• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

This game looks decidedly mediocre and I don't collect games that I'm not interested in playing, so someone feel free to take this away:

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NPPD RUSH The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-DB21E01FB56844B2 - Taken by tylergregg

Knurek

So, no DX12 for XP confirmed. Judging by MS comments about '50% of computers being DX12-capable by the release', no Win7 support as well.

Such a pity that no game developer will use it then, seemed like it had some nice, needed changes.

Oh well, MS being MS.

Can't tell you about Audiosurf, but Symphony has its own soundtrack included (though I think it's more fun to use your music collection if you have one - part of the fun for me came from discovering what kind of waves and powerups each song would spawn.)

Thanks, as I feared it sounds a little underwhelming, incidentally I gather Beat hazard ultra has the same issue :(

I haven't played Audiosurf in a while (I bought it right after it came out so played it a ton), but I am pretty sure they have either some songs included or an internet radio option. I don't believe mp3s are required, but I always used mine.

Oh, this sounds very interesting, internet radio stations are nice and I like the notion of listening at some random stuff while playing, that's one of my favourite feature in Euro truck simulator.

Beat Hazard is more of a visualizer, so it can use Internet Radio to generate levels. Audiosurf requires that you use your own music (mp3 or CD), or the stuff they provide. Audiosurf radio usually has a handful of songs that they replace regularly.

Thanks, I'm afraid I'll end up purchasing also this bundle eventually :D

Nabs

Beat Hazard is more of a visualizer, so it can use Internet Radio to generate levels. Audiosurf requires that you use your own music (mp3 or CD), or the stuff they provide. Audiosurf radio usually has a handful of songs that they replace regularly.

I am very interested in this bundle, those games are all in my wishlist somehow, my only concern is whether Audiosurf and Symphony can be played without any external MP3 files - I haven't got many mp3 files handy and honestly I don't feel the need to, since when I fancy to listen at some music I just surf Youtube.
Can someone reassure me about this issue?

When I bought AudioSurf, years ago, it had the soundtrack to The Orange Box. Dunno if it's still the case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that heroines quest game doesnt seem to be available in europe, at least for me

So, no DX12 for XP confirmed. Judging by MS comments about '50% of computers being DX12-capable by the release', no Win7 support as well.

Such a pity that no game developer will use it then, seemed like it had some nice, needed changes.

Oh well, MS being MS.

Yeah and no DX12 for Win98 either.
Joke aside I expect it to be W8 exclusive.
Also both Win98 and XP share their final DirectX, 9.0c.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
use a firefox/chrome VPN like Hola or download TunnelBear.

I dont care that much, especially for a free game that doesnt even show in your library. I was just comenting on the fact, not lamenting it :p

derExperte

Oh well, MS being MS.

I hope no one expected anything for XP, it needs to finally die. And if by release next year 50% really are DX12 capable then devs will support it, no need for new hardware is a BIG plus. Also as long as they don't explicitly exclude W7 you're jumping to conclusions a little too early imo, maybe (haven't read everything yet) it's mostly OS-independent and a driver thing like AMD's mantle.

Need 2 more for Payday 2 4-Pack (Preferably US/Australia guys).

Are you going through normal channels or through a trader for the 4-pack?

I'm interested, for some reason I can't explain.
If you end up needing 1 more, PM me with price and paypal info and I'll probably be your 4th.

100% Orange Juice has a store page. It releases in May and will have cards.
It is. Wish the Orange Juice folks would expand on it and do a sequel.

Hello there, seeing that there is some talk about our games here, I wanted to drop by and give an update on what we were doing about them lately. I'll also mention what they are first for those who don't want to go searching about in the cold and just read here, in the warm cozy forum atmosphere. ;)

99 Spirits is an RPG/Puzzle game that revolves around the popular Japanese folklore of Tsukumogami, everyday objects coming alive on their 100th birthday.

For our first Steam release 99 Spirits; we just finished the translation of its first Fan Disc, a side story. We are planning to release it as a DLC soon. We also have its second fandisc in the works. I hope we announced that somewhere and wasn't supposed to be a secret... >_>

War of the Human Tanks is a story driven strategy game with a gameplay reminiscent of Battleship and Chess, featuring a story of war, loyalty, sacrifice and human shaped tanks.

For our second Steam release War of the Human Tanks; just yesterday we released a free map pack made from the top entries to our map design contest. Originally the plan was to include the winning entry in the game, but we liked these three entries so much that we had to share them with you.

100% Orange Juice is a goal-oriented boardgame played by OrangeJuice's all-star cast including characters from Acceleration of Suguri, Flying Red Barrel: A Diary of Little Aviator, ChristmaShu~, Sora, and QP Shu~.

For our recently greenlit third release 100% Orange Juice, we were able to implement Steam Lobby to handle game's multiplayer function. While it has an extensive campaign with multiple character's stories and such, it is a 4 player board game, which is best when you can play it with your friends, and shoot them and take their hard earned stars. While doing that we kinda lost it and ended up upgrading to 720p as well. I'm not sure how and when we began that upgrade but it turned out real well. I just uploaded a few HD screenshots to its Steam page for you to check, they are after the 600p shots. I'll eventually replace them all when we are sure about the placement of stuff on all screens. As pointed out earlier in the thread, after we test and polish some more, it will be released early May.

You already heard about the Today's Deal at IndieGameStand but in case you haven't seen them, we also have two giveaways at SteamGifts for War of the Human Tanks - Imperial Edition (10 Copies) and 99 Spirits - Steam Special Edition (10 Copies) because the only thing better than cheaper games are free games. ;)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are you going through normal channels or through a trader for the 4-pack?

I'm interested, for some reason I can't explain.
If you end up needing 1 more, PM me with price and paypal info and I'll probably be your 4th.

Normal I guess, not really into the trader stuff. Just looking for an American/Australian dude to buy the pack for cheaper because I'm european. Still, if anyone can find a better price through a trader, let me know

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Rhythm Games bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Symphony
  • Sequence
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
TIER 2: 6$
  • Audiosurf
  • Beat Hazard Ultra
  • Retro/Grade
Amazing bundle. I'm only missing Symphony, which was on my wishlist for quite a long time, so I'll only grab the $1 tier. But Audiosurf and Retro/Grade are totally worth paying $6 for, and although I played a fair bit of Beat Hazard on my phone, I barely touched the PC version (though it's still a fun game).

Dolor

Oh well, MS being MS.

Maybe Windows 9 will be really good, but I would be surprised if Windows 8 adoption alone is that high by next year. If not, you're looking at even longer for it to be supported in many games.

Even as much as I am hoping SteamOS does well, I also hope Windows 9 is a better version of 7.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Okay, so from feedback from last night, re-doing my atmosphere tracks. For those who don't know, got a crazy idea from this topic last week to outdo compete with the other RPG Maker titles on Steam, and see if I can make a good RPG Maker Horror game and get it through Greenlight. That's still far-off though.

So I've been doing my own composing and spriting for the last few days, but on composing I haven't done it in ages, so I'm not fully confident in my abilities. So I asked for feedback. Pulled from it the melodic tracks I made quickly worked, atmospheric tracks weren't as good. So re-working them.

So of course looking for more feedback, I will move this discussion soon to the game development topic but since this topic inspired it and I do have a secondary goal to go through Greenlight eventually, do want feedback here. As a low budget I decided I can't afford an actual musician so I'll have to do. OTL

All tracks made for RPG Maker, so they're short and loop.

So these two tracks are sticking:
https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/car-troubles
https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/are-we-there-yet

And replacing this track from last night:
https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/entering-the-tunnel

With this track I just did a bit ago:
https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/entering-the-tunnel-reworked

Hopefully it's an improvement, of course looking for feedback if its any good, and reworking the other quick atmosphere tracks I made last night.

Knurek

And if by release next year 50% really are DX12 capable then devs will support it, no need for new hardware is a BIG plus. Also as long as they don't explicitly exclude W7 you're jumping to conclusions a little too early imo, maybe (haven't read everything yet) it's mostly OS-independent and a driver thing like AMD's mantle.

They asked MS rep about Win7, he did not explicitly answer - my take is that MS doesn't want to acknowledge that Win7 is the new XP and people just. won't. downgrade from it.

And no, I don't think any dev will actively go out and support a coding path that would be available to less then 10% of potential customers. Exactly like they didn't support DX10. Or DX11.1. Or DX 11.2. Adding a new number will not change the fact that Win8+8.1 combined have been gradually losing market presence in last few months.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Only Wolfpack DLC for Payday 1 is on sale for the Payday sale. Base game (PD1/2) are the only things on sale as well.

DISAPPOINTED.jpg

I'll get the Wolfpack content while the PD2 content leaves a LOT to be desired for their price

Okay, so from feedback from last night, re-doing my atmosphere tracks. For those who don't know, got a crazy idea from this topic last week to outdo compete with the other RPG Maker titles on Steam, and see if I can make a good RPG Maker Horror game and get it through Greenlight. That's still far-off though.

So I've been doing my own composing and spriting for the last few days, but on composing I haven't done it in ages, so I'm not fully confident in my abilities. So I asked for feedback. Pulled from it the melodic tracks I made quickly worked, atmospheric tracks weren't as good. So re-working them.

So of course looking for more feedback, I will move this discussion soon to the game development topic but since this topic inspired it and I do have a secondary goal to go through Greenlight eventually, do want feedback here. As a low budget I decided I can't afford an actual musician so I'll have to do. OTL

Hopefully it's an improvement, of course looking for feedback if its any good, and reworking the other quick atmosphere tracks I made last night.

Nice work :). I think you made the right decision to do the audio yourself, if you don't mind me saying so.

I liked the original tunnel track though so hope you find some use for it.

Good luck!

jediyoshi

Everytime the BioInf season pass is still full price while the game is on sale, I feel a little better about picking it up for $5.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'm really looking forward to the finished project. So far everything you've posted about it has been good.

I like it, and I think "Are we there yet?" must be my favorite track from all the ones you posted.

Zia

Here are some things:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bit.Trip Runner -- MB-EEE830C650ACC9C4 - Taken by Vazduh
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-549224B5694039F2 - Taken by Faabulous
Audiosurf -- MB-8AC7ADD64558F55E - Taken by Fool (I dream of Zack Snyder)

Lain

Hello there, seeing that there is some talk about our games here, I wanted to drop by and give an update on what we were doing about them lately. I'll also mention what they are first for those who don't want to go searching about in the cold and just read here, in the warm cozy forum atmosphere. ;)

99 Spirits is an RPG/Puzzle game that revolves around the popular Japanese folklore of Tsukumogami, everyday objects coming alive on their 100th birthday.

For our first Steam release 99 Spirits; we just finished the translation of its first Fan Disc, a side story. We are planning to release it as a DLC soon. We also have its second fandisc in the works. I hope we announced that somewhere and wasn't supposed to be a secret... >_>

War of the Human Tanks is a story driven strategy game with a gameplay reminiscent of Battleship and Chess, featuring a story of war, loyalty, sacrifice and human shaped tanks.

For our second Steam release War of the Human Tanks; just yesterday we released a free map pack made from the top entries to our map design contest. Originally the plan was to include the winning entry in the game, but we liked these three entries so much that we had to share them with you.

100% Orange Juice is a goal-oriented boardgame played by OrangeJuice's all-star cast including characters from Acceleration of Suguri, Flying Red Barrel: A Diary of Little Aviator, ChristmaShu~, Sora, and QP Shu~.

For our recently greenlit third release 100% Orange Juice, we were able to implement Steam Lobby to handle game's multiplayer function. While it has an extensive campaign with multiple character's stories and such, it is a 4 player board game, which is best when you can play it with your friends, and shoot them and take their hard earned stars. While doing that we kinda lost it and ended up upgrading to 720p as well. I'm not sure how and when we began that upgrade but it turned out real well. I just uploaded a few HD screenshots to its Steam page for you to check, they are after the 600p shots. I'll eventually replace them all when we are sure about the placement of stuff on all screens. As pointed out earlier in the thread, after we test and polish some more, it will be released early May.

You already heard about the Today's Deal at IndieGameStand but in case you haven't seen them, we also have two giveaways at SteamGifts for War of the Human Tanks - Imperial Edition (10 Copies) and 99 Spirits - Steam Special Edition (10 Copies) because the only thing better than cheaper games are free games. ;)

I didn't know about the upcoming fan disc for 99 spirits, nor about the map pack for War of the Human Tanks or the upgrades for 100% Orange Juice so your post was very interesting.
Considering I've been liking these games you've brought us, I hope you've been finding success on Steam with them so you'll bring more in the future.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man revisiting Arkham City is just as awesome as my revisit to Arkham Asylum. I might have to hop into a replay of Origins after this because of the Batman thirst I'm experiencing. Dat Dr. Freeze DLC and Blackgate Super HD edition can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom