• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Gone Home seems to be not my "game". I've played some over an hour and I'm bored out of my mind already, nor do I care about what happened to the family. Would take Dear Esther over it easily, at least I was interested in what's going on. Oh well, one game from the list.

Grief.exe

Gone Home seems to be not my "game". I've played some over an hour and I'm bored out of my mind already, nor do I care about what happened to the family. Would take Dear Esther over it easily, at least I was interested in what's going on. Oh well, one game from the list.

Seems like a game that would be very polarizing.

Zafir

Admittedly I did get headaches when I first got my headphones, but they went after a few days and not had any issues since.

I think I put them around a box which was similar sized to my head, that probably helped.

I think it had really good atmosphere, but I don't think the story made use of it, at all.

I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and read it's pretty easy to tell if it's for you or not by asking yourself this:

Did you like Shenmue 1 & 2? But, like, did you REALLY like them? Because this game seems to scratch that same itch.

Zafir

I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and read it's pretty easy to tell if it's for you or not by asking yourself this:

Did you like Shenmue 1 & 2? But, like, did you REALLY like them? Because this game seems to scratch that same itch.
Eh, they're my favourite games, and well, I didn't think the game was amazing. :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.0. This update includes a number of changes:

• Added warning dialog when browsing Steam in a language other than your preferred language
  • Added price history information to the wishlist page when hovering over a game
  • Added option to display store page videos using HTML5 player instead of Flash
  • Added library filtering options by genre and by category
  • Added coupon discount percentage to display on coupon tags
  • Added your personal achievement stats back to app pages in the "My Activity" box
  • Fixed a bug that caused Early Access overlays to incorrectly show on games with coupons
  • Fixed header links inserted by Enhanced Steam not displaying due to a change made by Valve
  • Fixed a bug in some languages where badge filtering didn't work properly
  • Fixed a bug in entering custom amounts into Steam wallet page
  • Enhanced Steam will now display the highest % off coupon you have available on app pages
The extension will update automatically in the next 60 minutes.

As always, if you have any problems with the new version, please let me know.

Where's my jump to page for the market? :p

Arthea

You know what's strange, usually steamgaf points me out weird games (I would have missed otherwise), that are really worthy, as Stanley Parable for example, it's great! I like Dear Esther too, more or less, and many others.
But time to time it doesn't click at all, like with Gone Home, or to the Moon earlier. To the Moon was OK, I guess, but I had no feels and could have skipped it without any damage to my gaming needs and some benefit to my backlog (><)
Well, I guess even you guys can't be always right!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Oh, you can pre-order Murdered Soul Suspect now.

EN_Pre-Order%20Offer%20PC%20Download.png

+10% off.
Restricted regions...
And I can't add the "Region Locked" tag anymore! What. The. Fuck.
Good going Volvo/Squeenix

Holy shit, that looks brilliant.

Bioshock Infinite is $5.62 here in Chile. As far as I can tell it's not region locked but I hope somebody double checks this.
It's not, and yeah, for some reason 2K seems to love us South Americans :)

Wow my interest in Ninja Gaiden Yaiba just went from a 0/10 ("no interest, would probably still be compelled to buy if it was $1 or something, but I wouldn't play it") to a -5/10 ("wouldn't buy at any price, would give it away if I got it in a bundle")
I love that scale, wish more people used it!

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.0. This update includes a number of changes:

The extension will update automatically in the next 60 minutes.

As always, if you have any problems with the new version, please let me know.
Nice!!
My Chrome is being lazy and hasn't updated yet though :(

In Tales of Graces you can do decent combos pretty early, but you do have to play quite a bit
through that incredibly dreadful "story"
to get to the crazy ones

I beat it in an hour. I enjoyed it as all the 90's references as well (teen during that era).

I had the opposite reaction found Dear Esther incredibly boring but loved Gone Home. Dear Esther looked really great at times though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles.

First of all I really do quite like the lowest price info being given on wishlist, but how do I remove just that one selection of data? When I removed a game from the wish list, the Current Lowest Price: et all stayed behind for example.

Not a big deal since I refreshing the page takes care of it, so I'm just curious if there is another way in doing it.

For now, refreshing the page is the best way to handle this. Someone else pointed out that it also gets all screwy when you re-order the list and sort it and such. I'll build some logic into this function in a future version to (hopefully) take care of these sorts of things.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah but most comments say that they experience a CTM (Crash To Metro). Also I'M not sure if I want to expand into another digital platform.

I mention it in part because the developer, Southend Interactive, no longer exists. So this might very well be the last sale, and I don't think it's likely to appear on Steam or anything like that.

Pachimari

Not in my game, but I remember they do in early videos they showed off a long time ago

Yeah, I remember those videos. Oh well, then nothing to be worried about - I thought I missed out on some leaf magic.

I also super excited about Gone Home. It's the 90's stuff which has made it jump to #1 on my wishlist.

Arthea

I had the opposite reaction found Dear Esther incredibly boring but loved Gone Home. Dear Esther looked really great at times though

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dear Esther is a great game or anything like that, just that atmosphere worked on me nicely, while Gone Home does nothing for me, I probably would have had more fun filling my income declaration form than playing it (ya, I have to do that sometime in a month time, sigh).

Sini

They seem very interesting, thank you.

Can you remember if the game is supposed to have leafs which reacts to your movement?
All bigger foliage that's bigger than small bush(but big fat trees excluded) will react to physical forces including player, NPCs, explosions, gunfire, vehicles and other objects.

Edit: Oh, and wind as well. And that works with big trees too.

Arthea

I don't know how some of you guys can run through it so quickly. I think it took me about 2.5hrs. I guess I was really into the atmosphere.
I guess, reading random stuff or rotating random items takes most of the time, if one was not to do it extensively, it could be finished much faster.

Varg

Banned
anyone else having problems logging into gamestop.com? They have 75% off dead island riptide for steam but I can't create an account without getting an error everytime.

Relax.MX

anyone else having problems logging into gamestop.com? They have 75% off dead island riptide for steam but I can't create an account without getting an error everytime.

The consensus of all said to be worse than the first, then it really is not worth it. I get the first one for free and I felt robbed. The destiny want to miss this and go to buy a six pack of beer

Varg

Banned
The consensus of all said to be worse than the first, then it really is not worth it. I get the first one for free and I felt robbed. The destiny want to miss this and go to buy a six pack of beer

Opinions... everyone has one. First one was pretty damn good. Guess they're just having website problems.

I mention it in part because the developer, Southend Interactive, no longer exists. So this might very well be the last sale, and I don't think it's likely to appear on Steam or anything like that.

Is it possible to buy from the Windows App Store without actually running Windows 8?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it possible to buy from the Windows App Store without actually running Windows 8?

Not to my knowledge, there's no web store or anything and the connections are done over SSL so I don't think you'd be able to spoof it. I keep a dual-boot partition on my Macbook Air to reboot on the extremely rare chance I want to check out a W8 game.

Nabs

It looks like I have enough Bing credit to get $3 for the Windows Store. I always wanted ilomilo, so I guess I'll go for it.

oipic

New headphones give me a splitting headache, sigh.

Sorry to hear that, Grief - headphones are like prospective partners, though, in that you never quite know how you're going to get along until you try living together for awhile.

What make/model did you just get? Please tell me your beloved AD700s are still okay? (I'm still hoping going to get a pair one day)

Lain

5 minutes in and I can't help but think that Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan is a pretty amateurish game thanks to some questionable visual responses and bugs.

Nabs

I'm mad that there's no Uplay client for the Windows 8 store. I just played some Rayman Jungle Run without having to wait for Uplay to update. I felt ripped off.

I also like how there's no way to quit games the normal way. It must be a Microsoft requirement.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm mad that there's no Uplay client for the Windows 8 store. I just played some Rayman Jungle Run without having to wait for Uplay to update. I felt ripped off.

I also like how there's no way to quit games the normal way. It must be a Microsoft requirement.
Even though they have an iOS uplay thing they don't use it for either Rayman there too. They support Game Center too which makes me sad I don't get ass creed steam cheevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom