• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls question regarding Big Hat Logan:

Is there any reason for him not to be appearing in the prison cell under Dukes Archives? I know I freed him back at Sen's Fortress, but he's nowhere to be found in this cell. I haven't fought Seath yet (well I obviously did enough to get thrown in prison), and I have the key, and am standing in the empty cell. Thoughts?

JustinBB7

Is there any reason for him not to be appearing in the prison cell under Dukes Archives? I know I freed him back at Sen's Fortress, but he's nowhere to be found in this cell. I haven't fought Seath yet (well I obviously did enough to get thrown in prison), and I have the key, and am standing in the empty cell. Thoughts?

Maybe you have/had to talk to him @ firelink first. Dunno if you still can.

mannerbot

Maybe check if he's at Firelink still? Maybe you have to talk to him first (though I doubt it). Weird stuff!

Also while we're talking about Dark Souls, closing in on the end of my SL1 run. Earlier today I beat (DLC boss spoiler)
Manus, only Kalameet left now as I fully expect Gwyn to be a pushover. Made decent time, ~18 hours so far. Wonder if I should go back and beat some of the optional bosses I skipped?
Highly recommend trying an SL1 playthrough, it's like playing the game for the first time again. So much fun~

JustinBB7

Maybe check if he's at Firelink still? Maybe you have to talk to him first (though I doubt it). Weird stuff!

Also while we're talking about Dark Souls, closing in on the end of my SL1 run. Earlier today I beat (DLC boss spoiler)
Manus, only Kalameet left now as I fully expect Gwyn to be a pushover. Made decent time, ~18 hours so far. Wonder if I should go back and beat some of the optional bosses I skipped?
Highly recommend trying an SL1 playthrough, it's like playing the game for the first time again. So much fun~

I wanna do a SL1 run, but I'm waiting for steamworks. Just in case there is an achievement tied to it. (I doubt it, but just in case)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I mention it in part because the developer, Southend Interactive, no longer exists. So this might very well be the last sale, and I don't think it's likely to appear on Steam or anything like that.

Southend no longer exists because it was bought out by Ubi and incorporated into Ubisoft Massive. Assuming Microsoft doesn't own the IP, Ilomilo+ will likely disappear from the WinStore when Microsoft's publishing contract expires but I'd say that the reins being handed to Ubisoft actually increases the possibility of a Steam release.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Southend no longer exists because it was bought out by Ubi and incorporated into Ubisoft Massive. Assuming Microsoft doesn't own the IP, Ilomilo+ will likely disappear from the WinStore when Microsoft's publishing contract expires but I'd say that the reins being handed to Ubisoft actually increases the possibility of a Steam release.

I believe technically Southend closed and Ubisoft hired everyone from the company, rather than Ubisoft buying the company.

JaseC

I believe technically Southend closed and Ubisoft hired everyone from the company, rather than Ubisoft buying the company.

Apparently it was a bit of both:

It stands to reason that since Southend and Ubi had some history its IPs would have been acquired along with the internal development tools, but I can't seem to find confirmation.

Tizoc

Regarding Yaiba: Video options aren't much but the game runs really smooth at 60 FPS and the AA is OK, I haven't seen any jaggies though. I think that like DmC 2013, this can still run fine on low end lappys or PCs.
Cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS however =V

Why is that dude wearing a skirt?
And why is it raining panties?

1- It's a schoolgirl outfit
2- Because Japan
3- It's a really short scene like 10 seconds long, after that it's back to Musou-ing

Wow my interest in Ninja Gaiden Yaiba just went from a 0/10 ("no interest, would probably still be compelled to buy if it was $1 or something, but I wouldn't play it") to a -5/10 ("wouldn't buy at any price, would give it away if I got it in a bundle")

Eh you'll probably end up playing it bossman. Since you're most likely gonna end up playing Lords of Shadow 2 and Thief 2014 down the road anyways.

so spark unlimited trying too hard to make western sushis instead of japanese hamburger

I don't think Spark Unlimited had that idea, and it was more Comcept or Team Ninja.

Tecl0n

My memory is a little fuzzy but ,
if he's not there, then he'll appear in the library/book room after defeating the Seath as if you had rescued him.

JaseC

So I saw The Muppets Most Wanted today and
OMG Saoirse Ronan.

Haha, yeah, for some reason I stumbled upon Variety's review and the author mentions that she has a brief cameo. The film doesn't release here until the 10th, which is the same day that Grand Budapest Hotel hits theatres, so maybe I'll make a day of it. :p

Milamber

Haha, yeah, for some reason I stumbled upon Variety's review and the author mentions that she has a brief cameo. The film doesn't release here until the 10th, which is the same day that Grand Budapest Hotel hits theatres, so maybe I'll make a day of it. :p

Did LEGO Movie show there yet?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played a couple of missions of Highborn (what is this madness, me playing other games), its...cute. ok-ish at best little turn based strategy game with terrible comedy. I enjoyed it tho, well, at least those 2 missions.

Tizoc

LEGO Marvel is the most boring LEGO game Iv'e played, but maybe it was due to series fatigue. I just really got bored by the time I beat it and deleted it from my PS3 =/

Milamber

LEGO Marvel is the most boring LEGO game Iv'e played, but maybe it was due to series fatigue. I just really got bored by the time I beat it and deleted it from my PS3 =/

It does get a bit boring in the end game, where you are doubling back to collect all the collectibles. But I did enjoy the humor on the first run.

JaseC

Man, LEGO Movie, Grand Budapest Hotel and Muppets Most Wanted within 2 weeks. You're gonna have a fun time. Wonder if cinema tickets are expensive in AU?

Not overly, but they creep up more often than they should. These days a student concession only reduces the price of an adult ticket to $16 for a 2D film, however my local cinema offers a "member's club" card you can buy for $25 that gets you $10 movie tickets for a year so I've been meaning to get my hands on one.

Tizoc

In any case I'm looking forward to what hayashi and inafune will say about the game this time :p

Inafune will use his not Megaman games as an excuse on why he did't put much time into it =V

I swear these Playfire rewards would be enough to make any Steam game hoarder PLAY their games. I've got both Dishonored and Witcher 2 on my Account but both games are gigiantic in size so it'd take a day to install them both.
Just gonna focus on Yaiba TBH, I migh go out of my way to look up some YT videos to find the collectables so I can get that part of the game over and done with for the Cheevos and Playfire rewards.

Not overly, but they creep up more often than they should. These days a student concession only reduces the price of an adult ticket to $16 for a 2D film, however my local cinema offers a "member's club" card you can buy for $25 that gets you $10 movie tickets for a year so I've been meaning to get my hands on one.

Damn, that's rough. Cost me 6.50 to see the Grand Budapest Hotel yesterday at a pretty nice theater.

Just because I can't get to sleep this night I'll write about my adventures in KOTOR II.

As always I'm playing a light side jedi, even though I don't always answer the dialogs the way a jedi could answer, but I have too much light side points so I can afford some dark side points without impacting too much on the plot.

So far I completed Peragus (choose to blow everything there), did mostly of the quests on Telos Citadel I think I'm just missing a
bounty and getting the fuel for the citadel
. In Telos quests I sided with the
Ithorians that are trying to restore the planet surface.

After Telos I went to Dantooine and it was interesting to see
everything destroyed
, I say it because I played the first game with my friend back in the day and I kinda felt nostalgic. In Dantooine I sided with [spoilers]the local farmers so on the last quest I fixed almost everything that was broken[/spoiler]. It was in Dantooine that I got two op powers while leveling up: Force persuade and the Force Shock or whatever it's called, seriously I basically spam it in combat and wreck almost everything.

An interesting point is how Kreia interact to mostly of your choices, she keeps rambling about almost every action I choose to do. Now I'm in Nar Shadaa and I'm almost done with this place, I helped the
humans in the refugee sector and killed all of the military faction as the exchange agents there
. Now one complaint about Nar Shadaa, the pace is horrible, you spend a lot of time talking then after a certain point it's all combat and I'm not too fond on the battle system, the enemy AI is easily exploited and sometimes you give a command to your characters but they just stand here. Except for these parts I'm enjoying the game a lot, there is a lot of options to choose from the dialog and it's well writen. I only got two gaming break bugs, one time the dialogs options didn't showed up so I had to restart and the other one was a crash to the desktop.

JaseC

Damn, that's rough. Cost me 6.50 to see the Grand Budapest Hotel yesterday at a pretty nice theater.

Surprisingly GBH is on my preferred local(ish) cinema's Coming Soon list, so I won't have to make a trip into the city to see it as I had been assuming. I'd guess that the film's ridiculous per-theatre average in the US saw it get a wider-than-anticipated release here.

Tizoc

It does get a bit boring in the end game, where you are doubling back to collect all the collectibles. But I did enjoy the humor on the first run.

That too, didn't feel like 100%ing it either and I've Platinumed both LotR and LEGO Batman 2.

JaseC

well that sucks, I didnt get it :/

He's not accommodating key requests, either, sadly. Offering Steam keys through his own site, akin to what the Motor Rock devs are doing, with a big disclaimer that the game is buggy and no longer officially supported wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have a sealed copy of Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition(got it for 5 euros lol) that I've been saving for when I finish the two first ones on PC... but I just saw the prices that this goes for on Ebay, and I'm considering selling it for money to use on my summer sale haul. Decisions, decisions...

Sell that puppy.
Just buy a cheap digital copy from Amazon and play it on your PC. The profit is worth it.

He's not accommodating key requests, either, sadly. Offering Steam keys through his own site, akin to what the Motor Rock devs are doing, with a big disclaimer that the game is buggy and no longer officially supported wouldn't be a bad idea.

Get me one of those too, to go with that Nuclear Throne coupon. :p

Anteater

I'm in a Stream with Namco PR and I asked him about the lighting and differences. His response was "The game looks good and runs well on PC. Everything just looks so clear." He is really vague about the lighting downgrades and saying he doesn't see the differences and said that the pictures from the steam page are supposed to be from the PC version. He said he thinks that the game artsyle did change a bit to a bit lighter than previous. It was kind of a ramble but when the On demand video goes up I'll link the specific time. It's about as close as we've gotten to some answers but it really sounds like the lighting is out.

poor grief, hope he enjoys his birthday weekend :p

JaseC

I got an e-mail earlier today about NDA guidelines for the BattleBlock Theatre beta, which I thought was odd because as far as I was aware I didn't get in, so I searched my inbox and...

Boomshakalaka!
You've been selected for the BattleBlock Theater Steam Beta

Not sure how I missed it, haha.

mannerbot

So my Dark Souls SL1 run is basically done now, finished all of the hard bosses. Recorded the
Kalameet
kill, pretty funny how easy it looks when I wiped for an hour+. :p

Braag

If they do a XB1 and PS4 version with the lighting people are gonna be pissed.

Why? Because From is taking advantage of a superior hardware?
There have all ready been some games which were released on current and last gen consoles and the PS4/XB1 versions look better.
Apparently they're doing so with the latest Assassin's Creed as well though we don't know how big the difference will be with that one.

And I hope you were talking about DS2 or this post would be silly.

JaseC

I got an offer to trade my Deadpool for Bulletstorm. Good or bad offer? I need opinion

Deadpool is a Steamworks title, which is why asking prices have plateaued at around 12 keys for the time being; Bulletstorm is not and so it's only going to rise in price. Even if you want to play it safe and cash out on Bulletstorm just in case it returns later down the line sans GFWL, it won't be long before people are offering more than ~12 keys.

_hekk05

Banned
I got an e-mail earlier today about NDA guidelines for the BattleBlock Theatre beta, which I thought was odd because as far as I was aware I didn't get in, so I searched my inbox and...

Not sure how I missed it, haha.

Damn I missed battleblock beta? How did you sign up for it?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Spelunky Metroid Mod is out and I somehow missed it in all my excitement of getting to Hell for the first time. Looks great.
http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=4342.0

13042701105_a9996f1451_c.jpg

Spelunky Metroid Mod is out and I somehow missed it in all my excitement of getting to Hell for the first time. Looks great.
http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=4342.0

Really cool mod, but it is very hard to play. It is like playing Spelunky for the first time all over again, because I have no idea what anything is, item, enemy or just a rock (which looks like an enemy).

Also super strange not to have a gun.

But certainly well worth a look.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Every year they release a new main game. If you own the old one, you get upgraded, along with any DLC you have. I think over the years a small handful of DLC have not transferred, but the vast majority have. I bought Trainworks in like 2010 or 2011 or something and I'm still being upgraded for free every year.

Ah I see.

And didn't know Train Stimulator's old name was Trainworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom