• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Strategy First has released a couple more games:

D.W.A.R.F.S. is an abbreviation for Dapper Wacky Although Rather Fierce Squad. Welcome to the Magic Forest! Whenever there is trouble, every single animal, big or small, can count on the dwarves’ help. Although it may seem like the squad prefers relaxation to work, the dwarves are the greatest rescue unit in the Magic Forest, and they...

15% off ($5.09) for the next week.

Anmynor Puzzles is set in a world of magic where challenges await in the 100 levels that make up this adventure. Use and combine the abilities of 17 unique and charming characters, the Golems on a journey to gather all the Elemental Runes. Anmynor Puzzles is set in a world of magic and adventure.

15% off ($8.49) for the next week.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I will ask again, please excuse me if this annoy you, I won't do it again : can someone confirm to me that the "Indie Game the Movie" DLC is subtitled ?

According to the Store page it has captions available, so yes.

Chronoja

Free. Both the "Play" and "Install" buttons are present on the store page but the latter, which adds to your game count, may be a mistake so I'd act fast.

Acted fast, oh yeah!. Thanks for the heads up. I think all the fast acting crashed steam again?

Well, I hope we see a nice discount.

You're probably right, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see $40 for USF4. +1 game count, at least!

I don't think they did anything of the sort for SSF4AE, did they? That was just full retail and without SSF4 to upgrade from, there was no "upgrade" last time.

I seriously doubt you'll see anything other than "here's a new sub. if you want to play the new game, give us at least $40."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like it's free anyways.

The difference being that (most) free games on Steam are not permanently attached to your account, unless you purchase DLC for it.

EDIT: Beaten

JaseC

The difference being that (most) free games on Steam are not permanently attached to your account, unless you purchase DLC for it.

EDIT: Beaten

And even then the games, while tethered to your library, don't add to your actual (i.e. profile) game count. The free licence option, which is generally reserved for free DLC, is the only way to add free content to your account in the proper sense.

Ruruja

And even then the games, while tethered to your library, don't add to your actual (i.e. profile) game count. The free licence option, which is generally reserved for free DLC, is the only way to add free content to your account in the proper sense.

So as we were snappy, do we get to keep the +1 even though they've since removed the option? I can't remember what my game count was before it.

def sim

I don't think they did anything of the sort for SSF4AE, did they? That was just full retail and without SSF4 to upgrade from, there was no "upgrade" last time.

I seriously doubt you'll see anything other than "here's a new sub. if you want to play the new game, give us at least $40."

Yeah, you're probably right. I fully expect to pay $40 for this game. :(

Free game and +1 count? Why not :D

I acted fast ^^

The option to tie the license to my account was still available. Yay

JaseC

So as we were snappy, do we get to keep the +1 even though they've since removed the option? I can't remember what my game count was before it.

Yeah, it's in your account for good... unless the devs empty the sub, but there's neither sense nor a point in doing so.

I don't think they did anything of the sort for SSF4AE, did they? That was just full retail and without SSF4 to upgrade from, there was no "upgrade" last time."

I believe Capcom offered a small discount for owners of Steam's SF4 (like 10%). Then there was that pricing mistake during the first (or second?) summer sale that had it for 50-66% off. I was about to get the game for $20 prior to release.

Li Kao

According to the Store page it has captions available, so yes.

Yup, the main store page indicates captions but not the DLC page. Not a huge deal anyways, the pack price is cheap. Just don't really want to discover once again that while I am fully able to write, I couldn't understand spoken English to save my life.

Knurek

Nice, this is that Hero Quest/Quest for Glory (the Sierra one) fan game... Would be nice if Volvo allowed for more freeware games - with achievs/playtime counting.
Or even better yet - PWYW scheme, game is free, but if you want to support the devs/get a +1 to your score, you can buy it.

Nice, this is that Hero Quest fan game... Would be nice if Volvo allowed for more freeware games - with achievs/playtime counting.
Or even better yet - PWYW scheme, game is free, but if you want to support the devs/get a +1 to your score, you can buy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is added one day. Maybe it'll be one of things that gets added as the release of Steam's API and self-publishing comes closer. It could easily be a theme of the summer sale.

louiedog

Yup, the main store page indicates captions but not the DLC page. Not a huge deal anyways, the pack price is cheap. Just don't really want to discover once again that while I am fully able to write, I couldn't understand spoken English to save my life.

This thread on the Steam forums seems to indicate there are no subs for DLC. As someone who knows sign language and has spent a little bit of time in a Deaf community, this annoys me as well.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-0F110B8A0FB4FB5E - Taken by Kiru. 31 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-87D0D91EFEB8DCDE - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.

t1395344636z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is Hacker Evolution any good? Thinking of checking it out via that Bundle Stars bundle.

I don't think so, personally, but setting aside that question entirely it's $2.99 for basically 10 versions of the same thing--I can guarantee you that the number you'll play will either be 0 or 1 so you're better off waiting for the next sale on the game (which happens pretty much weekly) and just getting one of them for $0.99 or less.

KarmaCow

Hmm the Payday 2 DLC is also supposed to be on sale for the same amount as the base game.

edit: How is the online community for Payday 1? I'm assuming it's been abandoned except for the hardcore community since Payday 2 came out.

Chronoja

Yeah, it's in your account for good... unless the devs empty the sub, but there's neither sense nor a point in doing so.

Even though the button changed the game still registers to your account. Just tested it on an alt account and it's there, and it still +1's your game count, basically everyone can still get a free +1.

Mozendo

Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Bundle is currently worth $4.29 USD in the Brazilian Steam Story, not sure if it's a glitch or not.

Edit: Nevermind they fixed it.

I don't think so, personally, but setting aside that question entirely it's $2.99 for basically 10 versions of the same thing--I can guarantee you that the number you'll play will either be 0 or 1 so you're better off waiting for the next sale on the game (which happens pretty much weekly) and just getting one of them for $0.99 or less.

I don't know but there are still a couple of keys available from a ModBot giveaway I did t'other day that you could try:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104517039&postcount=14601

Might help you decide if you want to buy the bundle or not?

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass this time, but I appreciate it.

Eternia

Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Bundle is currently worth $4.29 USD in the Brazilian Steam Story, not sure if it's a glitch or not.

Anyone know any Brazilians ;_; ?
Probably is since the season pass isn't even discounted. Anyone interested should try to grab it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom