• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Just got a LOVE booster pack. No foils, 1 repeat. Better than nothing I guess

Anyone wanna trade belly of the beast with tricky steps?

Sendou

Damn Alpha Protocol is a good game. Didn't think I would enjoy it this much. Has to be my favorite Obsidian game to date. Criminally underrated (except here I guess :p).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Get me one of those too, to go with that Nuclear Throne coupon. :p

I maxed out the Portal 2 and Don't Starve badges earlier today but no Nuclear Throne coupon, sadly. I did get 50% off Chuck's Challenge 3D, 50% off Iron Soul and 66% off The Yawhg, though, which suits me just fine as I own none of them. ;)

_hekk05

Banned
For those wondering:

1. By default hide games from the new releases list that are not really new (just new to steam)
2. Use the featured items area to promote old games that are actually good.

Which are fair enough ideas (ES for 1.?) but I don't see why it took a 15 minute video. Do all of his videos go on like that?

TB's videos are definitely full of his rants. He presents plenty of evidence in his videos though, which makes them longer than those of most others. There definitely is a point in most of his videos where he has made all his points, then proceeds to rib on the game more though.

As a rule, watch for a while, and when it gets ranty, just stop watching.

I just took a bunch of screenshots only to my horror that Steam did not save any uncompressed copy despite I set it to do so. Now I'm stuck with filthy, dirty compressed jpegs. Why? ;_;

Ruruja

For those wondering:

1. By default hide games from the new releases list that are not really new (just new to steam)
2. Use the featured items area to promote old games that are actually good.

Which are fair enough ideas (ES for 1.?) but I don't see why it took a 15 minute video. Do all of his videos go on like that?

I disagree with 1. It's a new release on steam, not that hard to understand. You can see the original release date on the store page anyways.

Turfster

Strategic War in Europe keys available for most bundles it was in (Indieroyale Debut 10, Indiefort Countdown, Bundle in a Box Strategy)

Milamber

I can't because reasons. ;_;

Welp!

AYjydI2.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-DA042CCD7EB9F8D2 - Taken by Myshkin

I also own the game as part of a GamesRage bundle but there's no Steam key just yet.

Just to be sure, what is the format for Steam uncompressed copy? PNG?

Yes.

I disagree with 1. It's a new release on steam, not that hard to understand. You can see the original release date on the store page anyways.
Same here, I probably would've missed games like Marc Ecko's getting Up/BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger/Obscure coming out had they not appeared on the new releases section.

I can understand where he's coming from, but I don't agree with it.

Zafir

Planet Explorers looks neat, anyone checked it yet? It has favourable reviews.
I did, I've put a good number of hours into it. Seems to have quite a lot of potential. The fact it has a creation editor means you can go quite in depth with creating vehicles/weapons. Unlike most it does have a story mode too, although at the moment it just seems like mostly fetch/kill quests.

My backlog is growing and I can't stop playing Warframe. Someone help me.

Peace comes from acceptance.
I have had a similar thing with my backlog and XCOM.
I stopped playing it recently and tackled my backlog but nothing I tried clicked with me and they all ended up getting on my nerves sooner or later.
So I got fed up with that and even had a couple of days of watching lots of old episodes of Southpark instead.
Then I decided to fire up XCOM to quickly get a few EU achievements but that of course got me back into it again.
However, from doing this I realised that I was enjoying myself and I hadn't been with the backlog games so what was the point of stressing myself about it.
As long as you're enjoying Warframe, play it!
Your backlog can wait.
One day you'll feel like playing something different and it will still be there.

Terra_Ex

My backlog is growing and I can't stop playing Warframe. Someone help me.
First separate out any games you have from bundles that you aren't really interested in "completing", there are many games that are good for a quick blast but I don't count them in my backlog. Then for a time, stop playing multiplayer games, stop playing games without a definitive end point and most crucially - spend less time browsing the net and GAF. Restrict your new pc purchases until they hit that dirt cheap 66-75% off price point and you'll care much less about completing them anytime soon. Then focus on completing some games in your backlog. It can help if you can stick to it for a while.

Or just resign yourself to it and look at it from the perspective that you have a large library of games, comprising multiple genres and now always have something to fit your mood.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just finished Far Cry 3. Meh.

Should have ended when
you kill Vaas
, and it shouldn't have had the native/tattoo story. Also, it should have been a linear FPS because Ubisoft sucks at open world games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom