer, especially in BP mode.

I also enjoy textless icons. The custom grid icon thread on gaf is a lifesaver.

One of these days I'll put on a skin that kills the spacing between the icons as that pic you posted looks really nice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I mostly buy digital these days, but sometimes I find really good deals on games that activate on Steam and purchase those. Rather than throwing the box and disc away, I always print a new shelf label for the game (so that they all look the same) and put it in my physical collection of games.

In my retro game collection, I have cases with printed artwork that matches for each system (Nintendo, SNES, Sega Genesis, PS1, etc) and I'm quite particular on it all lining up on the shelf correctly and matching. For the (very small) collection of games I have for the PS3 and PSP, I always print new custom artwork for those games so that everything matches.

I guess the only reason I have is that I prefer the way it looks, and that it makes each game easier to identify. I also am particular about putting my physical games in alphabetical order by system.

But then again, I'm kinda crazy about stuff like that :)

Locust

I suppose having custom grid icons bypasses the issue of Steam not caching the images and always redownloading them after restart. Does big picture mode have that problem?

Is it me or is Dota stagnating a bit? Seems to be stuck around 600-700k for some time now. I thought that Horse event would lead to a greater growth.

Humble Rhythm Games bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Symphony
  • Sequence
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
TIER 2: 6$
  • Audiosurf
  • Beat Hazard Ultra
  • Retro/Grade

I am very interested in this bundle, those games are all in my wishlist somehow, my only concern is whether Audiosurf and Symphony can be played without any external MP3 files - I haven't got many mp3 files handy and honestly I don't feel the need to, since when I fancy to listen at some music I just surf Youtube.
Can someone reassure me about this issue?

Gotta love the lightbar misery surrounding the PS4

"hey guys Yosp said you can turn it off in a future update!"

"yay!"

Yosp: "Nope!"

"awww"

=P

Grief.exe

Doesn't always work, I've found. I tried to do it in Metro and Pixel and couldn't get it to work. :(

Its because the files revert to default if you add in any extra data to the file.

I have found the best way to avoid this is by inputting the data a certain way.

Original: 18
Delete:
Addition: 00

I've also found that editing the Steam file and the skin file helps, but isn't always necessary.

Yes, I got this look from a post of yours a while back. Belated thanks. :)

Sure

Gotta love the lightbar misery surrounding the PS4

"hey guys Yosp said you can turn it off in a future update!"

"yay!"

Yosp: "Nope!"

"awww"

=P

"Last time on Xinput Wrapper"

Tellaerin

I am very interested in this bundle, those games are all in my wishlist somehow, my only concern is whether Audiosurf and Symphony can be played without any external MP3 files - I haven't got many mp3 files handy and honestly I don't feel the need to, since when I fancy to listen at some music I just surf Youtube.

Can't tell you about Audiosurf, but Symphony has its own soundtrack included (though I think it's more fun to use your music collection if you have one - part of the fun for me came from discovering what kind of waves and powerups each song would spawn.)

Card Boy

Banned
Repost from PnC thread. This is free on Steam. 100% free with no microtransactions. Has Steam achievements and voice-acting too. You can make a donation to the game here http://www.crystalshard.net/hq.htm

also this what the dev says.

n9O3U.png

header_292x136.jpg

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok is an adventure / RPG hybrid. Like in many adventure games, you have a world to save, and must use your wit, guile and inventory to puzzle your way through.

Like in many roleplaying games, you can customize your character with various classes and skills, and must train yourself in combat to stand a chance against the fierce monsters in your way.

The game is designed in the spirit and atmosphere of the classics, and strives to have the same high quality of art, music, and plot. With multiple character classes and several solutions to many puzzles for further replayability.

ss_35d759eef821ac29161ac872b3901b5297b73e7c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a123c6520a822bc9611f6de9393cf3603c7588ba.1920x1080.jpg

ss_50537b74640c275dd31be9dfdbfd09ed15250533.1920x1080.jpg

ss_935c50ec140dde2b145848b49cc4735c2da14a3d.1920x1080.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
People were earlier expressing interest in Influent, a language learning game. The business model is that you pay $9.99 for the game with one language of your choice, but if you're interested in any additional languages you pay $4.99. For whatever reason, Humble Store has a launch sale that is selling the additional languages for $2.49. So if you expect to learn at least two languages, you should buy your second and subsequent languages at Humble right now, even if you buy the base game/first language at Steam. *confusing*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274980/
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

P.S. Basically all advice on language learning suggests you shouldn't try to learn multiple languages at the same time.

Amzin

I haven't played Audiosurf in a while (I bought it right after it came out so played it a ton), but I am pretty sure they have either some songs included or an internet radio option. I don't believe mp3s are required, but I always used mine.

Edit: I was more curious whether Influent was any good :p That's good to know about the extra language DLC though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom